Thread: Vader in the hall of fame

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Vader in the hall of fame

With the induction of Antonio Anoki in the hall of fame i think it raises questions about whether or not vader is worthy. I think he is, in the world of professional wrestling he was a multiple world champion on all 5 continents multiple times in japan and the US. Was a huge tag wrestler in japan, then when he joined wcw he was one of the main reasons they were able to compete with the wwe, by giving sting someone to fight with and stayed top guy for 6 or 7 years. Then he joined the wwe and was the top heel for a year and a half which honestly was towards the end of his prime but still had a real quality feud with HBK.

Then in the real world he was a top draw always sold out arenas where ever he went, really changed what we thought of big men and how they wrestled worldwide. Plus to my knowledge he was a very stiff worker but had a very good reputation for not injuring guys in the ring.

The only reason not to put him in there was his lack of world title success in the wwe but with the induction of all these wrestling greats that had little to no contact with the wwe I think it if he isnt inducted in the next 5 or 6 years it will be a glowing omition.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Vader in the hall of fame

Quote Originally Posted by spins40 View Post
    Plus to my knowledge he was a very stiff worker but had a very good reputation for not injuring guys in the ring.
    Actually, I believe he broke a local jobber's back, and I think he busted Mick Foley's nose too.

But anyway, I figure if Koko B Ware can get in, basically anyone who's won a few belts should get in.

Status

Favorite Vader moment... the eyeball match with Stan Hansen.

With Koko in there, almost anyone is fair game for a chance. Hell, Vader's eyeball deserves a shot.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Vader's probably the best fat man ever so obviously he deserves it.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

To the koko comment every hall of fame has people in it who most people think shouldn't be. Baseball hockey basketball etc.. it's only with the wwe there are so few people in it koko stands out glaringly. Although i don't think he should be in it, it doesn't bother me very much mainly because hes the only one out of everyone in it that shouldn't be, especially since vince has inducted a lot of people who haven't even be in the wwe.

I've said it before the only thing about the wwe hall of fame thats horrible and disgraceful is macho man not being there he should of been number 3 right behind hogan and vince senior.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by spins40 View Post
    To the koko comment every hall of fame has people in it who most people think shouldn't be. Baseball hockey basketball etc.. it's only with the wwe there are so few people in it koko stands out glaringly. Although i don't think he should be in it, it doesn't bother me very much mainly because hes the only one out of everyone in it that shouldn't be, especially since vince has inducted a lot of people who haven't even be in the wwe.

I've said it before the only thing about the wwe hall of fame thats horrible and disgraceful is macho man not being there he should of been number 3 right behind hogan and vince senior.
    I think Koko is constantly mentioned because it reinforces the simple fact that the WWE Hall of Fame lacks any semblence of legitimacy. Unlike most other Hall of Fames, it has no real criteria. Its not voted on by some select group of experts or has any universal standard applied to determine eligibility. Did you do something - anything - of note in pro wrestling, preferrably the WWWF/WWF/WWE? Check. On good terms with Vinnie Mac? Check. Will you show up for the ceremony? Check. Okay, youre in.

Basically, that lack of any legitimacy as an "instituation" makes such discussions relatively redundent. Because you can honestly make an arguement for almsot anyone to be in there, based on who has been iducted. Yeah, there are some great names who did great things. There are also some iffy names who might be fondly remembered, but who's contibutions were hardly that notable. Koko B. Ware is just one. Names like Big John Studd, Nikolai Volkoff, even the Iron Sheik make it questionable. They are workers I remember fondly from my early days as a fan, but the criteria that gets them in hardly makes it elite.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

WWWYKI!

Status
      Country                    uk_wales=Wales

WCW era Vader legitimately scared me when I was a kid, fantastic monster heel. He could put on an exceptional match and draw.. why not induct him?

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

With the ammount of times he's appeared on DVD over the past year or so, I'd say Vader is very well respected within WWE. Certainly enought to be an inducted on the part of the HOF that doesn't air on TV.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Thread Information