Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face Orton or Face Edge?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Face Orton or Face Edge?

Which one of these face turns are you intruiged and facsinated by the most? Which face turn do you think will produce better results?

Personally, I can't buy into any of these guys being face after the company heading heel runs these guys had that defined a persona I belive both cannot counter from.

What do you prefer, though?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

Re: Face Orton or Face Edge?

Personally, I like Orton's face turn more because I feel he can maintain his attitude as a face. EDGE however needs to be the cheating, ultimate opportunistic, Rated R Superstar IMO.

Stud Muffin

Status

I am terrified of a full fledged Orton. I really hope the make him nothing more than a tweener that rarely plays to the crowd but rather feeds off the pops without pandering to the crowd.

Face Edge on the other hand is completely refreshing and he deserves a title run with some clean wins. He played the underhanded heel better than almost anyone else could, but it was dragging his resume down that so many wins came down in shady ways.

So in conclusion, give me face Edge first please.

Btw, who are the heels going to be on Raw now?

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Yeah, although how it was done was dumb, Orton becoming a face can still give him the opportunity to play a badass-type character. Just to a couple of limits. More than Edge can do, really.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Bangin' It.

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I am terrified of a full fledged Orton. I really hope the make him nothing more than a tweener that rarely plays to the crowd but rather feeds off the pops without pandering to the crowd.
    I agree with this. Orton not playing with the crowd still gives him the great bad ass character he has. I don't want him to be fan friendly.
    Nothings better than simplicity.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Face Orton will be massively more successful than face Edge so long as they keep Orton's personality heelish which is basically what they have been doing in this Legacy feud.

I haven't been watching much Smackdown as of late, but Edge hasn't intrigued me at all. I'm an Edge fan, but especially as a face he hasn't done much to get me to care about him.
    lol?

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Satan View Post
    I agree with this. Orton not playing with the crowd still gives him the great bad ass character he has. I don't want him to be fan friendly.
    Well, it really didn't take that long for the fans to give him a good pop last night.
    -------
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

I think that neither one of them will be able to do it well. However, Edge is the fresher guy right now because we didnt see him for 5/6months. Edge has also had a very sucsessful run as a face in the past, as Orton was lost in the crowd as a face. So, better for business, Edge.

WAKE UP

Status

Both are equally annoying as still by-all-rights act like heels.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Edge fucking blows as a face so hell no! I'll give Orton a chance but mostof the time Edge is on the screen, I want to headbutt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

On Vacation

Status

Edge. Orton as a heel has a lot more longevity imo. Face Edge has been a nice change of pace, and I think he is 'good' at it. But it is getting repetitive. A lot of stuff Edge gets he end's up doing again and again. He used the same heel promo formula for like 3 years, but then again, so does everyone. I think the problem was that others change it up a bit to be more current, while Edge was stuck in the same heel place for a long time.

Face Edge is good for now, but long term, he would need a credible heel to mess with him, to justify his continued face position. Its not like Cena, who is face forever. Edge needs to either have a reason to be a face, or go back to his natural heel. Im not that big a fan of this Jericho feud because Edge is booked so in control. It should be the other way around, we had years of his heel run where he was pulling the strings...

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Yeah, I see Edge having another transitional reign if he wins as Wrestlemania. He's pretty unappealing right now, and how he has been a face since returning makes his title match Mania feel like a mid card match.
    -------
    Spoiler:

ಠ_ಠ

Status

I think Jericho should actually retain at Mania in my opinion unless Edge shows something besides the generic spearing at the end of every match. I would love to see Jericho feud with Rey after Mania and I think I wouldn't mind Rey winning the world title from him. Then again, the big thing Edge would have in on his reign would be a CM Punk feud but that can easily be a non title feud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Established Veteran

Status

Orton, because he doesn't try and make the crows like him. And he got as a Face because of the Legacy situation. Orton still has his Viper persona. Edge on the other hand came back from injury and people loved him. Also this feud with Jericho (Which people dislike Jericho) boost his Face-ness.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

If I have to pick, it would be Edge, simply because Orton is a cool heel and I like that. If he even goes partially face, he loses some of that coolness about him. And I agree with Silver. that they need to have Jericho take more control in this feud to make it more important.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Yeah, but it can't be all on Jericho to make Edge a passable face. And that seems like the only thing barely passing Edge for a face.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Bangin' It.

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Edge being a face at this moment and time would feel wrong. After the way Edge's character has been developed around(Cheating, opportunistic, hairdo-part of his appearance , etc). As a fan watching for awhile I wouldn't buy it because I've watched Edge for such a long time be a low down pussy-like heel.
    Nothings better than simplicity.

Squash Fodder

Status

Face Orton would be absolutely stunning if they had him play something with just a tinge of Jake Roberts and or Raven in it from a psychological point of view. Not light enough to be a true face, but at the same time so dark and interesting he can't help but be cheered for.

Edge seems like too much of a pandering jackass for me. I like Edge as a wrestler and I like the base of his promo work a lot, I just find since the Rumble his work has had too much of a " Cena " undertone about it. I would love him even more if he just went out and did the work without seemingly begging for adulation.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Hate face Edge, in my opinion it just looks wrong. As far as Orton is concerned, him being a face would work as long as his character stays the same and doesn't start sucking up to the crowd, just have him exactly the same but fueding with heels.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I like Randy Orton's Face turn and storyline better than Edge's face turn and storyline. Edge's turn seemed to be done for the lone fact that he got injured. I HIGHLY doubt that he would have turned if he wasn't injured while having Chris Jericho as a tag team partner.

Randy Orton's turn seems to be planned because they had many things leading to it. Even months back there were still signs of Legacy's break up. Randy Orton's face character is better than Edge's character because Edge changed TOO much. He has none of his heel signs and that makes a face look corny. Randy Orton is still maintaining that attitude he had as a face.

Thread Information