Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window: January Window 2010 Edition

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Transfer Window: January Window 2010 Edition

Looks like the first big transfer of the calender year so far in England

Patrick Vieira is to have a medical on Thursday afternoon before joining Manchester City on an 18-month contract.

The Frenchman is to leave Inter Milan in the pursuit of more regular first-team football as he bids to secure a place in France's World Cupsquad.

Roberto Mancini is a big fan of the player having worked with him during his time at the Inter helm and sees his experience as potentially being key to helping City qualify for the UEFA Champions League.
    Vieira, who at 33 is still captain of his national side, is eager to be reunited with Mancini having set his heart on appearing in South Africa over the summer.

"I set myself an objective, I want to go to the World Cup," he told Eurosport.

"The important thing for me is to go to Manchester City and to show the coach (Roberto Mancini) I'm the same player as when he was in charge of Inter."

Inter captain Javier Zanetti has paid tribute to his departed team-mate, conceding the Frenchman will be missed.

"We'll miss Vieira so much, both as a player and as a man. I wish him a great career. I'm proud to say I played with him, we regret that he goes away."

skysports
    We have De Jong, Barry and Kompany who can play in his position, I personally think we should go for defenders first.

The Original Situation

Status

Re: Transfer Window: January Window 2010 Edition

I dont get this move either. I wouldve bet Mancini go for defenders myself....

God

Status

Cunt What happened to never playing for any other English team?
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Rising Above...

Status

Strange signing. He's moved because he wants to play regularly to make the French world cup squad, but I think his chances of a City start are less likely than when he was at Inter. He hasn't even been that good for Inter from what i've seen. I bet he's on massive wages too.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Cunt What happened to never playing for any other English team?
    Not really impressed either.

Or maybe Man City no longer count as an English club?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Liverpool are set to confirm the signing of Maxi Rodriguez in the next few hours, according to reports in Spain.

The 29-year-old will seal his £1.5 million switch from Atletico Madrid later today after successful negotiations.

Securing a place in Argentina's squad for this summer's World Cup has been a key factor in the winger's decision, after he was frozen out at the Vicente Calderon after falling out with manager Quique Sanchez Flores.

He was left out of Atleti's 2-1 win over Sevilla last weekend and did not feature in their 3-0 reversal at home to Recreativo de Huelva in their Copa del Rey clash.

With his current deal in the Spanish capital expiring at the end of June, Rodriguez has been keen to secure regular first-team football.

It has also been reported that he told his current teammates at the club's Majadahonda training complex yesterday. about his imminent departure.
    I think its a positive signing, he will offer more pace and skill than Kuyt does for us. Hopefully we can get the signing done!

I am a Liverpool fan!

Ole!

Status

Man City not spending money on a transfer?

Whatsupwitdat!

God

Status

£1.5m seems like a bargain to me. He's a good player and if he adapts quickly he'll do well.

Also, what do the following City signing's have in common: Stuart Taylor, Sylvinho, Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor, Patrick Vieira. Doesnt seem like a very far reaching scouting network.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Rising Above...

Status

As one seems to come in... another one leaves Anfield...

Quote Originally Posted by BBC Sport
    Defender Andrea Dossena has left Liverpool and signed a four-year contract with Napoli.

Napoli, who are fourth in Serie A, said they had reached a deal with Dossena to the end of the 2013-14 season.

The 28-year-old joined Liverpool from Udinese in 2008 for £7m but has made only 30 appearances, scoring two goals.

The left-back has also played 10 times for Italy but his last game came under former coach Roberto Donadoni in October 2007.

Dossena, who has struggled to become a regular under Rafael Benitez, has long been linked with a return to his homeland, with Napoli narrowly missing out in the summer.

"I am happy to be able to wear the Napoli shirt," Dossena told the Italian club's website.

"I have chosen a place of great prestige with big plans. I can't wait for the time to play at the San Paolo in front of an extraordinary public."

Dossena could make his debut on Sunday at home to Sampdoria.
    Sky say he's leaving for around £4.75m... not a great return on investment for Liverpool.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Pool are probably just glad to get rid of him tbh.

I think Maxi'll be a solid signing for Liverpool on side. Always quite liked him.

And he scores goals...!

Rising Above...

Status

Viera to City confirmed:

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Sports
    Manchester City have completed the signing of Inter Milan midfielder Patrick Vieira on loan.

The former Arsenal enforcer has moved to Eastlands on an initial six-month deal, with an option of a further 12 months to follow.

Vieira, 33, becomes Roberto Mancini's first signing since taking the manager's job at City, having worked with him at Inter, and the Frenchman moves after passing a medical at the club on Thursday afternoon.

Mancini admitted he was delighted to secure the services of the experienced midfielder, who still harbours hope of playing in the summer's World Cup, and thinks he will be an important signing for the club.

"Patrick is a world class midfielder with a winner's mentality and will fit into this group very well," he told the club's official website.

"He knows me and my staff well, and importantly he also knows what the Premier League is all about.

"He will not need much time to settle in.

"Patrick is one of the great players of this era with almost every honour in the game against his name.

"I am sure City fans will welcome him warmly and appreciate the contribution he will make."

Vieira made 279 appearances during a nine-year stint with Arsenal, winning the Premier League three times.
    A little bit different to what we beileved. I doubt he'll get the extra 12 months.

God

Status

According to a few papers, big Sol Campbell is set for a shock return to Arsenal after he impressed Arsene Wenger in training.
    Nothing against Campbell (It would be too mean since he thinks Portsmouth is abroad), but really? He was great back in the day but that was at least five years ago. Senderos was picked ahead of him in his final season with us. If we are going to sign another center back who has expierance and used to play for us, it should be Upson.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    As one seems to come in... another one leaves Anfield...

Sky say he's leaving for around £4.75m... not a great return on investment for Liverpool.
    Has Benitez made money on any player he has bought apart from Alonso??

Chikara Trainee

Status

Dossena has been a terrible signing for us, the one thing he did good was score against Man U, and we had won the game already anyway. Getting near 5 million is pretty good I think! We are probably selling Voronin and Degen, and maybe Ryan Babel but I really hope we dont sell Babel because I really like him.

I am a Liverpool fan!

God

Status

They were taking the piss out of Veronin yesterday on 3E's sport news. Saying it's the move every Liverpool fan has been dreaming of ever since he signed for them. They then showed a goal he scored while out on loan and said it took them ages to find one.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Chikara Trainee

Status

He truly was an awful player for us. Not sure how much we paid for him but it was a waste whatever we did pay.

I am a Liverpool fan!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

We got him on a free transfer. I just don't think he was cut out for the premiership. He played 10x better at Bayer Leverkusen (sp?) and Hertha BSC. Just didn't live up to expectations at Liverpool.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

God

Status

Benitez can find good players but he then pays way over the odds to make sure he gets them ahead of other teams and as a result the player doesnt live up to his price tag. He has spent a stupid amount of money on a stupid amount of players and has very little to show for the money spent. He should pick out the player and then send someone else to do the negoiating as it's obvious he cant do it very well.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Thread Information