Thread: Must See Sporting Events

Rising Above...

Status

Must See Sporting Events

Should probably have posted this a little bit earlier in the month, but hey ho!

Which sporting events do you instantly look up to put in the calendar when the new year/season begins?

Are there certain sporting events you look forward too each year, even though you don’t regularly follow that particular sport? (e.g. The Grand National)

Are there any particular fixtures you will look out for to make sure you catch it (on TV or in Person)?

If there are… then post them here!

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Must See Sporting Events

I have been to the last three Grand National's and hope to be there again this year, I also try and catch at least one Test match in England. I was pretty pissed off last year that the Ashes wasnt at Old Trafford so I got tickets for the two 20/twenty's there and both ended up being called off, I have tickets for the test match between England and Bangladesh at OT and the one day match against Australia at the same venue, hopefully I will get tickets for at least one day of the Australia vs Pakistan at Headingley.

Rising Above...

Status

Matches I try to get tickets too:

- Wales’ Autumn International Matches (I usually go to 3 out of the 4)
    - Wales’ Home 6 Nations Matches - I usually go to all the matches when we have 3 home games Scotland, France, Italy. And then in the years we have only 2 home matches I usually only go to one of England or Ireland.
    - Cardiff Blues away matches with the other Welsh Regions (Ospreys, Scarlets and Dragons). I’m a season ticket holder so I go to all the home matches, but these are realistically the only away matches I can get to. I haven’t missed an away match in Wales for a few years now.
    - Cardiff Devils vs. Sheffield Steelers ice hockey matches. You’re always guaranteed a good fight and atmosphere during these matches. There’s a tremendous rivalry between these two sides, although Sheffield have been pretty poor this season.

Matches I try not to miss on TV:

- Manchester derbies
    - Man Utd vs. Liverpool games
    - Champions League Final
    - Heineken Cup Final (Rugby)
    - The Superbowl
    - Cardiff vs. Swansea
    - I always watch the grand national on TV, try to put a few quid on a couple of horses too (never win though).
    - Milan derby

Ole!

Status

The national is excellent viewing especially when there is money on like most years in our house, even better when you bet on Comply Or Die and it wins :D

Not too fussed about other sports but always like the rugby if its on like the six nations.

Don't take much interest in cricket or golf really, kinda more a pub games fan like the darts.

Wouldn't mind one year going to the National or Royal Ascott as my cousin went last year and had a great time and can apparently get me in as a guest so i'd like to do that one year but i'd have to rent a proper suit with top hat

Rising Above...

Status

Don't take much interest in cricket or golf really, kinda more a pub games fan like the darts.
    Oh forgot about The British Open... I had the whole weekend off during last years tournament (Thursday - Sunday), and watched it all the way through. And no I didn't take the weekend off just to watch it - it was more by chance.

I usually watch some of the Darts and Snooker finals too.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Any Liverpool match which is on TV I try to watch, whatever the competition. I enjoy watching a bit of darts on the odd occasion. I never miss any of Wimbledon or the US Open Tennis when they are as well, Tennis is my favourite sport actually to play and to watch. Murray to win the Australian! (We'll be lucky if it happens lol)

I am a Liverpool fan!

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

Old Firm games the attitude of the whole country just changes for 24 hours when your walking down the street you can just tell what side a stranger is on just by looking at him.

The atmosphere if you win is amazing if you lose you just wish you where somewhere else anywhere else but at there. For example, last year at the league cup final Celtic won 2-0 and all the Celtic end is in full song giving it "Here we go four in a row" next Old firm game at Ibrox Rangers win 1-0 and go top of the league with 3 games left not a Rangers fan had left and the stadium was bouncing taunting the Celtic fans as they leave.

Pundits always say that at the start of an OF game you breathe in at the start and by the time you exhale its over but trust me when your 1-0 up with 5 minutes left time stands still love every minute of it though.

Thread Information