Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlers that deserve to be pushed

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Wrestlers that deserve to be pushed

Right now I feel that WWE are pushing the wrong guys. Sheamus and Mcintyre are 2 of the worst choices on the roster to push. Neither guy has done a f'n thing to deserve it and the fans don't give a rats ass about either of them. Mcintyre hasn't drawn a crowd reaction yet and Sheamus was one of the worst world champions of all time. The only reason they are getting pushes is because they kiss Hunter's ass and we all know that's the ONLY reason.

The 2 Legacy boys don't deserve it yet either. All they have done for a year and a half is stomp and try to become Orton 2.0. We already have a Orton. We don't need abunch of Orton stunt doubles running around that we know only have jobs because of their last names.

2 obvious guys who would make better choices to push are Matt Hardy and Christian. Both are incredibly over with the fans and have been wrestling for what seems like forever now and have paid their dues. There's no excuse to keep holding them down.

Other guys would be Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston and Chris Masters. Carlito has all the charisma in the world and was being pushed on par with Cena years back before they just dropped the ball with him. Benjamin is in the same boat. When he got those wins over HHH a few years back the fans loved him but they never capatialized on it. He's more than paid his dues and deserves another push. Kofi was over as shit early on in his feud with Orton before Orton went into douchebag mode and cried backstage to bury Kofi. And Masters was real entertaining before he left WWE the first time. I think he's really likeable as a face right now and he's a pretty good talker too. Give the guy a chance.

Who do yall think are some wrestlers deserving of a big push?

GSP! GSP! GSP!

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Re: Wrestlers that deserve to be pushed

Chris Masters is nothing ever since the Masterlock Challenge days. Carlito is... ehh, Shelton is pretty much just a spot machine. Kofi was getting pushed for a moment, but he will probably have a CM Punk stop-start push which ends up getting him a title in like 2011 sometime.
    Hardy and Christian are indeed very over, but I can't see Hardy winning the MITB (I very much see Christian winning it) and going for a higher up title.
    Sheamus was a very premature push, but still he is drawing some insane heat and is now pretty much a mid-carder. How is McIntyre getting a push? He's on a losing streak and he is being made to look kinda weak right now.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

McIntyre has drawn crowd reactions. Dunno what you're talking about there. And Carlito has been given several opportunities at a push and hasn't been able to run with it. Then makes matters worse by opening his mouth.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Matt Hardy has deserved a push for a little while now and I really hope he does get it some time in the near future. As for Christian I'm more or less sure he will get the title sooner or later. If he hadn't left in 2005 for TNA I reckon he would of been a World champion by now.

Carlito Had a shit load of potential but fucked it up and just kept of chatting Sh*t about the WWE and threatened to leave a couple times. Doubt he's gonna be anything more than a midcarder now. All Benjamin lacks is a bit of Charisma and good mic skills. Give him a Mouthpiece or help him improve his mic skills a bit and he could of been a main eventer.

Dibiase & Rhodes will be big no doubt and i have no real problem with that. As for Mcintyre and Sheamus I think they just got pushed to early and should of been given more time. Especially Sheamus. Prior to winning the WWE championship all he really did was squash Jobbers.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SelfHighFive View Post
    Right now I feel that WWE are pushing the wrong guys. Sheamus and Mcintyre are 2 of the worst choices on the roster to push. Neither guy has done a f'n thing to deserve it and the fans don't give a rats ass about either of them. Mcintyre hasn't drawn a crowd reaction yet and Sheamus was one of the worst world champions of all time. The only reason they are getting pushes is because they kiss Hunter's ass and we all know that's the ONLY reason.
    Are you actually serious? Not only do they draw a different demergraphic, but both are extreemly talented. Mcintyre has been awesome since his debut, strong on the mik, solid in the ring, into his character, and steadily drawing better reations. Sheamus, while I half agree, jumped the push gun because of his relationship with HHH, in a lot of ways stepped up to the plate. His beat down segments have been awesome, his mik work has been pretty good too. His title run never really took off, granted, but thats not to say he shouldnt be being pushed. It was to early, and poorly followed up on, but he didn't do anything 'wrong'.

The 2 Legacy boys don't deserve it yet either. All they have done for a year and a half is stomp and try to become Orton 2.0. We already have a Orton. We don't need abunch of Orton stunt doubles running around that we know only have jobs because of their last names.
    Ted is so full of baby face potential it is frightning. Cody is great chicken shit upper midcard material. Both guys are very strong prospects for the future of this company. Young, experianced in big angles now, solid wrestlers, and havent even started to develop yet really, when you think about what could still be to come.

2 obvious guys who would make better choices to push are Matt Hardy and Christian. Both are incredibly over with the fans and have been wrestling for what seems like forever now and have paid their dues. There's no excuse to keep holding them down.
    Christian yes, but I wouldnt say he is being "held down" considering he is a chance of winning MITB. Matt Hardy is beyong his good days imo. He has had numerous shots to get over at a higher role. He did well as ECW Champion, but lacks the charisma or drawing power to work as a main eventer. He is also pretty sucky on the mik.

Other guys would be Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston and Chris Masters. Carlito has all the charisma in the world and was being pushed on par with Cena years back before they just dropped the ball with him. Benjamin is in the same boat. When he got those wins over HHH a few years back the fans loved him but they never capatialized on it. He's more than paid his dues and deserves another push. Kofi was over as shit early on in his feud with Orton before Orton went into douchebag mode and cried backstage to bury Kofi. And Masters was real entertaining before he left WWE the first time. I think he's really likeable as a face right now and he's a pretty good talker too. Give the guy a chance.
    Masters? Carlito? Are you serious? Carlito has the attitude of a pissed off 4 year old at K Mart. Masters is about as interesting as Braydan Walker. (The character, not Harris the wrestler) Benjamin has been given 1000000000000000 opportunities to get over. Pretty sure his lack fo reaction is on his hands alone. He has been given squash matches, chances to work with Taker, heel turns, face pushes, mid card titles. If it doesnt work, it doesnt work.

So yeah I totally disagree with 95% of this. Strictly my opinion though.

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Saviour View Post
    Benjamin has been given 1000000000000000 opportunities to get over. Pretty sure his lack fo reaction is on his hands alone. He has been given squash matches, chances to work with Taker, heel turns, face pushes, mid card titles. If it doesnt work, it doesnt work.
    ^^^^^^^^^

Yes, Shelton can wrestle rings around a majority of the roster, and yes Matt Hardy is a more solid wrestler than his brother, but until a PPV headlining any of these man (amongst others), sells out an arena, I refuse to believe they're not where they need to be in the company. While they may have some good in-ring qualities, and may even train someone in the back, I can't believe any of them as a main event draw. I wouldn't even buy a t-shirt with their faces on them, and I certainly wouldn't go to a show to see them alone.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

@ Silver Saviour

Not sure how Sheamus or Mintyre are extremely talented. Sheamus sounds closer to a retard than an irish person on the mic and anybody can draw heat when they constantly get to attack WWE's 3 top guys HHH, Cena and Orton. He doesn't get heat like Punk, Batista or Jericho where the fans boo out of respect. They boo because they flatout don't want to see him. And Mcintyre hasn't drawn a reaction yet and I don't know how some of yall are hearing otherwise. I've never heard fans get so quiet for a wrestler. Mcintyre is bland as bland gets. He's boring on the mic and just repeats being the chosen one (shot at JJ Vince?). Other than his finisher even his ring work is a bore.

You say Ted is full of babyface potential but then say Matts best days are over when he still outpops most of the roster? Don't understand that at all. I find Ted just as boring as Mcintyre.

Carlito may have a bad attitude but so does Orton. Orton has always had a bad attitude even before he became relevant and has always got a free pass because I guess his nose is up Vince's ass. Carlito is one of the most all around talented wrestlers the WWE has in their mid-card.

That's just my opinions though. I'm tired of guys like Mcintyre, Legacy, etc that all seem like generic clones of each other and like some uniqueness in the wrestlers I watch. And I believe in pushing the wrestlers who are actually over with the fans and have paid their dues over pushing guys who kiss HHH's and Orton's asses.

Status

@ Silver Saviour

Not sure how Sheamus or Mintyre are extremely talented. Sheamus sounds closer to a retard than an irish person on the mic and anybody can draw heat when they constantly get to attack WWE's 3 top guys HHH, Cena and Orton. He doesn't get heat like Punk, Batista or Jericho where the fans boo out of respect. They boo because they flatout don't want to see him. And Mcintyre hasn't drawn a reaction yet and I don't know how some of yall are hearing otherwise. I've never heard fans get so quiet for a wrestler. Mcintyre is bland as bland gets. He's boring on the mic and just repeats being the chosen one (shot at JJ Vince?). Other than his finisher even his ring work is a bore.
    Are you trying to claim Sheamus is getting X-Pac "go away" heat? Seriously?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

it seems to me that Sheamus gets the most internet hate because he is HHH's buddy...and anyone that is friends with HHH is instantly the devil...they gave him a title run because they wanted to stir things up and give someone new the title....and they needed a new superheel....he fits both categories....on a side note when the fuck are they gonna get a new belt the spinner belt looks like shit and retarded on anyone except Cena...like Sheamus holding a spinner belt stuck out like a turn in a punchbowl
    Last edited by Booty Love; 03-20-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Idk why all the heat on Sheamus truth be told he makes a decent heel when it comes to someone you just cant like. If Kofi Kingston gets buried and left in the dust it'll be one of the biggest mistakes the WWE has ever made.

Now guys like Christian, Hardy, and Benjamin though experienced they have yet to become true World champs in the WWE. I think Christian will be in line for the title soon enough and Hardy im still unsure as to whether or not he'll ever become world champ. Maybe a lil push as IC champion would help. And Benjamin despite his skills just cant seem to win over all the fans. If he only had a silver spoon in his mouth then maybe he'd be champ someday.

Carlito should just be released. The guy hasn't done anything of value since he split from Primo. Before that, he had been a disaster since 2006 when his push started to dry out. It seems like every few months there's a new report of how unhappy he is. His work shows how little passion he has in the WWE anymore. If he'd actually try again, then maybe I'd push him. However, for now just make him happy and give him freedom. Besides, Primo looks like he's the more talented brother if he's given some backing.

For ones who should be pushed:

William Regal - It doesn't need to be a main event push, but just something for him to do now that ECW is done. With the Miz one half of the tag team champions and busy on NXT, he really doesn't need the US title. Give it to Regal and let him feud with Evan Bourne on Raw.

Goldust - Like Regal, it doesn't need to be anything special. However, Goldust is still popular and can work a decent match. Maybe a short feud with Drew McIntyre after Wrestlemania could be good.

Tyson Kidd - If they play their cards right, Kidd is going to be money one day. Since the move to Smackdown, The Hart Dynasty hasn't been doing much besides their hundred match series with Cryme Tyme and their one week feud with DX. As for what he could do, maybe something along the lines of Ricky Reyes' character in late 2005. Have him head to NXT and be the bully to the wrestlers there. With Kidd being a wrestler for so many years, he can bring up how he never needed something like NXT to get a roster spot and he doesn't appreciate how they're getting all this attention while he's been in the WWE for a year without nearly as much. Whenever the day does come that they want break up the Hart Dynasty, Kidd is going to make a great US/IC champion.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I agree with Goldust so much...Dustin has been so solid for so many years and always stuck with the laughing stock gimmick....he really needs to snap outta the Goldust gimmick.....maybe get him as Dustin involved in the Legacy Orton feud somehow...

as for Tyson Kidd I am not sure what they could do with him....he really hasn't impressed me much and how the fuck aren't the Hart Dynasty involved in the Bret Hart vs McMahon angle...they should have been moved to RAW and turned faces to back Bret...it makes no fuckin sense to me

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    I agree with Goldust so much...Dustin has been so solid for so many years and always stuck with the laughing stock gimmick....he really needs to snap outta the Goldust gimmick.....maybe get him as Dustin involved in the Legacy Orton feud somehow...

as for Tyson Kidd I am not sure what they could do with him....he really hasn't impressed me much and how the fuck aren't the Hart Dynasty involved in the Bret Hart vs McMahon angle...they should have been moved to RAW and turned faces to back Bret...it makes no fuckin sense to me
    This.

I don't get why HD aren't getting the rub off of Bret being in the WWE right now. Makes no fuckin' sense at all. I'd like to know why WWE... I really would.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Personally, I like both Sheamus and Drew McIntyre, both in the ring and on the mic. They are fresh, with both having accents, it is something different.

Shelton as many have pointed out has had quite literally 2000 different pushes and heel face turns and doesn't get the reaction, so therefore he jobs out most of the time, that is the way it goes.

Matt Hardy may get some loud pops, but I seriously doubt all that many people would come to see the WWE if he were one of the top draws. He fits in nicely in the mid to upper card slot.

Christian is one that definitely should be at the top, but for whatever reason Vince doesn't see to thrilled at pushing him, and that will keep him where he is at, however unfair it is.

I don't personally get why so many people seem to point out that Goldust or Regal should be anywhere but in the low card. Regal would work better as a manager and Goldust has a character that belongs where he is at. Maybe if had a new character things would be different, but he isn't exactly a spring chicken, so he will likely stay a jobber.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

On Vacation

Status

Two words.
    Mike Knox

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    I've never liked Dustin Rhodes. He's either trying to hard to be like Dusty or he's bland as can be. Creating Goldust finally allowed Dustin to be his own person. It's a gimmick I feel he should stick with for the rest of his career.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

while I agree that over the course of his career Goldust was a good character for him I feel that in an era in wrestling where they no longer do many crazy gimmicks that he should revert back to Dustin and get himself involved with his brother more....but that is just my opinion...unless of course they have him go back to heel Goldust and push him that way...give him the huge intros and make him as outrageous as he was when he first arrived...just not as outrageous as he was when he was with Luna...that was just insane

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dillberg View Post
    Two words.
    Mike Knox
    This.

It sucks to see him fade away and not be utilized as this soft spoken, sadistically intellegent monster that they were creating him to be. I knew that last year, a lot of guys would be lost in the shuffle on that terrfic mid card scene (which is still suffering from booking problems imo), and it's unfortunate he is one of them.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Underdog

Status

Carlito was one of the reasons I started back too watching wrestling back in 05 or was it 06. I kind of wish he would get pushed again or released so he could go to TNA but then he wouldnt get too use his gimmick there.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Christian is #1 on the list of most deserving of a push. He was over way before Matt Hardy.

Matt Hardy's in ring these days and his overall look do not warrant him deserving of a push to the top at all.

#2 on the most deserving list would have to be tbh I think it has got to be Kane, they have done nothing with him for a long time and he deserves a rebirth.

Thread Information