Thread: Cryme Tyme Breakup: Do you care?

Tommy Got Hacked

Cryme Tyme Breakup: Do you care?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Cryme Tyme Breakup: Do you care?

I'd care more if they actually built to it, however I am intrigued by what they do with Shad and JTG. JTG is clearly better but smaller, so I'm hoping he doesn't get buried.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

i love moms

Status

Yeah, I care. I've thought for a while that JTG has a lot of talent. And Shad has improved a lot over the years. I hope they both get as far away from the Cryme Tyme gimmick as possible, which it seems Shad is doing.

I wouldn't mind seeing either of them(preferably JTG) as a top midcarder at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lghikas View Post
    I basically live out my internet life to gain Jake's approval.
    [10:54 PM] Yeezus: these bitches love Jake, hit em with that cobra now that boy slumped ova

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

My main care is that this is another blow against an already failing tag team division. I think Cryme Tyme was certainly capable of doing more, but it wasn't in the cards, so this was probably for the best. I like both guys, JTG more, and I could get behind them in a singles push easily, especially now with all the post-WM shaking up that's going on.

I'm back.

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

I care in the sense that it's another tag team gone and probably wont be replaced. Cryme Tyme were never going to be tag team champions but it's looking like Hart Dynasty will get drafted to Raw, so in theory you could have had Cryme Tyme building up the Dudebusters on Smackdown, making them credible heels in the process.

But what's really going to come of this break up? A one maybe two PPV length clique ridden tag team break up feud? I could even see the feud ending at Extreme Rules with one of the two guys getting drafted to Raw, most likely Shad. But what are these two guys going to do in singles competition? Shad will never be more than a mid-carder, JTG has the potential to put on decent matches and getting fairly over with the fans but he's not going to be anything more than a mid-carder either in my opinion.

It just seems like a pointless break up which will see at least one of them released by the end of the year.

Status

I care, but then I don't. Both guys are kind of decent, I've just never liked their whole gimmick. Depending on where they go with this will determine if I care further.

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

It was a shocker, for me to see. Not the kind of shocker as in "OMG what is he doing to JTG," but more along the lines of "Holy shit they're actually going to have Shad turn on JTG right now?"

It's too early to give my 2 cents on whether I care about this or not. I'd like to see what type of situation this whole thing is going to evolve into before writing it off.

Firefly Fun House

Status

get Shad a manager and he may be a pretty big heel

Intercontinental Champion

Status

One less teg team in the company, what a shame. It'll be interesting though to see how they play it out but I can't say I'd care if I didn't find out what happens.

Status

I've never cared about Cryme Tyme so this break out means nothing to me but I will say Chad looked incredibly believable with his intensity. If they build him into a monster heel, I could see myself caring a lot for him later on.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

I always hated the gimmick of Cryme-Tyme as the stereotypical black gangsta tag team. I care about this because it seems like they're throwing that image straight into the shit can.

Just seeing Shad being serious, with a completely different demeanor than the fun-loving 'money-money' hoodlum is more refreshing to me than I can describe. I'm looking forward to seeing 'the rest of the story' on the break up. Matt Striker suggested that this split may have been coming on for years, and that's how I hope they go with this story.

Maybe Shad just got fed up playing to the stereotype and wanted to be himself a little more, but JTG wanted to keep on making that money-money (yeah, yeah). So, he decided to slack off during their last tag match and got himself pinned in about 50 seconds. When JTG got in his face about it, Shad snapped on him. That beatdown, to me, looked like weeks, if not months, of frustration coming out. Then, during his promo, he said, "This is MY time". He even cut his promo without the ghetto accent, which makes me think even more that the whole image was (kayfabe) put-on.

If they write this story the way I hope, it will probably end up being the best thing I've seen from Shad and JTG.

Rise Above All!

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Shad looked good in his short promo. If he can keep that intensity, I see nothing but big things from him.

Not sure what to think about JTG yet. I'll have to catch next Smackdown and see what he has to say.
    Last edited by Semaj; 04-04-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Didn't proofread it

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

I saw some potential in Shad's post attack promo, so I hope he can keep that intensity up.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I don't understand it. I had secretly hoped JTG would be "saved" by the Straight Edge Society, leaving Shad as the face, but whatever. I guess WWE is big enough for both Shad Gaspard and Ezekiel Jackson to play the same character.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I liked Cryme Tyme when they first debuted, but they kind of fell off after they returned that one time, and I could only see them face the Hart Dynasty on Smackdown so many times.

They were one of the few legit tag teams left but they weren't really doing anything, so it's a good thing to see them split up, but at first I thought it was going to be JTG who was going to turn on Shad.

I just have this sinking feeling though they'll be seeing their future endeavors soon, I hope I'm wrong though because I would like to see how this will all play out.

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I don't really care. They have always been a comical tag team, never were to be taken seriously. It's for the best.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Meh... They had a decent run as a tag team but they had nothing left to really offer as a tag team. It'll be interesting to see where both men go from here now.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    I care only in the sense that finally it seems like a redundant negative stereotype pertaining to black people is finally over. Why does it seem like every time a black person has to dress like a thug gangsta and play this retarded role? It was clear they were never going to make them tag champs because they are poor role models in a PG era WWE. So what was the fucking point?

To beat a dead horse with a stick.

Black guys who commit crime, dress like thug gangstas, and act like totally unmannered idiots on tv, yeah...good job WWE. What's next? Tatsu can't drive a car and is really good with computers and math angles?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    get Shad a manager and he may be a pretty big heel
    As soon as fixes up those man boobs that were bouncing everywhere during his JTG beatdown.
    Last edited by Jim; 04-05-2010 at 06:57 PM.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stevo22 View Post
    I don't understand it. I had secretly hoped JTG would be "saved" by the Straight Edge Society, leaving Shad as the face, but whatever. I guess WWE is big enough for both Shad Gaspard and Ezekiel Jackson to play the same character.
    See now, that, I can get on board with.

I've long been a support of Cryme Tyme staying a tag team. While I'm not saying they were great, nor that their gimmick didn't need a good tweek here and there, they were a whole greater than the parts, and each made up for what the other lacked.

That said, in fantasy world, my friends and I had talked about the possibility (read: certainty) of this happening, and it was universally agreed upon, that as Shad was the better talker of the two, he should take the face role, and JTG, as the more annoying one, be the cocky and brash heel. I get that the big man as the face versus the smaller heel with the spotty moveset isn't the norm, but I truly believe it would've worked better that way.

As things are, I see Shad getting future endevoured due to being a smaller Ezekiel Jackson, and JTG forming a tag team with Slam Master J to be used as enhancement for Croft and Berreta. I hope that isn't the case and this feud gets time, and a slot on the Extreme Rules PPV, but I highly doubt it.

It's just another sign that WWE is clueless when it comes to tag team wrestling.

Thread Information