Thread: The Miz 'is' Awesome

On Vacation

Status

The Miz 'is' Awesome

I would like to put a statement out there for discussion.

"Outside CM Punk and Christian, the Miz is the best mid card/ upper mid card wrestler"

I include upper mid card, because I think he is good enough to rival anyone under that unberalla.

When the Miz debuted into the WWE, he received mostly hate. He was awful in the ring, his mik skills were 'okay', but his character was annoying, and mostly awful. Honestly, nothing was really likeable about him. He was even hated, on some report's in the locker room. Basically, he did not have many believers in him, or his future.

Today, the Miz is, in my opinion, a crucial part of the show, and an amazing mid card/ upper mid card wrestler. Here is a guy who is so into his character, that his promo's are generally, for the better part, flawless. A lot of people still are irked by his promo's and catch phrase, which is a good thing, considering that is it's desired effect. The Miz has become one of the most reliable and consistant talker's in the entire WWE. So much so, that the debut of NXT was largely riding on his composure and performance. Which honestly, was amazingly good.

Miz's ring work, which started off below average, has become very very strong. Honestly, the Miz is far more consistant in TV matche's than Morrison, better than Ziggler though who is also very talented, and could overtake , better than Truth, Mcintyre, etc. He has proven how good a tag wrestler he can be a while ago, but his singles wrestling has come along mile's lately. His matches with MVP, though not great, or even good to some, were basically carried by Miz. He has become a strong enough worker to make a match work.

Honestly, I think this guy deserves some massive prop's. Here's a guy who came from nothing to a solid, strong, reliable at worst, and great at best, worker and performer. CM Punk is infront of him, for obvious reason's, being the best, or close to, thing in the E this year. Christian is a cut above near everyone in wrestling tbh. Outside that, what do you think? Agree, Disagree?

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: The Miz 'is' Awesome

Agree. I use his catchphrase quite regularly and think he's one of the better heels wrestling has seen in a long time. I mean, he's got the Unified Tag belts and the U.S. belt, he's obviously doing something right. And I love that clothesline into the corner.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

WAKE UP

Status

The only part I'd disagree with is that I'd say Ziggler is a better wrestler than him (dude got a good match out of Kane).

Otherwise the guy is a real asset to the company right now. I mean he's tag champ, US champ, top guy on NXT and
    Spoiler:

main eventing Smackdown vs Edge

It's really hard to deny him.

Who's next?

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

The Miz ' is ' Awful

No Joke

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    The Miz ' is ' Awful

No Joke
    I laughed.

The Franchise is Back!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

I like the Miz because we have seen him come from a hated nobody to a quality worker in the years in the company. Most new wrestler already have the talent before hand and just never progress. With Miz couple years ago would of never looked good in the ring against MVP. Now MVP doesent look good in the ring with the Miz. I think WWE did a good job at building him up without knowing it

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I'm not a fan of the miz at all but I'm not one of these picky wrestling fans I'm just happy to see someone on a good flow upwards and getting a a nice constant push and hopefully within 4 or 5 months he can be main eventing, and actually be believable with a nice push.

Just to reiterate just because I'm not a fan don't mean i don't like him just other guys i would prefer be pushed is all

Established Veteran

Status

I have liked the Miz for a long time, even when he was wrestling independents, but yes he has improved alot since he first started wrestling. I would put him and Ziggler in that list with Punk, Rey and Christian.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

When he first debuted and even after a few years, he really bugged me, because he didn't seem all that talented and was quite annoying. Things have changed dramatically since then, and even though he isn't my favourite, he is quite enjoyable to watch now. His biggest improvement in definitely is ring work, which before that last 6 or 7 months, was quite poor, but now is pretty good.

His "I'm Awesome" catchphrase, is great because it is simple and makes a lot of people hate him, which is what heels are supposed to be all about.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Vintage Orton

Status

Really!? Haha I think Miz is amazing, his mic skills are quality and he just loves to be hated. His new association with Big Show has upped his level to more of a main personality/superstar on Raw and he now has a legion of fans including myself.

The Chaos Theory

Status

He's Amazing!

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

The guy has come a long way, and I respect his willingness to learn and improve.

I don't think he's THERE in the ring yet.

He's above and beyond the best entertainer out of the new talent. He knows how to stand out and get over.

So long as he is handled right, and there are two World Belts; he'll be World Champion one day.
    lol?

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I just think it's humorous that the one guy in this thread that said the Miz sux has a picture of Scott Steiner as his avatar...

Miz is awesome and really it's impressive that he went from The Real World to WWE US Champion in 6 or 7 years....it shows that he isn't afraid to put in the hard work to achieve his dreams...kudos...

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Now scott steiner was one of greatest tag teams and in ring wrestlers of all time. He was a heavyweight over 250 doing a picture perfect hurricarana almost every time. Then took a generic image with the steiner brothers and created one of the most intriguing gimmicks of the late 90's, he might be over the hill and breaking down but he was one of the best for near 15 years. He was better than the miz in his prime in the ring and on the mic.

Its jsut a ludacris statement your comparing a 29 year old average in ring worker , above average mic worker to a ncaa wrestler with great in ring skills, titles up the wazoo and was over everywhere he went, not to mention one of the best tag lines ever---- Big Poppa Pump is your hook up holla if yeah hear me

I know some of what I said is somewhat repeated but the comment is so silly I felt some repetition was needed just for emphasis
    Last edited by spins40; 03-05-2010 at 06:45 PM.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

The Scott Steiner that was awesome died when Big Poppa Roids came into effect....his in ring ability got worse and worse throughout the years....and I didn't compare him to Miz at all....

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Ok I thought you were and i know he was on roids but i was watching an old clash from like 91 and i specifically looked at his arms and he was pretty huge back then. Alot of people say it was the roids that made him fell off but I loved him in wcw at the end( the only bright spot i thought) I didn't think he fell off till 03 and his feud with trips in wwe and he was entering his forties then and with all the juice / pill poppers from the 90's and 80's dead I think it is pretty amazing he is still able to walk around never mind wrestle.

During the MEM feud he was reported of not being even able to walk backstage but still came out and gave it all for the fans and even started popping of frankensteiners again. It;s just a piss off for me when people get on the older guys who legitimately gave Everything to this business, and when there in there 40's which is not old in the grand scheme of things and want to keep working people get on there case hardcore, if they can get a job all the power to them.

IMO guys who currently can wrestle until they die in the ring if they want: HOgan flair steiner sting edge trips micheals taker angle foley ( I don;t think cena orton or any of the newer guys have earned that yet, the only reason I inclde edge is because he has been around since 97 and sacrificed his body and life in those tlc matches for the fans) and of course jericho

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I get what your saying...we all have our opinions it's all good...

Intercontinental Champion

Status

The Miz 'is' Awful. that's my take on him.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Yeah...I'm not sure why everyone loves the Miz. His mic skills are good, but he comes off as completely rehearsed. Macho Man, for example, was awesome on the Mic and came across as completely crazy. The Miz is so clearly acting.

He should be a manager. He can do about 4 moves. He has a running kick and a running clothesline after that it's chinlocks and headlocks. Other than about 3 inches and about 30 lbs he's Santino without the charm.

I wouldn't mind the Miz if he were a midcarder, but they just about can't pile any more gold on him.

Thread Information