Thread: Is WWE Doing it Right?

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Is WWE Doing it Right?

I have been enjoying the hell out of WWE 2010 so far, it's been so refreshing to see this entourage of new talent come in and basically push aside some of the regular talent. Guys like Sheamus and Swagger who've broken out and gotten TV time when given a chance have really caught my eye and have kept me interested in their characters.

However, with the sudden spring cleaning WWE has been doing (releases), opportunities at a tag team building has been squandered. As bland as Shelton Benjamin is, he could have formed a tag team with a guy who could possibly carry him and could have been put to good use. I guess that's one of my few gripes about WWE right now.

What do you wish WWE would focus more upon? Are you satisfied with WWE?

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: Is WWE Doing it Right?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I'm more into WWE than I used to be. I stopped watching wrestling sometime during high school (2002-2003 era) and only got back into it toward the middle of Fall 2009. I felt change was coming. The product then sucked ass but I felt like it could get better soon. CM Punk was great and a few others as I remember, and TNA hadn't really been on my radar. But I did feel a change. Then I heard Hogan was announced to be aligning with TNA and everything was different. WWE started stepping up its game and from what I can tell is miles ahead because they're not putting it out "just to do it week to week," now they're fighting a war. They're not desperate by any means but you can tell by the writing that *someone* cares. DX and Hornswoggle and all the stupid shit between is gone. I really do enjoy the product now, instead of watching it hoping to enjoy it more than I do.

Tommy Got Hacked

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    How is all that stupid shit gone when they waste like half of every RAW with lame guest host skits?
    I guess it's not. Haha. I didn't really pay much attention to the Hasselhoff and MacGruber episodes, too busy watching the far superior TNA... but when Hart was coming back, I remember watching John Cena (whom I hate for the most part) coming down to the ring and talking to Vince McMahon about disrespecting the people who helped elevate WWE to where they are today. Something about chewing gum being spit out.

It was one of the most poignant, reverent moments I had seen in wrestling under the Vince McMahon era. Things felt like they had legitimately changed for the better. Also: cocky jerk Batista was fantastic.

Maybe I've just gotten used to the crapmachine WWE Raw has become to the point where it doesn't phase me *as much* but I do think past episodes in 2010 (barring the last two) and very late 2009 have been much better than the majority of the ones I saw throughout most of 2009.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

I think Wrestlemania is accountable for RAW being good the first quarter of 2010, but now it's sliding back into the way it was towards the end of last year.

I think I'm somewhere in the middle; not quite satisfied, but not altogether disappointed with WWE so far in 2010. Things I would like to see?

- Stop the guest hosts already and get a GM for RAW. Maybe Tiffany, maybe Bret Hart, but the guest hosts seriously aren't doing RAW any favors right now. Especially in the Diva department, where all those girls really do is partake in stupid gimmick "matches" that really set their wrestling careers back. And if we can't get rid of guest hosts, then...

- Send all of the Divas from RAW that actually wrestle to Smackdown, This way we're not getting basically the same Diva match every week on Smackdown, and we wouldn't have to suffer through another ball gown battle royal or whatever stupid concoction of a "match" that could be thought up on RAW. There would be a need for some eye candy of course, so the Bellas can stay put.

- Focus more on tag teams please. Pretty please?

I may add some more later.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I'd rather see Tiffany wrestle.

They should stop using guest hosts that are selling products and instead do a lottery to award random superstars the opportunity to guest host, if not get rid of hosts altogether.

Hell, they don't even need a GM. I'd prefer it to be like the wild, wild west.

Sole Survivor

Well, I wish they would focus more off of the PG and start doing the right thing and have it TV-14. Then, focus on having more superstars to fll up the brand and have b shows for the brands and build up a great tag team division. It would be awesome and I would love WWE to give out more pushes. That is all for now

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wwe1013 View Post
    Well, I wish they would focus more off of the PG and start doing the right thing and have it TV-14. Then, focus on having more superstars to fll up the brand and have b shows for the brands and build up a great tag team division. It would be awesome and I would love WWE to give out more pushes. That is all for now
    Ever since towards the end of 2009 WWE's been getting more lenient with PG, allowing more adult situations and suggestive themes appear on TV. I'd say give WWE a year, and this whole PG stuff won't even be noticeable.

I can't stress how much a tag division in WWE would benefit both shows right now. All that needs to be done is get some guys together, cut some promos, and have some feuds. It's really not that hard to construct a tag team division, because WWE's got the talent, but the main focus, I'd say more than 75% of the show's time are centered around world title feuds and match hype. WWE's gotta get out of the groove imo.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I can't say it's the reason WWE's tag division is non-existent for certain, but Eric Bischoff told me recently "why pay four wrestlers when you can pay two?" I think in the grander scheme of things a tag division is important to the dichotomy of professional wrestling but you can't argue that if you can get away with doing it less, you save $$$.

Tommy Got Hacked

SIX F'N STARS

Status

But TNA have an enormous roster so Bischoff clearly isn't taking his own advice. I'd rather pay 4 wrestlers who are being used well in teams than a couple of wrestlers with no direction. Tag team wrestling is just something different which can produce very good matches and feuds, and open up doors to angles.

Personally something I'd like to see from WWE is the tag division be moved exclusively to one brand, while the divas are moved to the other. Both the diva and tag divisions are not strong enough to be stretched across both brands, and it would help make the brands seem more unique.

EDIT: Bishoff told YOU?
    Bischoff isn't in charge of everything at TNA. That's storyline. And yeah, he told me. I don't think my meeting him is supposed to be confidential so I'll say we discussed some things, and that was a gem he offered about tag teams. Pardon the ego but I'm a wonderful writer. The part I'm not so great at is thinking business-wise. The money aspect never comes first in my mind. That's something I'm trying to learn.

EDIT: Bishoff told YOU?
    Bischoff told me too...in various interviews.

Shelton should have been retained imo. He's not amazing but even as a singles star he was fun and put on good matches with the right guys (mainly Christian).
    For someone like Shelton, he's been in the WWE for such a long time that there wasn't really any spark from him anymore. Everyone knows exactly what he can and can't do. He's stole the show in ladder matches, had a few midcard title reigns and has seen pushes come and go. There comes a time when just letting someone go when they've worn out all possibilities is the best idea. For every wrestler like Shelton that leaves, the WWE can bring up a new wrestler. It's disappointing to some degree, but it's a way of freshening things up. Not only for the WWE to inject some new blood in the midcard scene, but also for Shelton as he can now go to different companies and wrestle new wrestlers. Maybe in a few years he can return and feel fresh again.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Widmore View Post
    Bischoff told me too...in various interviews.
    He's much different in person.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I can't say it's the reason WWE's tag division is non-existent for certain, but Eric Bischoff told me recently "why pay four wrestlers when you can pay two?" I think in the grander scheme of things a tag division is important to the dichotomy of professional wrestling but you can't argue that if you can get away with doing it less, you save $$$.
    How much money could the WWE realistically be saving by not having a tag division? It's not like the WWE has been firing their tag teams to follow Bischoff's business tenet.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I didn't say they were, but it would make sense to unify the tag team championship and only give time / money to Miz and Big Show to reduce time and money spent on others. Reallocating resources is essential in business. I'm sure they're saving something.

grandma RKO'er.

Status

So far i think the WWE is doing a good job. Turning Orton face ( in a way ) really made me love watching RAW again. Because i got to say i loved Orton when he was face against Evolution. The only thing i do kinda wish they gotta keep the titles on some people longer. Its getting really annoying to see the titles go back and forth every month -____-

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

It doesn't help that a lot of WWE fans give mixed signals in what they want to see with the world titles and who holds them. With Cena it was an IWC massacre, everyone was so up in arms about him being booked as a super human behemoth who just couldn't be beaten. But then WWE tries to reverse that by having Cena get beat, but come back and reclaim the title several times, and we all know that's just annoying to have happen on PPV's because we know it's going to happen.

I definitely want to see a long reign. But now just with title wins, a great storyline to fall back on as well.

Oh, Lordy

Status
      Country                    us=United States

For me, the WWE is doing fine by its own agenda. It's bringing in guest hosts, it's really pushing its PG rating (although it has been breaking it alot more too), it's got NXT which is promising, and it's really putting over younger stars like Sheamus and Jack Swagger.

Personally, I would like the younger stars to be given time to develop effectively. They have the spotlight on them, they have the exposure, they just need their lines and some preparation before they can make a splash under that heated light-bulb. For Sheamus and Swagger, it seemed like they just yelled out a line that automatically made them the lead actor of a play despite not being realistically fit for the role.

As for tag teams, yeah they should be given time and whatnot however it isn't horrible. It isn't bringing the overall product down in my opinion. I personally don't want fifteen tag teams in the WWE, that's enough to over-saturate the division. Nor, do I want to have three tag teams. Eight is plenty enough. It's just getting those eight to pair up and wrestle each other with the titles in the mix to keep things interesting. Kill off the less successful ones and make new ones that may just even serve as a vehicle to put a single superstar over or to sustain their starpower.

Championship reigns wise, the "one month rule" is drastically reducing the value of the WWE belts. Sure, people argue that "it's just the WWE title" but when you have John Cena and Edge five title reigns away from tieing Ric Flair's once remarkable record of 16 World Title reigns, then you have a problem. It's like the WWE just tells their big stars that they'll get the belt each month just to satisfy their egos. Sure, they give some new face the belt but how about giving them perhaps a reign that last longer than three months? Make it more memorable and worthwhile instead of having them be champ and be involved in one feud and then have them drop the title to a predictable opponent and stop their momentum completely.

Thread Information