Thread: The WWE should bring back the TV title

On Vacation

Status

The WWE should bring back the TV title

The WWE should bring back the TV title and let all the NXT and other up and coming stars go for that title. It could be defended on superstars, and also maybe have the TV title always be the first match on RAW and the PPVs.

I think it would be a good way to give a young star a push

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The WWE should bring back the TV title

What TV title? The WCW World Television title? Rename it the WWE TV title and put it on NXT? That might be a good idea.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hall View Post
    What TV title? The WCW World Television title? Rename it the WWE TV title and put it on NXT? That might be a good idea.

Yes, the wcw tv title but just call it the WWE tv title or even NXT tv title.

Just something to let the NXT and young talent like Evan Borne go for instead of jobbing left and right. I think those matches would be really good since most of them can actually wrestle.

Ratchet

Status

A NXt title may be good

But like the swarms of people who will come in if this isn't closed will say, the E' needs to priorotize their current belts before even thinking of making another title for either main show

Intercontinental Champion

Status

RAW and SD have enough belts as it is, and many of them are under utilized. The US, IC, and Tag belts serve as that purpose, and right now rarely are.

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

NXT isn't about them having a championship. They have to get signed to a contract before they can even think about a title (that's how the TV show works). It's sort of a tough enough, but it's on TV and it looks exactly like the other shows only with rookies, and a different color stage.

No titles, please. Let the rookies focus on getting their shit together first.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

WWE doesn't need anymore championships. They already have their fair share of belts.

The only reason I'd support the introduction of a new belt would be if they brought in a title exclusive to the Superstars TV Show. Despite the fact that Superstars isn't its own brand, it would give the show a bit of a purpose and also allow an illusion of importance to be placed around what goes on there.
    lol?

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

I believe having a Superstars specific belt would actually hurt what Superstars is great at: Showing off the talent that WWE doesn't care to show on the televised brand shows. Superstars delivers more quality matches than RAW does, and at times even more than Smackdown does. Throwing a belt into the mix would seriously dilute the show, as it would probably put the WWE's most underutilized talent off the air completely.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedestroyer View Post
    WWE doesn't need anymore championships. They already have their fair share of belts.

The only reason I'd support the introduction of a new belt would be if they brought in a title exclusive to the Superstars TV Show. Despite the fact that Superstars isn't its own brand, it would give the show a bit of a purpose and also allow an illusion of importance to be placed around what goes on there.
    Totally agree. It's not about a brand, but just to give the show itself a focus. The title is only for the show and allows whoever holds it to get some "main events". Possibly there could be some perks to holding the TV or Superstars title. It's something that could develop mid card feuds and interest. I really think it would be a great idea.

That being said I feel their are too many belts. Lose the US Title and just make one set of tag team belts for both main shows. Have the IC title holder have to defend against challengers from both shows, on the title holders home brand. The show without the IC champ has to establish a contender to go and try and get it for their brand. That would bring back the IC Title to the prestige it deserves.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah, no new titles please. It already looks like both the IC and US Titles are not going to be defended at Mania, yet again. What is the point, just get rid of them if you have no plans for them.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

No, there is too many titles in WWE right now already.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    us=United States

It's just ... nowadays ... the titles seem to have no prestige unless they're called "WWE Championship" or "World Heavyweight Championship". Even the intercontinental championship doesn't mean what it used to. Back in the day, there were fierce feuds over those smaller titles, something that's sorely missed nowadays.

I enjoyed WCW in the late 90's ... how they'd put on a show no matter what championship was involved. It'd be nice to see that kind of attitude and showmanship nowadays.

But I doubt it'll happen. I can see the US Title for sure being taken out after not long.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I would much rather see the "Global" or "Legends" championship in TNA be turned into the new Television title.

Another Rob Van Dam TV title streak anyone??? :D

Jobber

Status
      Country                    us=United States

That's actually not a bad idea, especially once you consider ... like you mentioned ... RVD now on TNA ... the Global would be a fine transition :p

Thread Information