Thread: The forgotten Men

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

The forgotten Men

With Wrestlemania just a week away, I am ecstatic about this years card, I think this has the potential to be the greatest wrestlemania of all time.

Now despite my happiness with the card, i still cannot ignore the fact that many superstars who I rate seem to be doing nothing at this wrestlemania. I'll go through them one by one and rate them out of ten about how deserving they are to be on the wrestlemania card.

Santino Marella

Santino Marella has been made to look like a complete joke all of 2009 and into 2010. Fair enough he makes people laugh, including me but I'm sure he didnt enter WWE to be one of the laughing stocks of the company. Santino has good wrestling ability yet the WWE do not seem to showcase his talent.

Rating 7/10

Carlito

Probably my favourite wrestler not to be featured on the Mania card. Ok so he has a problem with motivation, so would I if i were being continually overlooked and not be in the position my talent merited, he is bound regretfully to remain a midcarder or be future endeavored in the coming months. This guy is probably in the top 10 in ring talents in the WWE roster in my opinion.

Rating 10/10

The Hart Dynasty

My favourite tag team in WWE at the moment. Again with Bret involved in WWE, the creative team do not feel it benefitial for the Hart Dynasty to be shown with Bret Hart for some reason. This would help put them over with the fans even if it is a backstage segment, and they should definetly be involved with the Tag Titles at wrestlemania.

Rating 9/10

William Regal

I don't know what more I can say about this guy, if you seen my previous article, this man has it all in my opinion. He can talk, he has charisma and he can wrestle, he is an old fashioned brawler and had a great program with Christian which spanned over 2 ppv's which involved regal being squashed in 7 seconds which did no men any good. Well done WWE creative team

Rating 9/10

Chavo Guerrero

Where to begin with this man? Lets start at wrestlemania 24, his world title defence lasted 10 seconds,since then he has been on a downward spiral including losing to a 3 foot leprechaun. Not smart for someone who has beaten many world champions in his carreer including Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio

Rating 10/10

Finlay

Ok this guy is only a year younger than my parents, so what? This guy still has the in ring talent and is a solid technical wrestler and a brawler. His match at wrestlemania 24 was awesome against JBL and hasnt been seen on TV for months

Rating 8/10

What are everyone elses views about the above not being on the wrestlemania card and would you have them on your card if you were in the creative team?

WAKE UP

Status

Re: The forgotten Men

Carlito hit his finisher 3 times in the Royal Rumble and every one was sloppy.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Regal, Finlay, & Chavo should start a stable called the forgotten WCW crossovers....jay slash kay

BUT I do agree that the Hart's should have gotten some stroke of a push with Bret Hart being around...they use the same fuckin entrance music for god's sake

Heel Champion

Status

Eh, I wouldn't have liked the involvement of Hart Dynasty for the Wrestle-Mania match, maybe afterwards, but not at this stage. It wouldn't really make much sense either other than them being related to Hart. McMahon/Hart is such a big match and should really be about the two, its all about the revenge from the screw job, adding other people to the mix would just take away the intensity of it all.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

I'm probably Carlito's biggest fan. But I can't say he's top 10 WWE in ring talent.

He has a unique look. He showed everyone around 2005/early 2006 that he can be a top heel too.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

There is nothing wrong with Santino being funny, not every superstar needs to be taken seriously, he is there for comedy relief at the moment and I for one am happy about it. He is fun to watch.

Finlay doesn't deserve to be at Mania, I mean what has he done to earn being there.

I agree with 3:16 that The Hart Dynasty should be kept out of the McMahon/Bret feud. They weren't' there in 1997 so keep it about the two of them.

I like Carlito, but motivation and politics backstage will keep him from going anywhere but gone after Mania.

To me, Regal is way too overrated in the IWC, as he simply not that good. He is ok, but not great, so he is where he should be, not on Mania.

Chavo is slightly more entertaining than Regal, but again not a huge loss that he isn't on Mania.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I can't think of any reason why any of them would make it onto the WrestleMania card. The MITB match already has too many wrestlers, all of a higher status, and you wouldn't book any of those from the original post in a proper match.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jericho View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Santino being funny, not every superstar needs to be taken seriously, he is there for comedy relief at the moment and I for one am happy about it. He is fun to watch.

Finlay doesn't deserve to be at Mania, I mean what has he done to earn being there.

I agree with 3:16 that The Hart Dynasty should be kept out of the McMahon/Bret feud. They weren't' there in 1997 so keep it about the two of them.

I like Carlito, but motivation and politics backstage will keep him from going anywhere but gone after Mania.

To me, Regal is way too overrated in the IWC, as he simply not that good. He is ok, but not great, so he is where he should be, not on Mania.

Chavo is slightly more entertaining than Regal, but again not a huge loss that he isn't on Mania.
    I hope Carlito is gone after Mania if they don't start giving him a decent push so maybe he can find a place in TNA.

On Vacation

Status

Carlito is shit. He has been shit for years. He has a big mouth, and is sloppy as hell. He was getting pushed pretty strong a few years ago though if I recall.

Underdog

Status

Carlito was a big part of why i got back into wrestling back in 05-06. Its just he could have been a pretty big star for the WWE. And if the WWE keeps pushing talented guys down then they are not going to get "legit" new stars. Wasnt Vince complaining not too long ago about not being able to make new "stars."
    Last edited by 96-99; 03-23-2010 at 03:11 AM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

I've always been a fan of Carlito but, I will say I don't think he has earned a spot in Wrestlemania. I mean he was somewhat entertaining when he and Primo were teamed together but oter than that he hasn't really shined in recent years.

Underdog

Status

Carlito with the Cabana back in the day was entertaining. At least bring back the Cabana.

🔪 Cool·Vegan·Mom·Club 🌻

Status
      Country                    Canada

Well this is why ECW was there. I like almost all those guys (dont like Finlay) Santino cant really have a good story as a face tho thats why hes used for jokes. Hart Dynasty the best team around, and Kidd should be in the MiTB imo, I mean hes great techanicalwrestler and can"high fly". Kidds single matches prove he should be solo again tho, i mean for some strange reason the dynasty cant be succesful. Chavo and swoggle was dumb and imo i dont thik swoggle should be around, hes their for the same reason as Santino. Chavo should be put back on smackdown and have some good matches. Regals good as a mentor on NXt because at this point i think thats why hes around, and he'll go the way of Dreamer. Support the youngsters for a couple of years then retire.

Thread Information