Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Stoppage (Spoilers)

On Vacation

Status

Blood Stoppage (Spoilers)

So, we are all pretty much aware of the 'no blood rule' of the WWE. Unitl now in the unfortunate event of a wrestler bleeding the hard way (where they get cut open by a stiff move, not by blading) for the few of you who dont know, the trainers have come in and tried to get the blood, kind of as the match continues. It happened in Cena and Ortons Iron Man Match, and most recently, in the Undertaker and Rey Mysterio Title Match as the RR.

Well thats all changed. Just caught the start of Smackdown, and apparently, any sign of blood from a wrestler now, the match is stopped, while the referee and trainer/ringside guy wipe the blood away and clean the cut. And yes I am serious. Im not talking serious blood here either. This was in the Morrison v Swagger match, Swagger gets cut and is bleeding maybe 3 drops, the match is stopped, the ref calls for a towel, and maybe a glove, to adress the 'wound'

Anyway, that looks like the new route the blood policy is taking. And incase you were wondering, yes it killed the match and the crowd.

Re: Blood Stoppage (Spoilers)

How did things change? They stopped the Cena and Orton match and Christian and Shelton match to take care of the blood.

I can understand the blood stopping in the WWE and I'm fine with it. I'm also okay if someone is accidentally cut open badly (I'm talking about an accidental Guerrero Judgment Day blading) or if the wrestlers are planning on heading out into the fans later on in the match. In those events, stopping the match is fine. However, if there's not a lot of blood, don't bother stopping the match. I can remember being disgusted by this happening on ECW during the Shelton/Archer match (Last show I believe?) It's getting to the point where they're too over protective and all they're doing is hurting the fans interest in the match.

It's this kind of behavior that I can almost understand TNA's decision to have multiple bladers per show. The mainstream companies are a mess right now with blood. One is incredibly over protective while the other one buys blades in bulk at Costco for every taping.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

TNA has the theory adding as much blood per possible ass to shows. If WWE doesn't have it some how the fans want to see it. That's Hulk Hogans entire business plan.

Blading's something I don't really care either way for. If they're gonna pull out the trainers every time there's 3 drops on the floor it needs to stop.

On Vacation

Status

Swagger had so little blood I didnt notice it till they held it up. But I wasnt watching closely. I do hope TNA doesnt take this as a sign and make a 'whoever bleeds most wins match'

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

GSP! GSP! GSP!

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Well people like Batista in his match against Kofi on Smackdown a month ago or Taker at the Rumble just dodged the trainer altogether. It was funny as they went over to clean batista up and he pushed them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    It didn't hurt the Ironman that much though.
    Being an hour long, they had time to get the heat back for the match. Imagine had it happened with 5 minutes to go?

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I can understand stopping a match if someone has a HUGE gash that won't stop bleeding but the shit they stop for is rediculous. They might aswell run out with a Barbie band-aid for these wittle boo boos.

Tommy Got Hacked

Its Showtime!

Status

Ol' Vince has finally lost his damn mind

Tommy Got Hacked

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

I'd hate it if it totally kills the flow of the match. Action packed, fast paced, and then suddenly they have to stop to mop up some blood? Ugh.

AWESOM-O

Covered in Blood

Status

Bah gawd, can't show that disgusting, disgusting red stuff on TV! It might remind fans at home that they also have that disgusting red stuff flowing through their bodies, and that might make them sympathetic for the wrestler that's bleeding! No, no no, can't have that! Even if it totally fucks up the heat of the match, we can't depict something that vile!

(I don't need blading, I just don't want mid-match stops to wipe up a little cut like it's the fucking Women's Pillow Fighting League (I wonder if that's an actual league. Hmm...))

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Get rid of blading, fine! But don't destroy a match over accidental nothingness as was the case on Friday. If a guy is gushing blood from an accidental shot, then fine, clean him up, but not when they are barely bleeding. Way to wreck flow and interest, WWE!
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Straight Edge Junkie

Status

Blood Stoppage? LMAO. Wow

Oh, Lordy

Status

I agree with what has already been said in this topic, don't mind in general, do mind if kills heat or is deemed "stupid".

Established Veteran

Status

Hate this thing. They should let the wrestlers keep going. If it was a crazy amount of blood then okay but just 3 drops no, let them fight.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

didn't really care to be honest, even though some may say it breaks the flow others could argue it adds a bit of suspense, either way I can live with it.
    Last edited by TrueBlue; 04-11-2010 at 07:47 PM.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I don't think a match should be stopped unless a wrestler requests it or they're at like .5 muta.

That said, is there any possibility this is PG-related? I was under the impression that this was the case.

Oh, Lordy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stevo22 View Post
    I don't think a match should be stopped unless a wrestler requests it or they're at like .5 muta.

That said, is there any possibility this is PG-related? I was under the impression that this was the case.
    That's my guess, either that or they're helping push Linda McMahon's campaign by emphasizing and embracing their PG environment. I mean they banned chair shots to the head (I'm not sure if it's protected or unprotected or both) and they're also doing the no blood/blading thing.

Thread Information