Thread: Vance Archer - The Real Casualty of NXT

Vance Archer - The Real Casualty of NXT

With ECW being off of the air for over two episodes, we've seen most of the wrestlers either head towards Raw or SD. The only exceptions would be Hurricane (Fired), Tyler Reks, Kozlov (Who wrestled a dark match before Raw IIRC) and Vance Archer. Currently, Archer doesn't even have his profile on another brand's roster page. For a guy who came in with such a good push, he seemed destined to be a future ECW champion. In fact, I wouldn't have been surprised if he would have won the title before Summerslam. Now, the man who was destined to be a champion has his push come to a screeching stop and looks to have lost his spot on the main roster.

So, is Archer the biggest casualty of ECW folding? Anyone disappointed that this has happened?

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

Re: Vance Archer - The Real Casualty of NXT

I think they're building up to it. Maybe repackaged on RAW.

Right now, with Mania coming, someone they're so high on you can understand it. What can they do with him? Everyone's busy, and it seems too late to do anything with him at Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikov View Post
    I think they're building up to it. Maybe repackaged on RAW.

Right now, with Mania coming, someone they're so high on you can understand it. What can they do with him? Everyone's busy, and it seems too late to do anything with him at Mania.
    Well, compare Archer with Ezekiel Jackson. Both guys received pretty big pushes at the end of ECW. While Archer hasn't been placed on a brand or had any matches, Jackson is now on SD and has had a few squashes to build himself back up. Even though Jackson doesn't have anything going in terms of a feud or a match at Wrestlemania, the WWE has proven that they still care about him. Archer hasn't received any sort of treatment like that.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Honestly, I can see Archer getting released in the not too distant future. To me, it seemed like the crowd didn't really react to him, which certainly can't help WWE's opinion of him.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

His move from ECW is certainly going to set him back, and I do agree that that he was most likely to dethrone Christian on the brand as well (well, other than Zeke...obviously). However, I don't think of it as a casualty. Even if ECW were still in existence, one could argue he wouldn't be much better off on one of the lowest rated WWE programmes. If they used Superstars properly, they could really do a lot of good with the whole "Free Agent" gimmick. Have Teddy Long, William Regal and Vicki Guerrero and various other empowered GM types or managerials survey his work from the rampway and show interest in him as he squashes somebody, kinda like how ROH is currently building up Rasche Brown.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Don't think anyone cared about him to begin with.

Status

I wasn't big on Archer, but I think there was some potential there. The generic big man will always have a place in the WWE, if they are capable of putting on a decent match. Between ECW and FCW, it seemed like he could do that.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Established Veteran

Status

I don't think Archer will land a Roster spot. I think that the biggest lose from the ECW folding was Abraham Washington. That guy was great.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Deonte View Post
    I think that the biggest lose from the ECW folding was Abraham Washington. That guy was great.
    Are you kidding? All he is, is a rip off of Hanging with Mr. Cooper, who wasn't funny either, or talented.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    uk=United Kingdom

You forgot Abraham Washington :P

He's back in FCW incidently
    Last Chance To Save The Rainbow!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Really if you think about it, anyone not named "Ezekiel Jackson", "Shelton Benjamin", or Christian has been casualties of ECW folding, seeing as they've at least found a credible spot on a roster. Just because guys like Ryder, Tatsu, Regal (for some fucking reason), Kozlov, and The Dudebuster have been put on other brands or put on TV doesn't mean much. They've been put in situations where it seems like they could be easily forgotten, and in the process, easily dropped.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Dudebusters are my favorite. I want them to win tag team gold. Maybe separate the unified tag team championships so they at least have a chance in the world.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Widmore View Post
    Well, compare Archer with Ezekiel Jackson. Both guys received pretty big pushes at the end of ECW. While Archer hasn't been placed on a brand or had any matches, Jackson is now on SD and has had a few squashes to build himself back up. Even though Jackson doesn't have anything going in terms of a feud or a match at Wrestlemania, the WWE has proven that they still care about him. Archer hasn't received any sort of treatment like that.
    That's exactly it. Zeke's gone to Smackdown because he HAD to. He was the ECW champion meaning he had somewhat instant momentum. Even then that's been done badly.

Vance can either wait and go to Smackdown, or go to RAW. Too late now. I think you may be wrong about "caring" though. He may be around on a big one after Mania.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'm real surprised that Abe wasn't given anything.

Yeah but I thought this guy died from an overdose back in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by N. Quincy Talent View Post
    Really if you think about it, anyone not named "Ezekiel Jackson", "Shelton Benjamin", or Christian has been casualties of ECW folding, seeing as they've at least found a credible spot on a roster. Just because guys like Ryder, Tatsu, Regal (for some fucking reason), Kozlov, and The Dudebuster have been put on other brands or put on TV doesn't mean much. They've been put in situations where it seems like they could be easily forgotten, and in the process, easily dropped.
    You're completely right about those others may not be in a spot where their job is safe, but they at least have the opportunity to fight for their job by putting up good performances on TV. Currently, Archer hasn't been getting that. The longer he's off of TV, the less people will care when/if he comes back.

Thread Information