Thread: The Forgotten Man?

Tommy Got Hacked

The Forgotten Man?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Re: The Forgotten Man?

bland wrestler is bland

I think that the WWE thought he was alot more charismatic then he was....once he went babyface he just didn't have anything to excite fans...

Broadcast Journalist

Status

I'd hardly call him a forgotten man. He's in a good spot on SD and, as you said, even has a DVD on him. He's been in matches with world champions, and has even beaten Punk cleanly when he was the WHC. I think they're just positioning him as a credible fan favorite who can give some measure of credibility to the guys who pins him.

Being beaten by Swagger is a non-issue, imo. If Swagger had lost to JoMo tonight, I would have blown a gasket. Swagger needed a good win and Morrison provided it.

Status
      Country                    United States

Where's Randy Orton's DVD dammit?!

It's weird to see Morrison getting shuffled around like he has been. Like you said he seemed primed for main event status but then he got stuck with Truth in an awful tag team. I think mid-card is all that's in the cards for him and maybe that's best.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah, it is hard to tell, but it seems like the WWE like him enough to push him to the upper card but not main event. Being stuck with R-Truth is doing nothing for him, as I think most fans are sick of throw together tag teams.

I will agree that Morrison is a lot better as heel, he comes across more natural that way.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

John Morrison = Glorified Gymnast

He doesn't have an ounce of charisma in his entire body and he can't draw a crowd reaction that's anything more than a mild 2 second pop to save his life. His look is the only reason they haven't fired him yet.

And how the fuck does that hack already have a dvd and Chris fucking Jericho still doesn't? Not to mention Big Show and Orton (even though I don't like him). Atleast they have accomplished alot and are big stars. Morrison is nothing but a failure.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

When Morrison went face it looked good. His reaction was good and he had it in him to be a great face. His character didn't develop and now he's at a cross point with no where to go. Fans quickly losing interest.

It's sad.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I think WWE have suddenly noticed what most people did nearly a year ago, Morrison is a terrible face. With the all the heels that WWE have at the moment they probably feel they can't turn him right now, so he'll just tread water for the next couple of months.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SelfHighFive View Post
    John Morrison = Glorified Gymnast

He doesn't have an ounce of charisma in his entire body and he can't draw a crowd reaction that's anything more than a mild 2 second pop to save his life. His look is the only reason they haven't fired him yet.

And how the fuck does that hack already have a dvd and Chris fucking Jericho still doesn't? Not to mention Big Show and Orton (even though I don't like him). Atleast they have accomplished alot and are big stars. Morrison is nothing but a failure.
    While I agree, you're the same guy who said their was nothing good about Bourne so <.<

But yeah, Morrison is either being stopped/started, or he's being tested to see if he remains hard working (unlike Carlito, supposedly) and makes sure he'll be their through thick and thin. I still would like to see him pushed, even if just in a multi man main event or as a challenger to a heel and losing. I'm not huge on the guy, as his promos aren't good and he usually wrestles the same match, but he was pretty damn over for awhile and was something different.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

I wouldn't call him forgotten. Mike Knox is forgotten, as well as any other superstar that only appears on Superstars these days. Two weeks removed from Wrestlemania and right around the corner from the draft and another PPV that seems to be booked as tying up Mania's loose ends so far, perhaps his push was put on hold until this other fluff dies down.

Not for nothing, but the WWE must see something in him to be one of the guys to come out and say that Swagger wasn't a real champion. That puts him in good company, imo, seeing as how Cena, Edge, and Jericho were the others to do that as well. They could've been laying the groundwork for a Swagger/Morrison feud, and with Swagger's propelled upper card status, works out well for Morrison.

I don't really read in too much about the DVD either. Clearly, he's got a great physique and in the ads for the DVD, they tout his unique parkour training regimen. Parkour's got a bit of a fad-like "in" factor about it lately, so why not use that to push some merchandise?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I really liked Morrisons comeback when Swagger put him in his place on friday. Swagger said that the only reason Morrison was where he was in the company is because he rode Miz's coattails to get there. His Epic response was "That might be true but at least I dont have a speech impediment." Damn he's good.

Straight Edge Junkie

Status

John Morrison is good. He's gimmick is a little iffy, most certainly, better as heel, but meh. And judging what happened on Smackdown, him facing Swagger was good imo, because if Swagger would've lose, that wouldn't prove sh** for SWagger being World Champion. Atleast he was in the spotlight, with the champion.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

I don't think his push has stalled at all. We're a few weeks away from the draft, and WWE are busy tying up any loose ends from 'mania.

If he drops off after the draft, then yes, either WWE are depushing him, or they are testing him to see if he still works hard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    If he drops off after the draft, then yes, either WWE are depushing him, or they are testing him to see if he still works hard.
    This is a good point. Morrison's push with the IC title came just a few months before 2010 began. Had Edge not been able to come back at the Royal Rumble, it's possible that Morrison would have received his push. In fact, the push that seemed likely due to the release of the DVD may have been the WWE's backup plan for Wrestlemania. It's not the first time they had someone else waiting on the bench to fill in for the main event if the original person fell through. Once 2010 began, it was all about building towards Wrestlemania. There wasn't room for Morrison in a major match, so they really just had to kill time with him. The unusual booking of making sure that he would be on Wrestlemania with the tag team match could be a sign that the WWE still has their eyes on him.

If he's still in the same spot by Summerslam, then his push was forgotten.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Who cares? He needs a believable finisher and is not a very entertaining personality.
    Too many years of staring at himself in the mirror have made him devoid of personality.
    Morrison is apparently Janetty.

Thread Information