Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT Season 1 Discussion

Mid-Card Champion

Status

WWE NXT how long should it be and other thoughts!

I was just wondering what people are thinking about this show. In my opinion i think its a great idea and can have a good chance of taking off because top wrestlers will be showcased more often than polished mic workers. I would just like it to be at least 2 hours, I just think that in the last decade there hasn't been a successful wrestling show that was an hour. I don't think it's long enough to tell a engaging story and people just don't get interested. Especially if it will primarily be wrestlers who will not be on any other programming and if ratings is what they want I think they get more with a 2 hour show than one.

Mrs. Giant

Status
    one girl, i drove through 3 states wearing her head as a hat

Re: WWE NXT how long should it be and other thoughts!

My dvr says 1 hour of NXT is just fine.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

At least two hours? Lol...

It's basically been confirmed to be one hour anyway, if it's replacing ECW.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by spins40 View Post
    I just think that in the last decade there hasn't been a successful wrestling show that was an hour. I don't think it's long enough to tell a engaging story and people just don't get interested.

How can you say this? ECW was hugly successful. It launched Punk, Kofi, Sheamus and Morrison among others way faster than they would have been without it. It provided awesome wrestling, diverse TV, with Christian getting a chance to headline a show, as well as Hardy. It was a huge improving ground for Henry, and Benjimen.

I dont get how you say this Spins. ECW was a one hour show to make/develop new stars and wrestling. It succeeded on every level. Kofi is a strong spot on Raw, Sheamus WWE Champion, Punk, a pivitol part of SD and upper mid carder, Morrison is getting pushed hard, no doubt much faster due to his development in ECW.

As for NXT. I say go exactly the same route.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

If you asked the wwe they would say no hence the cancelling of it, maybe in your opinion but what matters is ratings and thats one thing ecw never got.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by spins40 View Post
    If you asked the wwe they would say no hence the cancelling of it, maybe in your opinion but what matters is ratings and thats one thing ecw never got.

ECW isnt about getting big ratings. It is a development like brand. The WWE was never trying to make it a huge draw, hence the stream of young new talent and new pushes and experimentation. You do realise Spins, NXT is going to be pretty similar to ECW, just not called and branded "ECW".

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

Initially, there will be about 5 people on the roster.

So 1 hour is fine.

I'm looking forward to the debut of this.

Sweet Meat

Status

Why five people? O.O

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

Well I don't imagine many will start out there.

They'll arrive slowly as it goes on.

I don't know, predicting that it's the same size as ECW (which I'm pretty sure has like 10 wrestlers on) it'll probably start out with that, growing over the next weeks.

Sweet Meat

Status

Does anyone even know what NXT will be? Because they call it something with a season, I've heard rumors of it being like ECW and I've heard rumors of it being like Tough Enough.

If it's like ECW it could still have Yoshi Tatsu, Croft, Baretta, Vance Archer, Zack Ryder and keep Tiffany, Rosa, Abe, Mathews, Byron, and Savannah.

edit:
    WWE's new "NXT" show that will replace the ECW TV show is expected to heavily focus on the current Florida Championship Wrestling developmental roster to create new stars that will eventually reach the Raw or Smackdown rosters.

FCW shed more light on the NXT show in a press release today announcing details on Friday night's show featuring an appearance by Edge. (Read the report on Bryan Danielson headlining Friday night.)

FCW said: "With speculation rife regarding the imminent debut of WWE’s new television show ‘WWE-NXT,’ all FCW Superstars
    are sure to be at their best as they attempt to impress top brass in WWE and secure spots on the new show’s roster. And with Edge watching over the evening’s proceedings, the stakes have never been higher."

Edge's in-character quote in the press release also shed more light on the purpose of the NXT show: "In a couple of years, the majority of the Superstars you see on the show this Friday will have been drafted up to Raw or Smackdown, so I suppose it is also a great opportunity for me to get the scoop on who I’m going to be facing down the line."
    Last edited by Hollywood Dook; 02-10-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

So does that mean that it will have no permanent roster, but will cycle in guys from FCW, in which case, lame.

Sweet Meat

Status

I think it's just a documentary style thing on FCW talents. Not even a brand.

I hope that's not it.

Spoiler:

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I could see them doing like a NXT draft thing. Where Raw and Smackdown do an NFL type of draft.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    uk=United Kingdom

I'm really looking forward to NXT, it sounds interesting, different and exciting! Whatever it is, I think it'll be entertaining.

I'm pretty sure it wont be counted as a "brand", but it'll probably have a permanent roster and a championship.
    Last Chance To Save The Rainbow!

People's Champion

Status

What does NXT stand for?

Anyways....i think it should be a 30 minute show.

On Vacation

Status

NXT is, as far as I can tell, like next, as in the next superstars. They must have spelled it wrong for marketing.

WAKE UP

Status

from the WO

An update on the NXT idea. The show will debut on 2/23 in Milwaukee, meaning the ECW name dies, perhaps for good, on 2/16 in Kansas City. As of a week ago, Bryan Danielson and Kaval (Low Ki) were expected to be brought up and be the lead stars of the new concept Tuesday show. Don’t worry, with two weeks to go, it’ll change nine times. Concepts floated around include the interactive show, the reality show, the Sci-Fi storyline show and a conspiracy oriented show. I do know that writers in Hollywood have been contacted regarding a reality show within the past week, so that seems to be at least part of the direction. It’s also being listed that 2/23 is the beginning of season one, although most reality shows aren’t year-round without a break. One idea talked about seems to be a takeoff on Ultimate Fighter (which itself was a takeoff on Tough Enough), where they would do a reality show, build up personalities during the show to lead to a match during the show and deliver the match at the end of the show. The idea would be to use stars as coaches with the idea the stars will help draw the ratings, similar to the guest appearances by stars on Tough Enough. It was noted that Tough Enough’s winners came out of the show with a good deal of popularity but weren’t ready in most cases to perform. Instead, they’ve got people who have experience and are closer to being ready. The name NXT has been used by one or two small promotions around the world. A group in Scotland is making the most noise, noting their training school is called Scottish Wrestling Alliance NXT, a name they’ve used for four years. Peter Murphy, the owner of the promotion, said he’s yet to hear from WWE lawyers. Some form of a settlement is inevitable, as Murphy said, “Everyone at the Scottish Wrestling Alliance is honored that WWE have decided to name their latest product after SWA’s feeder program, NXT.” . . According to one person close to the situation, people are starting to raise questions about the series as it is currently formatted. They note that a show like Ultimate Fighter tapes and they go through the tape and edit months later before it airs, and it’s a very expensive show to produce. Doing that type of show on quick turnaround, particularly with the company producing six to nine hours of additional weekly television, will create issues. Added to that is Vince McMahon’s micro-managing and will want to approve of everything, because you never know what is said and done that he won’t like. So you’ll have three teams recording a ton of footage, some guy has to make sense of it even though they are following a script. “There’s no conceivable way this vision stays intact over the long haul,” was a prediction. Besides he expense, it’s going to be difficult the way their system operates and with their production capacity. The feeling is the first few weeks will start out strong, but slowly get watered down. Plus, debuting it during the highest pressure time of the year building Mania doesn’t help.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Basic B*tches

Status

See.. I think it CAN be a great idea if they bring up guys from FCW, showcase Danielson and Kaval as their stars, and guest appearances from some of the WWE regulars.. it could work. Do it like The Ultimate Fighter but obviously 100% scripted compared to UFC's show which is about 50% lol..

It'd do wonders to help elevate these guys before they move on to the big leagues and having "tournaments" is a nice way to push who you want. Obviously they need to use experienced guys from FCW and not novices.. because these people have to be tv-ready.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Saviour View Post
    NXT is, as far as I can tell, like next, as in the next superstars. They must have spelled it wrong for marketing.
    Thats what i thought too! but it was N.X.T

Sweet Meat

Status

That's just marketing. As of now it doesn't mean anything but next.

Spoiler:

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information