Thread: Sheamus > McIntyre

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Sheamus > McIntyre

IMO Sheamus has a hell of a lot more potential than McIntyre. Both guys pretty much can have a lot more training to do in the charisma department, but, Sheamus improves in his promos every time he cuts a new one. McIntyre on the other hand is a mess tbh.

Who do you prefer? Why?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Sheamus > McIntyre

I'm not a Sheamus hater by any means but right now I'm more into McIntyre's stoic chosen one gimmick.

Ratchet

Status

McIntyre has a better entrance theme, other than that he seems like every other rookie heel.

I'll agree though Sheamus has impressed me more and more as the weeks have gone by making him seem more legit for the main event scene on RAW

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Everything McIntyre is doing now is pretty weak imo. He doesn't sell what he's suppose to be worth in WWE. He just doesn't make it believable that Vince himself has chosen him. And he hasn't shown signs of improvement. His theme song is pretty badass though.

Sheamus had a pretty damn good showing at WrestleMania. It was either HHH's great selling to his moves or Sheamus is just learning the tools of the trade.

Status

I'm not that into either guy. But between the two I like Drew more. Right off the bat, I like his style better. I like that he a more methodical/technical style versus being a brawler.

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

That's funny, because I like Sheamus more because of his brawler/fighter style versus McIntyre's hold for hold style. It's all apart of his gimmick. Touch Irishmen, Celtic warrior guy who's fucking built like a linebacker.

IMO Drew is too big and fit to be so sloppy in the ring. Another reason why I prefer Sheamus over him.

Status

I guess I'm just a hold for hold kind of guy. I also like Drew's promo's & his whole shtick with wearing a suit & looking like a young HHH.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Prime View Post
    IMO Sheamus has a hell of a lot more potential than McIntyre. Both guys pretty much can have a lot more training to do in the charisma department, but, Sheamus improves in his promos every time he cuts a new one. McIntyre on the other hand is a mess tbh.

Who do you prefer? Why?
    The one thing Sheamus has over McIntyre, and the rest of the roster for that matter, is his look. He's basically the gigantic Irish ginger that you do not fuck with. His pale, freckled skin and bright, red hair sets him apart from everyone else. It also helps that his offense looks great. His size and his intensity on offense makes him credible, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Prime View Post
    Everything McIntyre is doing now is pretty weak imo. He doesn't sell what he's suppose to be worth in WWE. He just doesn't make it believable that Vince himself has chosen him. And he hasn't shown signs of improvement. His theme song is pretty badass though.
    This is precisely the reason I can't get behind McIntyre at all (even though his ring music is now running through my head). He was booked into the MitB match at Mania on the heels of a manufactured "undefeated streak". Exactly what did he bring to the MitB match?

As for his ring style, it seems like he's trying waaaaaay too hard to be a heel Randy Orton. Everything from his brooding ring music, his slow walk to the ring, and his slow, methodical ring style tells me he loves some Orton cock.

This guy has charisma, he has a great look, and has shown some competence on the mic, but he really needs to break out and try to do his own thing. That's the one MAJOR thing I can say for Sheamus that I can't say for McIntyre.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I think Sheamus is leaps and bounds better for all the reasons listed but most of all his boot to the head just looks fuckin brutal most of the time....he really looks like he could make someone's brain scramble from that thing.......but I do see them as a tag team down the road like in a year or two

Squash Fodder

Status

I much prefer Sheamus over the Debonaire Destroyer, I mean Drew McIntyre. Sheamus not only seems like a student of how to be a great wrestler, but a student of how to be a star in wrestling. He has the presence to make himself seem like a main eventer whether it be his genetic differences or his in ring nuances and mic work.

Mc Intyre seems much the same, but like someone else said he seems like he is doing it much too " on the job " for me. Sheamus seems like he knows the nuances of how to look like an alpha male so well that they just happen. Drew tries to be that guy. Movewise, I like his style, his execution lacks slightly except for his DDT which he does perfectly for me. On the mic/look wise, as I nicknamed him the Debonaire Destroyer is simply it. I think a gimmick somewhere between 007 and a member of Evolution/4 horseman would be ideal for him. He has the perfect look to be suave and cunning especially with that smirk it may be so utterly sneaky and hatable people learn to love it.

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

they both could be greats imo, but there's plenty of room for improvement in both. i haven't seen SD for a fair while now, but would i be right in thinking that drew hasn't had the same calibre of opponents as sheamus recently? would/should that make a difference?

Status

Whatever they're doing with Drew right now hasn't been helping things any. Him basically losing several matches that "didn't count" then skimping his way into MITB, not really doing anything in the match, has really put a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I know I expected more out of him.

WAKE UP

Status

How the hell is Drew's style "hold for hold"???

Drew is pretty awful and the only things he has going for him is the intriguing way he's booked and his cool entrance. Seamus is way better in the ring and stands out a lot more. He had a good match with HHH in 2010.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

McIntyre has been given a gimmick that makes you pay attention. He is Vince's pet project, the chosen future main eventer of the man in charge of the entire company. He is the one to watch... But I never do. His entrance theme is cool and he is the Intercontinental Champion, but that's where it ends. He has all the opportunity to succeed and has done fuck all with it. He's bland on the mic and in the ring, and has shown no improvement from his very first appearance.

Sheamus on the other hand has been given the generic monster gimmick and has run with it. Hard. His physical appearance obviously helps with this, but the fact that he has made improvements in every single aspect of his game every week since his debut is the major reason behind this. Sure, people can complain that he's being shoved down our throats thanks to his friendship with Triple H, but you know what, the guy is taking the opportunities given to him and making every single one of them pay off for him.

Sheamus O'Shaunessy is indeed, much better than Drew McIntyre.

Thread Information