Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Orton the perfect face?

Tommy Got Hacked

Is Orton the perfect face?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Is Orton the perfect face?

imo he is a better heel and I really get sick of "faces" that don't get along with anyone else and are loners...I really missed the days when the faces were faces and the heels were heels and the lines were clear...but that is just my opinion..i mean it is how it was when I was growing up and that is when I feel in love with wrestling so it always worked for me...

Tommy Got Hacked

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I was never a fan of Austin...at all...just didn't care for his gimmick at all....the only time I ever liked him is when he joined the WCW/ECW Invasion Team....sorry everyone that loves Austin

Tommy Got Hacked

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Now you see the Rock I loved....he was a face that acted like a face...he had attitude but he was allies with the other faces he didn't go around Rock Bottoming everyone he came in contact with...that was my biggest issue with the Austin era is that no matter who the face was no matter how much of a push they were getting or how over they were Austin would run into the ring stun the heel then stun the face..thus halting all said face's momentum and proving that he was king of the faces...

and I think a face can be a face and still have an attitude...take for instance The Pope he is a clear face...has tons of attitude..and helps out and teams with other faces...and gets along with them...he is the perfect face imo

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    I was never a fan of Austin...at all...just didn't care for his gimmick at all....the only time I ever liked him is when he joined the WCW/ECW Invasion Team....sorry everyone that loves Austin
    Orton isn't the perfect face I say, yet anyway, but he is the perfect heel to face transition. It is so great to know he isn't all lovey dubby and kept his character the FUCKING SAME! Not like Edge or even HHH sometimes(Sometimes because he can show a awesome mean streak like he does a heel). Orton is the ultimate transition.
    Last edited by CuttingEDGE; 03-16-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

ಠ_ಠ

Status

How could you NOT like Stone Cold as a face? He drank beer, beat his boss's ass, drank beer, gave the eagle to everyone, beat the shit out of everyone, created the most badass line in hisory, drank beer, and wasn't a kiss up. Hell, he would later on move on to beating his wife which earns him extra awesome points. Austin was and for always be the best babyface of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

WAKE UP

Status

Austin was a badass, Orton is just a dick who happens to get cheered.

Tommy Got Hacked

Underdog

Status

He just seems better set to be a heel. But maybe it could help to turn him face for awhile and see how it goes.
    Last edited by 96-99; 03-25-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Orton would be just an OK face, i think his an excellent heel. His in-ring mannerisms and whole aura is like a Jake the Snake promo just excellent. The Physcotic viper like demon he portrayed late end of last year is what he should stick with.

Even his very slow in-ring walk he used to do has been emulated by Drew Mac, and his own little set of moves beyond the r.k.o and kick. He is easily the best wrestler around today, if he sticks to the heel and just get darker with his promos (or maybe not) he will be a hall of famer for sure.

His potential blossomed very well, i know DiBiase and Rhodes are going to be great too.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I don't really like Orton from his spoiled 3rd generation status right down to his Diamond Cutter rip off finisher. This guy was forced down everyone's throat and it's taken this long for him to form a huge fan base since his start back in 02-03. I don't know why anyone likes him, it's so clear that he is trying to look like The Rock and act like Stone Cold.

The Rattle-uh I mean Viper.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DaRealHeadlinR View Post
    I don't really like Orton from his spoiled 3rd generation status right down to his Diamond Cutter rip off finisher. This guy was forced down everyone's throat and it's taken this long for him to form a huge fan base since his start back in 02-03. I don't know why anyone likes him, it's so clear that he is trying to look like The Rock and act like Stone Cold.

The Rattle-uh I mean Viper.
    I never really have cared much for orton either.
    Last edited by 96-99; 03-25-2010 at 05:14 PM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I think he would have worked as a face 10 years ago with his character I just dont think he is right for a face in the PG era.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Platinum View Post
    I know there has been other discussion on this in various threads, but do you believe Orton would be the perfect face Champion in WWE? For a while it has looked like he is going to turn and the match announced for next week's RAW would suggest this is the case. With the amount of boring cookie-cutter babyfaces in WWE nowadays, we need somebody with attitude. A badass face who doesn't play by the rules and is respected BECAUSE of that. Randy Orton just seems so perfect for this role.

Everytime I see Orton I think how great he could be as the "new Austin". He would have a very similar character if it was tweaked to be a face, but he would also give it his own unique twist. I think it's something a lot of people would love to see and he would get INSANELY over with it, but its just a question of whether WWE are willing to create another Austin-esque badass character considering the PG rating.

Thoughts?
    He certainly has a perfect face. Very sexy.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

He's not a face in my opinion. He's the perfect tweener though. He's a vicious bastard that overcomes the odds and will RKO anything that moves in order to win matches and Titles. That's fine by me.

Status

Orton as a face reminds me of Jake Roberts as a face in certain ways. He can be a fan favorite & a good guy but still do some underhanded things or what "needs to be done", all while facing his own "demons" or "voices".

Austin was a good face, but I loved him more as a heel. His character and story line where he turned on the WWF and joined the alliance was my favorite.

You're My Wonderwall

Status

I wouldn't exactly say that he's the perfect face, but he's certainly very entertaining as a face. Thankfully, he hasn't changed his character at all, just changed how the fans feel about him which is what should happen in face/heel turns. Personally, I've loved Orton since he turned face. Such an interesting face character given the cookie-cutter faces that we've been spoon fed for who knows how long. Plus it's easy to mark out when Orton is in his comeback phase.

Tommy Got Hacked

Thread Information