Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's left for the Deadman?

Tommy Got Hacked

So what's left for the Deadman?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

Re: So what's left for the Deadman?

I'd like to see a big finish against John Cena at Wrestlemania 27. They could play off that sign Shawn Michaels made before he got tombstoned.

Firefly Fun House

Status

I am pretty sure they aren't gonna end his streak and he will retire...I would imagine at 20-0 seems like a good mark to call it quits on

Ole!

Status

I can still see him doing quite a bit, wouldn't mind some feuds with Swagger and Sheamus.

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Taker retiring at Wrestlemania 28 seems like the most ostensible option at the moment. There's not much else left for Taker to do, he's done essentially everything, and he's never really needed a World Title to come across as the top dog on any brand he's on. It's just the aura of the character he portrays. He's always seemed epic and legendary. He doesn't need a flashy weight belt to tell us this so getting another reign doesn't seem like much of a requirement before he retires. A viable option would be a feud with John Cena, and call it a day at 20 - 0. What does he do in the mean time though? Two years is a long time to fill, fortunately Taker wrestling on the special occasion isn't all that bad. Few guys come into wrestling with a gimmick so out there and manage to maintain steam. He's one of those guys who seems more content with putting people over and making names than tearing people down for his own benefit. Look at every young face in the main event, most of their careers benefited greatly due to an encounter with the Dead Man. I remember one of Cena's first big feuds was against Taker, even Orton had some great bouts with him, and many would say Edge's brushes with him solidified his spot in the main event as a worthy champion. Taker can do this again. Give Punk another feud with him, allow Taker to present him with another rub, their feud last time left me craving more. Punk vs Taker at Wrestlemania 27, and Cena vs Taker at Wrestlemania 28, that's all I want to see. I get that there's DiBiase, Shaemus, etc, but in all sincerity, I wouldn't be too bothered if we didn't get those matches/feuds. The only question I have at this moment in time, is how exactly do you retire someone like The Undertaker? I ponder that more than anything else really.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Tbh theres only two more people i want to see him face at Mania. Jericho & Cena. Wouldn't mind he facing Cena at Mania 28 and retiring at 20-0.

Tommy Got Hacked

People's Champion

Status

I can totally see WWE doing Jericho/Taker, but Jericho has alot of HBK feel. So i am not sure if can be a WM Angle.

I cant see Swagge/Taker.

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

I see Sheamus getting the rub at WM 27 facing Taker as the monstrous heel trying to do what no one else has done before beat the Undertaker yadda yadda yadda and ultimately coming up short while still looking good.

And as for WM 28 like everyone else has said have the epic battle between Cena/Taker presumably his last match winning and going out 20-0

Status

If Undertaker retires with that ridiculous streak, I'll lose all faith in the WWE. SOMEONE, I don't really care who at this point needs the rub of ending his streak. Ideally it should be someone up and coming but I don't care about that as much anymore. The IWC was all over the fact HBK shouldn't win his last match so Undertaker should win his last Wrestlemania either IMO.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Tommy Got Hacked

Status

I'd almost want to slap you for suggesting Cena end the streak but you've got a brilliant idea. If Cena ended the streak which I actually hate more than Cena and he turned heel, I could see myself seriously marking out for Cena for the first time in seven years. It would be a major win for WWE IMO. I hope they go that route.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    I personally think that the main appeal of an Undertaker/Jericho Wrestlemania match was that they had NEVER faced in a one on one match of any kind in WWE. Now that they have faced each other on Smackdown, I don't think it would have the same feel. Obviously that sounds like a very minor criticism considering it will have been over a year since they faced, and it wasn't on PPV, but as a match, I just don't think it would be that great, partly because I would never buy into the idea of Chris Jericho ending the streak.

Obviously Undertaker vs John Cena is a match I have wanted to see for a long time. It would just be perfect for that match to happen at Wrestlemania, either next year or the following year. The match itself would be phenomenal, the atmosphere would be off the charts and I would certainly buy into the possibility of Cena winning. In my dream scenario, Cena would end the streak by cheating and therefore turning heel, but seeing as that isn't realistic, Undertaker defeating Cena would be fine. We just NEED to see this match, and hopefully Undertaker remains in decent shape so the match can meet or even exceed expectations. I think it would be a huge opportunity missed if WWE didn't do this match. It is surely the biggest match left at this stage, and would be a huge waste if they didn't do it.
    Yeah i am kinda annoy they gave it away like that I mean if they never done the match at all it could of been a great storyline for this years Mania or even next years. Jericho coming out and claiming to do what "His Idol" HBK couldn't do and beat Taker at Mania. Then again they could still run with that idea for this year. Wouldn't mind seeing it at all.

As For Cena/ Taker it pretty much has to happen before Taker retires. It's pretty much the last big match he has yet to do at Mania and it would be the perfect match for him to sign out on. I really hope the WWE decide to go with it. Hopefully for Taker's 20-0 Match.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Well maybe for 19-0 they should have Orton bring back the Legend Killer gimmick for a bit so he can beat up whoever is getting into the hall of fame leading up to mania to have his shot at ending the legendary Undertakers streak

Status

I'd only want that if he actually beat the Undertaker. Orton doesn't need two losses to the dead man.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

On Vacation

Status

Didnt seem to hurt Shawn

Tommy Got Hacked

Status

It did IMO.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Daniel Bryan taps out the streak of the Deadman at Mania 27 for REVENGE~! for HBK. /Ends thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    It wouldn't hurt him, it's more that it's just boring to do the same match twice without good reason. HBK vs Taker happening twice was only acceptable because the career stip was added, making it very different to the first match with a lot more at stake and big consequences should Shawn lose again. Having Orton try to end the streak and lose again would just be repetitive.
    Then give him the belt or something dumb like that. At least its not 2 years in a row and I dont see anyone else other than Cena who could believably end the streak.

Thread Information