View Poll Results: WWE 2009 or WWE 2010?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • WWE 2009

2 25.00%
  • WWE 2010

6 75.00%

Thread: WWE January-April 2009 vs. 2010

Sweet Meat

Status

WWE January-April 2009 vs. 2010

I figured this could be a cool thing to do in different periods of the year. Basically, did you prefer WWE from January-April in 2009 or from the same period in 2010? This includes regular television and PPVs. Your overall impressions?

WWE 2009

WWE Royal Rumble 2009

Dark - Jimmy Wang Yang defeated Paul Burchill - Singles match
    1 - Jack Swagger (c) defeated Matt Hardy - Singles match for the ECW Championship 10:27
    2 - Melina defeated Beth Phoenix (c) (with Santino Marella) - Singles match for the WWE Women's Championship 5:56
    3 - John Cena (c) defeated John "Bradshaw" Layfield (with Shawn Michaels) - Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship 15:25
    4 - Edge (with Chavo Guerrero) defeated Jeff Hardy (c) - No Disqualification match for the WWE Championship 19:21
    5 - Randy Orton last eliminated Triple H to win. - 2009 Royal Rumble match 58:37

WWE No Way Out 2009

Dark - Melina (c) defeated Beth Phoenix - Singles match for the WWE Women's Championship N/A
    1 - Triple H defeated Edge (c), The Undertaker, The Big Show, Jeff Hardy, and Vladimir Kozlov - Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship 35:55
    2 - Randy Orton defeated Shane McMahon - No Holds Barred match 18:16
    3 - Jack Swagger (c) defeated Finlay (with Hornswoggle) - Singles match for the ECW Championship 07:53
    4 - Shawn Michaels defeated John "Bradshaw" Layfield - Singles match; If JBL had won, he would have become the owner of Michaels' name and likeness. 13:17
    5 - Edge defeated John Cena (c), Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Mike Knox, and Kane - Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship. 29:46

WWE Wrestlemania 25

Dark - The Colóns (Carlito and Primo) defeated John Morrison and The Miz - Lumberjack match to unify the WWE Tag Team Championship and World Tag Team Championship 08:20
    1 - CM Punk defeated Kane, Mark Henry (with Tony Atlas), Montel Vontavious Porter, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, Christian and Finlay (with Hornswoggle) - Money in the Bank ladder match 14:24
    2 - Santina Marella won by last eliminating Beth Phoenix and Melina. - 25-Diva battle royal to crown "Miss WrestleMania" 05:57
    3 - Chris Jericho defeated Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka (with Ric Flair) - Handicap elimination match 08:23
    4 - Matt Hardy defeated Jeff Hardy - Extreme Rules match 13:13
    5 - Rey Mysterio defeated John "Bradshaw" Layfield (c) - Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship 00:21
    6 - The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels - Singles match 30:41
    7 - John Cena defeated Edge (c) and The Big Show - Triple Threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship 14:21
    8 - Triple H (c) defeated Randy Orton - Singles match for the WWE Championship 23:34

WWE 2010

WWE Royal Rumble 2010

Dark - Gail Kim, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, and The Bella Twins (Nikki and Brie) defeated Maryse, Katie Lea Burchill, Jillian Hall, Alicia Fox, and Natalya - 10-Diva tag team match N/A
    1 - Christian (c) defeated Ezekiel Jackson (with William Regal) - Singles match for the ECW Championship 11:59
    2 - The Miz (c) defeated Montel Vontavious Porter - Singles match for the WWE United States Championship 07:30
    3 - Sheamus (c) defeated Randy Orton by disqualification - Singles match for the WWE Championship 13:24
    4 - Mickie James defeated Michelle McCool (c) - Singles match for the WWE Women's Championship 00:20
    5 - The Undertaker (c) defeated Rey Mysterio - Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship 11:07
    6 - Edge last eliminated John Cena to win - 2010 Royal Rumble match 49:24

WWE Elimination Chamber

Dark - Christian defeated Ezekiel Jackson - Singles match N/A
    1 - John Cena defeated Sheamus (c), Triple H, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase and Kofi Kingston - Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship 33:22
    2 - Batista defeated John Cena (c) - Singles match for the WWE Championship 00:31
    3 - Drew McIntyre (c) defeated Kane - Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship 10:16
    4 - Team LayCool (Michelle McCool and Layla) defeated Maryse and Gail Kim - Tag team match 03:36
    5 - The Miz (c) (with The Big Show) defeated Montel Vontavious Porter (with Mark Henry) - Singles match for the WWE United States Championship 13:01
    6 - Chris Jericho defeated The Undertaker (c), John Morrison, R-Truth, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio - Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship 35:36

WWE Wrestlemania 26

Dark - Yoshi Tatsu won by last eliminating Zack Ryder - 26-man battle royal
    1 - ShoMiz (The Big Show and The Miz) (c) defeated John Morrison and R-Truth - Tag team match for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship 3:23
    2 - Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase - Triple Threat match 9:02
    3 - Jack Swagger defeated Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, Drew McIntyre, Christian, Montel Vontavious Porter, Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston and Kane - Money in the Bank ladder match 13:44
    4 - Triple H defeated Sheamus - Singles match 12:17
    5 - Rey Mysterio defeated CM Punk (with Luke Gallows and Serena) - Singles match; if Punk had won, Mysterio would have had to join the Straight Edge Society 6:30
    6 - Bret Hart defeated Vince McMahon - No Holds Barred Lumberjack Match 11:09
    7 - Chris Jericho (c) defeated Edge - Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship 15:47
    8 - Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero defeated Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix - 10-Diva tag team match 3:19
    9 - John Cena defeated Batista (c) - Singles match for the WWE Championship 13:30
    10 - The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels - No disqualification, no count-out retirement match
    (Undertaker's undefeated streak vs. Michaels' career) 24:06

There are the big PPVs of the first few months from both years. Compare, contrast, etc. What did you prefer overall? Which year pushed some of the best young talent? Which year had the most compelling angles? So on and so forth.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: WWE January-April 2009 vs. 2010

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Melina vs. Beth @ RR 2009 wasn't a dark match.

I prefer WWE's product in 2010, for one reason. Both time periods were enjoyable for me, but in early 2009, WWE was still trying to get into the groove of change and establishing different superstars. Whereas 2010's product has been smoother. That's just how I see it. 2009 had a lot of awkward feuds and so many "water testings" with superstars that flopped.

I like this time in WWE especially because I find myself not getting bored with WWE as I was starting to back in mid 2009.

Tommy Got Hacked

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    Where does it say it was? The No Way Out one was the dark match.
    Read it wrong.

Was the dark match good? They've had some pretty good encounters in the past. Like RR '09. That match had just as much shock shock value than the rest of the PPV's matches.

Tommy Got Hacked

Sweet Meat

Status

2010 for me wins without a doubt. It seems like they'll definitely win for the period after Mania as WWE is looking great.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information