Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What now for Ted Dibiase Jr?

Tommy Got Hacked

What now for Ted Dibiase Jr?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: What now for Ted Dibiase Jr?

I know they had in that match with Christian last night, but I have a hunch that some how DiBiase will get involved with Kofi somehow, and I'd be in favor of that happening.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Platinum View Post
    On a night when several young stars seemed to be taking their next steps to establishing themselves as main eventers (Swagger winning MITB, the Hart Dynasty turning face and being involved in a big match, Sheamus looking good against the Game), one man didn't receive such treatment. This is a man who many believed would be pushed as the future of the company, starting with a face turn and a win over his former mentor Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 26.

He have talked about the confusing, backwards booking of the Legacy angle and how Orton has now become the face, but Ted and Cody looked like little more than jobbers at Mania, with Orton defeating them in what was for the most part, a handicap match. After being pinned at Mania, Ted lost again to Christian last night.

My question is, where will he go from here? Are the plans to give him a big push cancelled or just put on hold? I was expecting him to have made a lot more progress by this stage, and now it appears others may be being pushed in his place. Could WWE have changed their minds?
    Looks like some type of living up to his father's legend and hating his dad for it type of angle. I don't think they are completely done with the Orton vs Legacy program though.

Status

Where does this leave Rhodes? They both came out to different themes at WM. I'm hoping they won't be tagging together anymore.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

I'm not sure I can use him jobbing to Christian at RAW as an indicator of his current direction. With Rhodes suffering a concussion at Mania and therefore being unable to perform at RAW the following night, I feel that they threw the lumberjack match together last minute and it wasn't meant to further any storylines. I could be wrong though because there was some tension between Junior and Senior after the match was over. I'm going to hold off on figuring this out until Rhodes returns.

I definitely don't see DiBiase teaming up with Kofi, not any time soon anyways.

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

The real question is, what's next for Rhodes. We already saw what's going on with DiBiase. He's doing an angle with his father on RAW. Possibly about to go to the next level as far as feud oppositions. Cody's "out indefinitely" with a concussion. I doubt he's going to be getting a lot of attention when he comes back, other than if he feuds with Ted and they both put each other over.

Basic B*tches

Status

I hate to backtrack on statements I've made it the past but sometimes things and opinions change... and honestly, I'm not sure I see a whole lot of upside with Ted and Cody right now. They don't have characters that can get over.. they're both average on the mic at this stage in their careers (so that won't help them) and their look is bland and boring. I DO think both of them are competent workers and may have a decent future but right now I'd put Swagger, Sheamus, Bourne, and others ahead of them.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    nl=Netherlands

I noticed they BOTH got NO reaction at Mania. Even Colin Delaney got more reaction on ECW. I think they are avarage wrestlers, but yeah they are kind of bland...
    Spoiler:

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Butoden View Post
    I noticed they BOTH got NO reaction at Mania. Even Colin Delaney got more reaction on ECW. I think they are avarage wrestlers, but yeah they are kind of bland...
    They got normal heel heat. Ted drew out more of it though.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

They both have at least 15 years left in them. I dont think not pushing them immediately is really gonna hurt anyone or anything in the long run

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Prime View Post
    The real question is, what's next for Rhodes. We already saw what's going on with DiBiase. He's doing an angle with his father on RAW. Possibly about to go to the next level as far as feud oppositions. Cody's "out indefinitely" with a concussion. I doubt he's going to be getting a lot of attention when he comes back, other than if he feuds with Ted and they both put each other over.
    Cody is going to battle his brother Goldust, you can see it coming a mile away. He'll be calling his brother a loser that was almost there but never quite made it to the top yadda yadda. Last I heard WWE wants to push Goldy he's in great shape these days.

Status

The general fans not being all that interested in either Rhodes or Dibiase just helped Orton look like that much more of a face.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I think he and Cody will just hover around the mid card for a while, maybe with them feuding with each other. Ideally I would like to see him get a solid US title run, but that is probably a few months away.

Curtain Jerker

Status

people love to lie about legacy getting no heat, they get more heat than miz and thats without being over the top corny catering to kids and numbskull type promos. they both are young talent and its a new day, people want change yet wanted christian to win MITB who debuted in 98 ?

DiBiase changed his attire for mania, i believe more changes are coming he will be top tier mid-carder after the exchange and depending on his work/reactions i see him being pushed and give him the intercontinental champ after the draft.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NovaRoad View Post
    With Rhodes suffering a concussion at Mania and therefore being unable to perform at RAW the following night, I feel that they threw the lumberjack match together last minute and it wasn't meant to further any storylines.
    Was that for real? I thought the Punt looked weak, so assumed that was a storyline, to give them a chance to do a DiBiase/Orton feud for a couple of months, before returning Rhodes to feud with both guys in singles matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Prime View Post
    They got normal heel heat. Ted drew out more of it though.
    I thought they both pulled decent heat, but never more than the other, unless they were ganging up on Orton. Quite honestly, DiBiase rarely seemed to attempt to get heat, whereas Rhodes was far more interactive with the crowd, making me feel he was the heat magnet of the two.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Could be the WWE isn't as high as they once were in either of the two, but more than likely they will now slowly push Ted Dibiase on his own. I also feel the concussion for Cody is just storyline, so they can focus more time on Ted.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I would love to see a good program with Dustin & Cody...either tagging or feuding....Dustin getting a major push would be long overdue....it is a shame he was never able to turn his megaheel heat into a World Title run....his first Goldust run was pretty fuckin awesome....

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

That seems like a logical thing to do, because seemingly enough, it looks like Rhodes has been left out to dry while Ted is in a program of his own with his father on RAW. Cody/Goldust would be something to keep both of them relevant.

Status

Legacy does not get more heat then Miz. Miz gets less heat now because a lot of people are starting to like him. Last year when Miz was still with Morrison & Rhodes was with Manu, I saw all of them at a RAW live event. Rhodes & Manu accompanied Orton to ringside for his match against Michaels. He got no reaction from anyone, and just stood there blankly through the whole match. When Miz came out, holy crap(this is when I really started to take notice to him) he did everything he could to antagonize the fans. This was around the time the Eagles had lost(I'm not too far from Philly) and he got on the mic and started mocking everyone for that. Through their match when on the ring apron he would turn around and yell things at people in the audience and make all kinds of ridiculous gestures and facial expressions. After their match, there was this one woman with her kids who made a sign making fun of Miz and they were yelling stuff at him the whole time. He specifically went over to them, grabbed the sign out of their hands and tore it up, then he laughed at them and posed in front of them with the WWE tag team title. It was hilarious. I've been to quite a few live events and the majority of wrestlers don't put a whole lot of effort into things. Like their opponents that night Cryme Tyme. They just came out, did their match, and left. You could tell they weren't into it. Miz & Morrison wrestled like it was a tv taping, and they went the extra mile to put on a performance. That's really stuck with me.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Was that for real? I thought the Punt looked weak, so assumed that was a storyline, to give them a chance to do a DiBiase/Orton feud for a couple of months, before returning Rhodes to feud with both guys in singles matches.
    It could be storyline, but I didn't take it that way. I just found it odd that all of the RAW guys that had actual matches at WM found their way to RAW that night except for Cody (not including MITB guys even though 2 of the 5 were on RAW).

Thread Information