Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are WWE competing?

Tommy Got Hacked

Are WWE competing?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Are WWE competing?

I disagree. I don't feel Vince sees them as a threat but non the less he is competing with them. He's going to want to squash them. I agree that he wanted Bret before but he pushed it through to get him on that Monday to compete with TNA's live Monday. Hell, Vince is even considering three hour Raws. It should be interesting TV once again.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Status

I don't think the WWE are that worried at this point. I think they start to get worried if TNA pulls decent ratings on Monday nights and/or begins to negatively affect Raw's ratings.

I didn't see the appearance of Bret Hart as the WWE trying to outdo TNA back in January. Like you said, it was something they had worked on for a long time and I doubt the timing of it was that intentional. If the WWE was determined to pull out all the stops to bring in as many viewers as possible, there are a number of ways they coudl do it. A multi-brand supershow with PPV-caliber matches that are announced ahead of times would be the easiest. They did nothing of the sort in January, and don't seem to be now. When they start to take that approach, then I'll believe they are trying to outdo TNA.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

They definitely are, they are not worried at all and vince is taking them as a joke but with him wrestling at mania and not being in the ring for a while having him wrestle before mania is kind of a waste and I doubt they will be doing it without tna, Vince is trying to demolish them right of the bat.

dxanman

I have to agree with the notion that Vince isn't worried about TNA moving to Monday nights unless they start having an effect on the ratings. It might have an impact as soon as tonight... or it might never happen.

Status

If anything I think WWE is stepping it up for Wrestlemania like every year. They always seem to put on the heat at this point.

Status

It's not a competition unless Vince McMahon or Jeff Jarrett says so.

I love to see another war between two wrestling shows once again, to make wrestling watchable for both shows, to bring out the big guns, to promote outrageous promos, the works. BUT, since both shows suck, entertainment-wise, it won't matter until we see a breakout character that can take the show to a different direction that can attract wrestling fans.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

Intercontinental Champion

Status

If WWE was concerned about TNA, it would be doing way more than having Undertaker in the opening segment or moving Bret Hart up a week or two. This is not about TNA, this is about Wrestlemania coming.

Jobber

Status

I think the WWE are keeping TNA on their radar but I have seen no real evidence yet of them being scared by TNA.

I mean last night was just a normal show.

On Vacation

Status

I think the WWE knows exactly where TNA is, has people monitoring and watching them very closely. I think WWE has contingency plans if TNA begun to take off (which by the product since Jan 4th should never happen)

Are the WWE competing? I would say they are more worried about building Mania. I think the WWE could buy and sell TNA from a financial stand point, and that alone makes TNA little threat. The difference between WCW and WWE is that they had awesome funds.

Think of it like this. TNA takes off huge. The WWE offer all the guys making it happen triple money in the WWE. How long would they last then? >.>

Tommy Got Hacked

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Saviour View Post
    I think the WWE knows exactly where TNA is, has people monitoring and watching them very closely. I think WWE has contingency plans if TNA begun to take off (which by the product since Jan 4th should never happen)

Are the WWE competing? I would say they are more worried about building Mania. I think the WWE could buy and sell TNA from a financial stand point, and that alone makes TNA little threat. The difference between WCW and WWE is that they had awesome funds.

Think of it like this. TNA takes off huge. The WWE offer all the guys making it happen triple money in the WWE. How long would they last then? >.>
    Number one i think you are underestimating Vince Mcmahon ego, plus I don't think they would push any tna original guy just because he would give them some credibility and I say angle RVD Hardy all the still awesome big money guys the WWE wants who could be around for a while I bet they make just as much or very close to what they would of made in the wwe and works a whole hell of a lot less. IMO if they can stay at the same level of last nights show I think there finally showing promise, last night was the first time I can honestly say besides two segments I enjoyed Tna a lot more wwe last night. I also think they made alot of effort to make sure this was HOgans last time, and that hes not there to wrestle.

Underdog

Status

After last night, I would have said the WWE is not even thinking about them very much. But Stone Cold geust hosting next week seems too show that they are, at least a little.
    Last edited by 96-99; 03-09-2010 at 05:34 PM.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by 96-99 View Post
    After last night, I would have said the WWE is not even thinking about them very much. But Stone Cold geust hosting next week seems too show that they are, at least a little.
    Pretty sure Austin was booked to host before TNA went to monday nights

Anyway at this moment in time my guess would be that all the WWE is worrying about is putting on a good Wrestlemania and making a good return on that. WWE know that TNA are nowhere near their level atm but they will be watching them closely from here on out.

Underdog

Status

[QUOTE=CGS;1176738]Pretty sure Austin was booked to host before TNA went to monday nights

Did not know that but they may have known around the time TNA was going to debut on Mondays and booked him for then. But they know tna is there but probably not worried about competing with them right now.

Tommy Got Hacked

Curtain Jerker

Status

Competition is good. It will make them both better.

Heel Champion

Status

WWE may have had been in talks with Bret for a long time before his return, but I doubt its coincidence that they chose to have him return on TNAs live show.

Are WWE competing? At this stage, not really because there's such a difference between the two companies. I'd think competition only works when the two companies are on the same page, WWE has no reason to compete, it's already 10 times better than TNA in terms of size, public image, ratings, etc. However, I do believe WWE seems them as a threat, even if it is a small one. I mean, wasn't there an incident a while back when WWE cancelled a TNA house show or something? Why would they do that if they hadn't seen them as a threat.

WWE may be making changes not necessarily to compete with TNA, but to keep their company on top and push TNA further down while they've got the chance. And of course, there is the possibility that it's all just to hype WrestleMania. Only time will really tell.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I think Tommy hit the nail on the head. If they are still having quality raws post-Mania then that will be the deciding factor but theres no way TNA isnt on Vince's radar a little bit. Bret hosting the week he did was no coincidence at all.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by matjunkie1 View Post
    Competition is good. It will make them both better.
    but competition for the sake of competition is just a bunch of people fooling themselves. Let's get GOOD competition against the WWE. TNA clearly is not that. Time for the company to step aside and let someone else compete.

Thread Information