Thread: What defines a great manager?

Tommy Got Hacked

What defines a great manager?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Rising Above...

Status

Re: What defines a great manager?

I think you have to judge these things in their own contexts. I don’t believe there is one single thing that can define if a manager is great or not, nor do I think the same set of principles can be associated with tagging a manager as ‘great’.

One thing I do believe in, is judging them in the era they were most prominent. For instance I personally wouldn’t compare Ferguson with the likes of Clough, Shankley and Paisley. The era’s they manager are SO different. Attitudes to managers, and their working environments have changes so much. Back in those days they didn’t have the technology we have to assist them with their work. Nor do they have the finances to help them in player and staff recruitment. However the managers of yesteryear didn’t have to cope with the financial straits of maybe getting into the Champions League/Winning Promotion, and they also had more time in the job.

I’m sorry that I haven’t really answered the question, but I don’t think there can be any definitive set of characteristics that can be associated with a ‘great’ manager.

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: What defines a great manager?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Thread Information