Underdog

Status

Cena's heel turn

How many years before Cena turns heel?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Cena's heel turn

Cena hasn't been heel since what... 2003 or 2004? It's about time but I don't think it'll happen. It's a shame because I actually liked Cena's work as a cocky heel rapper who did what he wanted to who he wanted.

GSP! GSP! GSP!

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Probs be like hogan. Starts off as a heel but after years and years of being face doesn't bcome heel again until he's in his 40's.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Waquo Jaquo View Post
    Probs be like hogan. Starts off as a heel but after years and years of being face doesn't bcome heel again until he's in his 40's.
    That would make it in about ten or so years. I dont know if i can handle that:D.
    Last edited by 96-99; 03-24-2010 at 05:18 AM.

On Vacation

Status

Please tell me I don't have to put up with another ten years of Cena's baby-face character? I wish WWE could do something fresh with him. Everyone here seems to love Batista's new character so I could see a great potential to turn Cena heel when the eventual Batista face turn happens.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hall View Post
    Please tell me I don't have to put up with another ten years of Cena's baby-face character? I wish WWE could do something fresh with him. Everyone here seems to love Batista's new character so I could see a great potential to turn Cena heel when the eventual Batista face turn happens.
    Yeah but he actually said what i have kind of have been thinking. And thats going to be a long ten plus years.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hall View Post
    I don\t think the Batista face turn will ever happen again has a heel he can be more dominant which will protect him from getting injured ( which we all know was a big problem) plus hes way cooler and unlike other heels in this company he's able to get real heat these days.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Yea, because CM Punk gets fake heat these days. I'm lol'ing on the inside.

I think Cena needs to turn heel sooner rather than later, but I can't really see it happening any time soon.

Established Veteran

Status

Cena as Heel. Not as long as he is in WWE. Cena is a perfect Face. The younger generation loves him and WWE seems to be appealing to the younger crowd now in days, so Cena as Heel........No

Bangin' It.

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Him being heel would be as awesome as Hogans heel turn, when he joined The Outsiders. Kids would be crying and shiz; it would be uhhmazing.
    Nothings better than simplicity.

Takes life. Seriously.

Status

I personally think Cena is past the point of being able to turn heel. If he did go heel it would have be something pretty humongous to put him over. Cena is one of the biggest & well know wrestling superstars of our generation. Not only that, the way he has been marketed has only been positive towards his character.

I see it as that he has been face so long it is hard to see him as anything else. When he was heel it was because he was young & brash. But now his whole character has been built up as the responsible & basically a hero. The guy is respectable in every way imaginable & he has this good guy thing about him. He could kill someone & we wouldn't want to believe it. That is just a solid build up, getting superstars that over is rare these days. Which is why I would see it near impossible to get him over as a heel when he has been built up so long & perfectly as a face. I would see the heel turn becoming like HBK trying to turn heel on Hogan. A great deal of the crowd still cheered HBK, because he is Shawn fucking Michaels.
    If you're reading this it means you're looking at a really old post, or I just recently posted again for some reason. Enjoy it!

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Cena can go heel any day now. All that needs to happen is for him to go through something so devastatingly bad that he loses his spirit and goes ballistic on someone. Take his loss at HIAC against Orton back in 2009. He just sat there, looking at the ground for awhile, looking like he had nothing left in him. That'd be the perfect time for him to go heel. Like, he could just start by standing up after getting pinned/submitted, and take off his armbands and stuff, then give the crowd a dirty scowl.

His heel turn is highly unlikely though, because he is WWE's biggest cash cow right now. No way Vince is gonna turn him into a bad guy.

Status

Money. It comes down to money. As a babyface, Cena moves a ton of merchandise. A ton. Turn him heel and that slows. It doesn't disappear, but he's not making the WWE money like he is right now.

Its tough to compare to the recent Batista turn. Batista's character works better as a heel and he doesn't move as much merchandise as Cena does. So the risk is less. Comparing it to Hogan is tough as well, because that had as much to do with Hogan being stale and tired as a character as it did with the booking of the Outsiders and the whole formation of the nWo. Take that away and the heel-turn for Hogan might have bombed.

I love thought of a Cena heel turn, but the WWE has no motivation to do it. Yeah, a segment of the fans (us) are damned sick and tired of him in his current role. But until that becomes widespread and he stops making them money, they have no reason to change it.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

until they have a babyface messiah to take his place

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    until they have a babyface messiah to take his place
    That's one possibility. Building up someone into a simiar mega babyface who can carry the company and the fans love, then turn Cena heel. The problem is that I don't see a single person on the roster rigiht now who I think fits that position.

The other possibility, I believe, is him getting so stale in the role he has that fans turn on him in droves. The merch sales go down and something has to change.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I really thought the whole Cena can't wrestle shit was in the past but I guess people still get on him....I really don't find him to be bad in the ring at all

Status

Sooner or later, the WWE will have to refreshen his character in some form after everyone gets tired of it. Everyone got tired of Hogan's goody-two shoes until WCW overhauled his character, wearing from red and yellow to black and white and led the nWo. Heel Cena will be hard to top the heel turn that Hogan had back in 1996, as Cena turns against the fat girls, little kids, and soccer moms inside out. I watched the video on YouTube when Hogan turned heel and created nWo along with Scott Hall & Kevin Nash, I thought imo was mad awesome that the WCW done this.

WWE should do something similar to Cena when the fans eat up the lame face that most wrestling fans dislike strongly.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 96-99 View Post
    How many years before Cena turns heel?
    WWE learned from turning Stone Cold that you NEVER turn your company's meal ticket heel without a proper babyface to pass the torch to.

Had Hardy been reliable and signed to a long term deal, Cena turning heel could have been an option.

Even so, Cena still has steam as a face. His work with Batista and Bret Hart has been some of his best stuff in ages.

Cena turning heel is a big deal to this generation of wrestling fans. They shouldn't just do it just to swerve people and pop a small rating one week. It should be done when the time as right and everything to ensure it's long term success as an angle is in place.
    lol?

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Thread Information