Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eve Torres

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Eve Torres

This past Monday we saw the sprightly Eve Torres take the divas title from the overly narcissistic French Canadian we all know (and some love) as Maryse, the match was short and simple - nothing too divergent from the usual single divas matches we get occasionally on Monday Night Raw. When in Europe, WWE likes to spice things up and throw out title changes and matches, especially with the women; one could say having Eve (who is the first girl to capture a title after winning the divas search) in this spot provides a fresher semblance to the Raw division. But in spite of her improvement, the fact remains that she's still notably shakey, and only gets a subordinate reaction because she's not notoriously over; which is slightly outlandish when you ponder the notion that she's gotten well over two years of TV time being babied, respective wins, a partnership with Cryme Time and more.

Albeit denying Eve's potential would be ludicrous, but I'm at the stance that she should have been bestowed more time to ameliorate herself in the ring and prosper some form of character before winning any title of any sort, and that's including the much contemptible butterfly belt. Maryse possibly being drafted in a few weeks may have caused Eve to be remitted with the aberrant win, or maybe WWE having a show UK provoked them to change title holders. For all we know, they could have bottled the title on her contemplating it will get the former backstage interviewer over, but I am sceptic as to whether even that will render results because of the lack of time, effort in storylines, etc the Raw divas get in the first place.

With all that said, Eve's still aspiring to be a serious competitor, she's attempting new things, taking risks, and I am happy for her. She's living proof that the WWE aren't set in orbiting their division and pushes with the same unchanging faces. One can only hope Melina returns with the remarkably bitchy heel persona she once had, and aids Eve in upping her game in a title feud because there's presently a menial amount of divas on Raw (bar Alicia and Gail, whom the WWE have seemingly turned a blind eye to or jobbed out in 2010) for Eve to work with.

So what's next for Eve? A continuation of her feud with Maryse? An advancement in her already lacking character? Primal thoughts on her winning the title?

Its Showtime!

Status

Re: Eve Torres

Personally I Don't Believe she is ready to hold the title when there are so many more deserving women on the roster now i understand wwe wanted to let someone new have the belt but why eve, why not let her train some more before putting the weight of a title on her shoulders.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Terrible decision. Unless she's wrestling a Diva I really care about, I don't really want to waste my time watching her in a match. Maryse is a much more credible champion and if anyone were to take the belt home I would have preferred Gail Kim or Alicia Fox. Why Eve? She had a fling with Chris Masters that she did ok with but other than that, I've seen nothing from her that's even remotely interesting.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

As I mentioned in another thread, it's been pretty apparent that the WWE saw something in the Eve given the fact that she's become increasingly more visible the last few months. I've got no problem with Eve holding that belt. She's been as hard-working in the ring as any other RAW Diva lately.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NovaRoad View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, it's been pretty apparent that the WWE saw something in the Eve given the fact that she's become increasingly more visible the last few months. I've got no problem with Eve holding that belt. She's been as hard-working in the ring as any other RAW Diva lately.
    In regards to everything besides in-ring performance, you mean?

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

No, I'm pretty sure I meant what I originally said. She may not be the best wrestler, but that doesn't mean she doesn't work hard in the ring. In regards to that, she's worked as hard as any other Diva on RAW. Unfortunately for the RAW Divas, they're booked 99% of the time to fight in retarded guest host gimmick matches that make all of them look stupid no matter how good they wrestle. Take those matches away, and you'll see that Eve has had as many, if not more, meaningful matches as any other Diva on RAW, and was made to look like she was up and coming in the process.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Well you said she's been as hard working in the ring as any other Diva and I don't think that's true at all. Far as I can tell the other divas have worked to improve from not knowing how to wrestle originally (unless they are born with it) to learning how to wrestle well. Maryse, Melina, Natalya, Gail Kim, and many others wrestle much better because of the hard work they have put in to become those wrestlers.

You could counter by saying that Eve hasn't been in the game that long, and then I'd counter by saying that she *may* go on to work as hard as the others to reach that level of quality but she hasn't yet. All the more reason she should not be a Champion.

Its Showtime!

Status

Another Reason why Guest Hosts need to be stopped I Will agree with Nova that Eve has worked as hard as any other diva on Raw which really is not saying much because of there actual in-ring performance none of the Raw divas are being treated fairly.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Point I'm making is that for all she's done so far she should be winning beauty pageants not championship belts. Oh hey look Melina agrees.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stevo22 View Post
    Well you said she's been as hard working in the ring as any other Diva and I don't think that's true at all. Far as I can tell the other divas have worked to improve from not knowing how to wrestle originally (unless they are born with it) to learning how to wrestle well. Maryse, Melina, Natalya, Gail Kim, and many others wrestle much better because of the hard work they have put in to become those wrestlers.

You could counter by saying that Eve hasn't been in the game that long, and then I'd counter by saying that she *may* go on to work as hard as the others to reach that level of quality but she hasn't yet. All the more reason she should not be a Champion.
    Valid points, but I'm speaking to the last 5 or 6 months, about the time that the WWE seemingly started investing more into Eve. What has Gail done in that time to prove to be more championship worthy than Eve? Not much, if anything at all. Natalya hasn't wrestled much, if at all, in that time, so she's more worthy than Eve? Maryse has a great character, and makes a great champion, but the only reason she's gotten more work in the time frame I'm speaking is because she was the champ. Can't say anything about Melina because she's been injured.

Oh, and Gail Kim has a character? Could've fooled me. I lumped her into the ever-increasing pool of characterless Divas.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Maybe you've already forgotten the Divas Championship tournament. I don't blame you, they pinballed the actual finals so many times I almost lost track. But yeah, Gail is SO much more worthy than Eve. Oh, and she can actually wrestle a great match. Eve isn't much of a character either, had Gail been booked into the exact same position she would have done just as well if not better. (Not the underdog role, but the same opportunities and Chris Masters' girl and such.)

Its Showtime!

Status

Personally The Last 4 matches i saw involving Gail she Botched badly in them

Status

I'm not even remotely interesting in Eve as Divas Champion or even as an in-ring competitor. She's meh IMO as far as her abilities in the ring and character. Maybe she'll prove me wrong but so far I'm unimpressed. I hope she does improve though as the Divas' division can use every great new fresh talent they can to keep it interesting. I'll let this play out to see how she does but hopefully if she bombs, Maryse will be Divas champ again before we know it.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

To the botch comment: Let Eve try to do anything remotely close to Gail's repertoire and let's talk about botches.

To the "Gail has a character?" comment: Blaming the wrestler for the booking/writing is silly.

Its Showtime!

Status

I Never Said That Eve doesn't Botch but In one of Gail's matches Not to far back she Botched a Big Boot come on now that should be one of the few moves that hardly anyone can botch

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stevo22 View Post
    To the botch comment: Let Eve try to do anything remotely close to Gail's repertoire and let's talk about botches.

To the "Gail has a character?" comment: Blaming the wrestler for the booking/writing is silly.
    Gail botches basic moves, so her repertoire really isn't a factor.

And I never blamed her for not having a character. You're the one that said she worked hard at her character, I'm just saying it doesn't show.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NovaRoad View Post
    Gail botches basic moves, so her repertoire really isn't a factor.

And I never blamed her for not having a character. You're the one that said she worked hard at her character, I'm just saying it doesn't show.
    Actually I'm not, I didn't say that. Only you did.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Sorry misread something you said earlier, but I'd like for you to point where exactly I said she didn't work hard at her character. I just said she was characterless, which doesn't speak at all to how hard she worked.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I meant I didn't say the thing about her working or not working hard on a character, you erroneously said I said it.

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Personally I Don't Believe she is ready to hold the title when there are so many more deserving women on the roster now i understand wwe wanted to let someone new have the belt but why eve, why not let her train some more before putting the weight of a title on her shoulders.
    See, rather than selecting Eve to adhere the title, why not Kelly Kelly? She's over, good looking, and capable of executing fancy flips that the crowds love to see. Granted she's sloppy, but Kelly deviates from Eve because she's popular, which is remarkable when you cogitate the fact all Kelly has done is smile and wave during her entrance. While her looks are a strong ingredient in her overness, the crowd are receptive to Kelly because she's a cute, lovable, underdog, whereas Eve can't rival that, instead she's made a habit of botching on incessant occasions. Additionally, I think this match on Superstars vs Gail Kim surmounts anything Eve has done; slightly wafted from my original point, but it reinforces the notion that perhaps Eve shouldn't have captured the title last week.

Thread Information