Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Kofi Kingston Leave WWE?

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Should Kofi Kingston Leave WWE?

I know wwe is the number one promotion and thats never going to change at least in the near future but he has been 100% forgotten about and snubbed. He was having one of the best pushes at the end/beginning of the year and now he's not even good enough to get the biggest payday of the year. I was going to compare him to the next shelton benjamin but at least benjamin gets titles everywhere he goes. There has only been on mania shelton was left of was 23. But to be left of mania right after an extremely impressive feud with orton its a slap in the face to his fans and a super slap to the face to kofi's bankaccount and backstage it just looks like they hane NO FAITH in him at all. Before money in the bank I don't think its a big deal because there were fewer spots but now when theres a match with 9 guys it's a deliberate snubbing.

The reason I'm asking if he should be considering maybe leaving because in the last 4 or 5 years it seems once you get your one shot at a main event level if you don't stick around the vince seems to totally write you off. I personally can't rememebr a push being so abruptly shutdown and such a high point of the year maks it seem even worse and is even burying him worse then if he just disappeard of tv. Then last night baitsta totally demolishes him. He could go to tna become main event level and maybe return to a push aka r truth, chirtian etc... But if he stays I think hes not the next shelton benjamin he might be the next Carlito. ( but lets hope not)
    Last edited by CuttingEDGE; 03-16-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Re: Kofi kingston should leave the wwe?

So because Kofi doesn't have a match yet for Wrestlemania, despite being used very well for the past few months, he should leave? The guy just had a match on the main show against the WWE champion. There's still time for him to be added to Wrestlemania with MITB being the most obvious choice.

Even if he's not added, it's not a huge deal. A lot of wrestlers find themselves temporary depushed in favor of major feuds when it comes to Wrestlemania season. Take CM Punk last year as an example. With his World Title reign coming to an end, he was purposely depushed and just thrown into MITB. However, once Wrestlemania was over, it didn't take him long before he was pushed as the top heel on Smackdown.

Right now, it would be insane for Kofi to leave the WWE. Out of all of the newer stars, it seems as if the WWE has some of the most faith in him.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

yeah but the punk reference makes no sense because he was left out of the world title feud but won money in the bank and got another world title reign so that 6 figure check wrestlers get for mania he got and his pushed got even more intense by winning it back to back. The fact that they have up to 22 or 23 guys wrestling in mania and hes not one of them doesn't speak well for there "faith"behind him. If he is added to mitb I will take it back but they announce on superstars it would be ten superstars and not one mention of it on raw and then he gets demolished by batista its not looking good. I'n my opinion its the exact same thing has your team making it to the world series, superbowl, stanley cup final, and then the coach sitting you and saying you couldn't help the cause i gurantee you they wouldn't be there the following year. I just can't name one other superstar who had a semi main event push in the last two or three years that kept had the push pick up again after his momentum was stopped. Like i said above i just don't want to se another benjamin or worse carlito situation.

Once again, Kofi doesn't have a match yet. All of this "WWE has no faith in Kofi" talk is unjustified. Wait a week, if Kofi isn't added to some match, then you can bitch about it. Technically, Punk and Mysterio aren't booked on Wrestlemania, yet no one is bitching about that. That's mostly because people know they will be. The same applies for Kofi.

WAKE UP

Status

This thread is incredibly moronic.

He's young, he has plenty of time left in his career to become something. Leaving the only company which pay decently would be retarded beyond belief.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Platinum View Post
    With Kofi, I wouldn't say it's obvious he will be added to Mania. Why would he be added to MITB? Usually there are only 8 men in the match, and the only reason there are 9 this year is that Vince gave his boy another couple of chances to get into the match. I can definitely see it staying at 9, and considering how stacked the card is, there's no other way I can see Kofi getting on it.
    The number of wrestlers hasn't always been set in stone for MITB. The first two had six, 2007 had eight, 2008 had seven and 2009 had eight. The only reason they've ever had an odd number in MITB is because of Jeff Hardy's fuck up. With the still being a week until Wrestlemania, I imagine one more wrestler will find their way in the match. I'm not sure the last time this was used, but a last chance battle royal seems possible.

Sweet Meat

Status

PWTorch is reporting there is one spot still open and supposedly Michael Cole said the same thing. So it's pretty obvious why people think Kofi will get the spot >_>.

But yeah, he shouldn't leave WWE. Why would he? To go to TNA which is overpopulated? Go to Japan or some Indy where his star power will decrease? Nah.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Simply put, NO!
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Status

Re: Should Kofi Kingston Leave WWE?

I would agree completely if Kofi had been left off of TV for months on end. Unless you are one of the chosen few, you are going to move up and down the card a bit. It doesn't necessarily mean you are no longer valued - simply that other feuds are taking precedent.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

WAKE UP

Status

I don't have an exact quote for it but I've seen it mentioned on another site (quoted from the WO) that Kingston is being kept off of the card because he pissed Orton off earlier in the year by getting up too quick from an RKO.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Basic B*tches

Status

Kofi should learn how to string spots together without fucking them up.

Curtain Jerker

Status

There is no conspiracy he is simply lackluster, he has goofy mannerisms and awful ring attire after changing his accent up its hard for the audience to take him seriously. He needs to be left off for 2-3 months to work on a new gimmick.

He had his shine from his push mainly thanks to orton who just about managed to make him credible, outside that there are many on the cards the fans would rather see and that includes some NXT members.

you either got it or you have'nt, this corny kingston style will never work.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

At the end of the day who will really cares if Kofi leaves? He will be replaced by any number of people in the industry who can perform as good or better than he can. So if he wants to leave go ahead, leaving the biggest wrestling, excuse me, I mean multi media company in the world would likely be a huge mistake on his part. The pay cheques only get smaller from here.

Backyarder

Status

If he can still get a good payday and it makes him happier, I don't see why not. There isn't much room for everyone to succeed in the wwe or wrestling for that matter. Theres a big line of wrestlers just waitng for a push.

His stronger points are his wrestling, if he goes to TNA he can continue to showcase his in-ring ability. However, he 's likely to be stuck in the X-Division. Not that its a bad thing.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Kofi is one the top 5 most over faces right now....so why would they want to let him go or keep him off of TV?

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

The question is should he leave, not should be released or kept off the air.

He shouldn't leave, unless he's got some serious beef with the WWE that can't be worked out. If he goes to another promotion, he loses tons of exposure and probably quite a few dollars as well.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I love how some people are talking about this like Kofi has said he wants to leave. This is a hypothetical question people, never mind a stupid one. Kofi is in the Money In The Bank, and he's easily a favourite.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I don't have an exact quote for it but I've seen it mentioned on another site (quoted from the WO) that Kingston is being kept off of the card because he pissed Orton off earlier in the year by getting up too quick from an RKO.
    He is in the Money in the Bank match. Is this what you call being left off the card?

CONSPIRACY THEORIES ABOUND!

Kofi is one of the greatest United States champions of all time, and one of the best wrestlers to come into the WWE in the past 5 years. His feud with Orton primed him for a main event run and he IMHO is one of the top contenders to take MITB this year along with Christian and Drew. Keep your IWC newsboard propaganda in your head, where it doesn't infect the rest of the forum.

Thread Information