View Poll Results: Who is Better:

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jack Swagger

17 53.13%
  • Sheamus

15 46.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swagger vs Sheamus - Who is Superior?

Tommy Got Hacked

Swagger vs Sheamus - Who is Superior?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Swagger vs Sheamus - Who is Superior?

No worries about stepping on toes and such. Both are young and full of potential, but for me I find Sheamus to be more entertaining between the two. Sheamus looks he really loves doing what he does and I really like that about him. As far as Swagger is concerned, while I like him, there is just something about him to me that doesn't say, main event draw.

Not to poke fun of his lisp, but it kind of bugs me when he cuts promos. That, and the fact he just doesn't seem very natural on the mic, which I think is going to hurt him in the long run.

In the ring, Swagger is easily the better wrestler, no surprise there, but Sheamus does his style very well and definitely reminds me of a young HHH.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

I am actually just watching Raw from last week now as soon as I saw Swagger in the ring with his suit and belt I thought to myself "He just looks so not right with that title." Too me he is just not ready at all and we are seemingly supposed to believe it? I'm not so sure what the thinking is with giving Swagger the title at all. Seeing Sheamus win it was just extremely refreshing.

When I see the both of them I definetly see Sheamus and the more legitimate champion. He just have a big man feel to him with brute strength and such a unique look. As I write this he is pretty much finishing up what was essentially a squash of Kofi Kingston. Then he whales on him with a pipe. Real good heel mannerisms. No remorse, no fear. It's what made HHH so good as a young heel. You can see he is rubbing off on Sheamus.

Sheamus gets the mic and uses it to his advantage, Swagger stumbles on it.

I am really down on Swagger but kinda always have been. He is just the most generic, boring ass prototype with no charisma.

So I guess my answer is kinda obvious.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

There really should be a neither button for this poll...

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by foryourbraggin View Post
    There really should be a neither button for this poll...
    Agreed but if I have to choose I go always with the guy with actual wrestling ability. Swagger.

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status

Currently, Sheamus, definitely.

Swagger has lots of potential, a great background and a quality ECW run behind him which proves his ability, but as far as 2010 goes he probably isn't a top 20 WWE guy. I think he will step up in time as he finds his feet as a main eventer the same way Seamus did, but right now I can see why people say he looks out of place. The way he wrestled against Orton wasn't the way he won me over on ECW, and Orton totally overshadows him as far as presence goes.

Sheamus on the other hand has really grown and become one of the better dudes on the roster. Looks totally comfortable in the ring and has really developed his presence as physically intimidating. Look at the HHH match, over even his carryjob of Kofi last night where he made all of Kofi's half-blown, sloppy/weak offence look effective and then put a pretty good beatdown on him. Sheamus actually has me interested in a HHH match for the first time since 2005. I don't see how anyone can say Sheamus "can't wrestle" right now.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

i like them both a ton but I like swagger more just like his look and think he has more ability, Sheamus can def wrestle.....as to why some people would say that he can't wrestle it's simple they can't get passed that he got a world title reign to quickly and that he is a buddy of Triple H

WAKE UP

Status

Just watched Swagger vs Morrison, and while I don't regret voting for Sheamus, it's closer than I thought it was. Swagger looked great in that match, much closer to the way he wrestled as ECW champ.

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status

The Orton match was good but was pretty much all Orton.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Sheamus is far ahead of Swagger at this moment and Swagger is the one holding a world title.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

I find it hard to draw comparisons, only because I didn't catch either of their ECW stints and also because their respective rises to "championship" level were fairly different. Plus, they're both at different points in their top-card status, with Sheamus being a few months ahead of Jack. If I were to put Sheamus back to when he first won the WWE title and compare him to Swagger now, they're pretty even. Sheamus stumbled all over the mic in his first few promos and generally didn't have a big superstar feel to him, much like Swagger now.

If we're going strictly by who's better now, well Sheamus is the obvious choice. I'm really interested in seeing where Swagger's at 4 months from now. He'll more than likely have a transitional reign, but it really matters more what they do with him post-title. Will they build him like they did Sheamus and get him involved in a high profile feud and will that Superstar make Swagger look golden the way Triple H did Sheamus at WM? Will they give Swagger more mic time to get the experience so he can sound more natural like they gave Sheamus? I really only have high hopes and expectations for both guys as I think they're both relatively equal in potential.
    Last edited by NovaRoad; 04-13-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: grammar

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

People who say Sheamus can't wrestle, don't get the fact that a person doesn't have to be a technical wizard in the ring to be good at wrestling. There are so many different styles of wrestling, so therefore, there can be many different ways of being good at this sport.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Curtain Jerker

Status

I'm going with Jack Swagger. Sheamus is good as well but I feel Jack Swagger is better.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    I agree that Swagger may be better, but how does Sheamus have no actual wrestling ability? He's been pretty damn good whenever I've seen him, having good PPV matches with Orton and HHH in 2010.

Swagger may be a better wrestler though, but that said I think I'm going to go with Sheamus overall, mainly because his mic skills are a lot better and he's more unique in terms of his look/gimmick. Both of these guys have big futures if they're booked well though.
    I am not saying that I think Sheamus isnt entertaining but that is a far stretch from being able to wrestle. I thought it was to early to give Sheamus the title and I still do but he has gotten a lot bettter on the mic but any guy who usues punches and kicks has 60 - 70 percent of his moves I cannot say is a good wrestler. But as someone else said there are several different wrestling styles look at Austin he proved he was a great wrestler has Stunning Steve but as Stone cold he was much more entertaining and used a lot less of his wrestling ability and a lot more punches and kicks and became the most popular superstar ever. But with the strong booking of Sheamus to the weak booking of Swagger I think there setting swagger up to be mid card again within 3 - 4 months unless they give him a long title reign which i think is unlikely. So to sum up I pick Swagger because I go with the the in ring ability I can see but Sheamus will be around for many years to come and has proved he has improved drastically.

Tommy Got Hacked

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

I can't even believe this is up for discussion!

The All American American should overcome the worst nickname of all time to win this poll by a landslide. Sick of Irish people being disgraced by this Casper the Friendly Ghost lookalike

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2018 - 20/15/1 - 4th in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

On Vacation

Status

Sheamus vs. Swagger (Spoilers in Analysis)

Who do you guys think, as of now, who is a better present and future prospect out of Jack Swagger and Sheamus?

Ring Work

Swagger- Jack Swagger has a really high glass ceiling for his ring work for sure. He had that amazing Christian match early last year and a really good Raw match with John Cena. I dont think he has come close to being as good as he can and probably will be in his work, but he has had some pretty good TV matches post WM this year. His style lead to a lot of early praise, and is very flexible to who it can work with.

Sheamus- Sheamus on the bulid to and post WM has been pretty awesome in the ring. 3 months ago I would have said Swagger was the better 'wrestler' without hesitation. However Sheamus was really good/great in his squashes and semi contestable matches prior to Mania and his matches with HHH. He seams to be working at a higher rate of his potential at the moment to me.

Mic Skills

Swagger- It may seem a given that Swagger "sucks on the mic" since he has a speach impediment, but I could not disagree more. Swagger on SD this week showed just how great a dorky arrogant heel he could be. His stopping and starting in his promo to get the most heat was pretty great. His whole speech and mono tone fit so well into his character. That may be more to luck than Swaggers 'skill' but at the end of the day its the result that matters.

Sheamus- I think Sheamus is pretty great on the mic. His heel promos on Even Bourne and HHH were top notch. He seems very competent to deliver his lines and get his character over at the same time.

Heat

Swagger- Drew pretty mad heat on SD this weak, and with the character they are going with, I think he is going to continue to draw a great booing reaction. Really good at seeming dorky and unlikeably, and the crowd is starting/was starting to really get into it.

Sheamus- Close to Swagger. Didnt draw mad heat like Swagger on SD, but his has been much more consistent and regular. Can be contributed to his ability to put his character over and combination of good squashes and good promo work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have to say they are pretty even steven. They are so similar. Maybe not in style or character, but where their careers are now. I think Sheamus is currently better from the combination of elements listed, but Swagger has the potential to be the better ring worker.

I think personally SHeamus has the most potential of the two for longevity, but could be easily proven wrong depending on Swaggers quality in his Title run now.

Tommy Got Hacked

Thread Information