Thread: Disco Inferno

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Disco Inferno

Any reason why when WWE acquired WCW that Disco Inferno never made an appearance in WWE? Attitude era aside I thought his gimmick was somewhat entertaining and he wasn't bad in the ring. I think his character would be fun and entertaining in a PG era although he is rather old now at 41. I think WWE would have made him a huge star with his dancing fool on the way to the ring routine.

Re: Disco Inferno

I wasn't aware that he was part of the buyout. If he was, he probably just fell through the cracks. The WWE had such a huge roster at that point and was still looking at possibly bringing in a few more ECW guys, that even good wrestlers (Not that I would say Disco was one) didn't make it. I believe it was July 2001 or so that the WWE had a huge layoff of workers. This included main roster workers (R-Truth), wrestlers from WCW that were included in the buyout (Kaz Hayashi) and regular developmental guys. With so many options for Vince McMahon to choose to be on his roster, why pick a lowcard joke from WCW when you had your own lowcard jokes?

Status
      Country                    United States

If I'm wrong about this then correct me, but isn't Glen Gilbertti really stuck up & high on himself? I remember reading a bunch of interviews with him where he just seemed to talk trash on everyone(other promotions, bookers, and even fans), all while putting himself up on a pedestal. Making it sound like he was one of the all time greats if not the greatest wrestler ever.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    If I'm wrong about this then correct me, but isn't Glen Gilbertti really stuck up & high on himself? I remember reading a bunch of interviews with him where he just seemed to talk trash on everyone(other promotions, bookers, and even fans), all while putting himself up on a pedestal. Making it sound like he was one of the all time greats if not the greatest wrestler ever.
    aren't they all?

Yooooo Mang

Status

I always liked Disco....his stuff with Hall when he was trying to get into the nWo was priceless....he was a decent worker who just had a shitbag gimmick....he & Ernest Miller were two of my favorite "jokes" from the later years of WCW

Status
      Country                    United States

That was priceless... how could WWE not want him? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrU4xUQmYAg

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Mrs. Giant

Status
    one girl, i drove through 3 states wearing her head as a hat

I miss Big Show with hair.
    I do not miss Disco Inferno at all. Or WCW's crappy floor mats with flame details.

Established Veteran

Status

Disco was pretty cool. I wish that WWE had him on the Roster after the buyout, but WWE mainly just took bigger stars.

Thread Information