Thread: Top 5 WWE PPV's of the 2000's

Underdog

Status

Top 5 WWE PPV's of the 2000's

no that all ppvs are complete for the decade, what are your top 5 wwe ppvs

1 wrestlemania 2000 great show top to bottom, first hour was sub par but the rest was really good, hard not to put this number 1

2 summerslam 2002 maybe the 2nd best opener to a wwe ppv ever, hbk's classic return, lesnar becoming champ, rvd/benoit nice gem, great atmosphere in new york, not much more you can ask for

3 wrestlemania 19 almost beats 17 as the best mania ever, great card top to bottom filled with good matches

4 one night stand 2006 still a wwe ppv, great because it was a one night old school ecw ppv, great excited show for old ecw fans

5 survivor series 2002 good tables match, first chamber match, short but sweet lesnar show match, all matches were good, and great new york crowd

honorable mentions
    royal rumble 2004-great rumble and great last man standing match
    no way out 2009 (best ppv of 09 imo)-2 awesome chamber matches
    Last edited by DD; 12-18-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Moved to WWE PPV section with it being a thread about WWE PPV's.

[Speak Like A Child]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: top 5 wwe ppv of the 2000's

good thread.

1. Wrestlemania X7 - No competition. Card delivered from top to bottom.

2. Wrestlemania 24 - A personnal favourite. All matches are good to great (and before anyone yells "Bunnymania", it was placed on the card well enough that it was a welcome break.)

3. Summerslam 2002

4. One Night Stand 2005

5. Survivor Series 2002 - I also love this show. Nothing bad on it.

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    2. Wrestlemania 24 - A personnal favourite. All matches are good to great (and before anyone yells "Bunnymania", it was placed on the card well enough that it was a welcome break.)
    Damn right, man. I'm with you here. WrestleMania 24 was my shit. Just the fucking presence of watching it made me feel great about the PPV. And none of the matches were really bad in my honest opinion. I fucking loved the outside effect they had going, to me that's what made it perfect.

I really enjoyed this years SummerSlam, too. It was what it was supposed to be: A party. I loved it, and I'll never delete it from my hard drive.

Underdog

Status

i liked the outdoor setting of wrestlemania 24 also, it was a good ppv, but i dont think it was as good as wrestlemania 19, 19 was really stacked

On Vacation

Status

WM 2000 was fucking lame. Summer Slam 02 was pretty great. WM 17 is over rated, but honestly had some great moments and massive bumps.

WAKE UP

Status

Summerslam 2002 easily as far as match quality goes. Angle/Rey, HHH/Michaels and Rock/Lesnar were all great with HHH/Michaels being HHH's best match ever. Both Benoit/RVD and Edge/Eddie are also very good matches too and Jericho/Flair and Taker/Test (the WMOTN) were both solid.

Wrestlemania X7 is overated outside of Rock/Austin and Angle/Benoit and Wrestlemania XIX is also overated outside Rock/Austin.

Internet Favorite

Status

I do have a thing for Wrestlemania 23 maybe it was because I was there. The money in the bank was a good opener and to close it out with HBK/Cena was great. Best part of that night was the split crowd and me and my buddy had these nice beautiful ladies next to us who were chanting Lets Go Cena so we joined in with them instead of HBK.Also a really cool thing was during Benoits match someone in the crowd started a Fire Millen chant I dont know if that made the DVD or not but when your at Ford Field and 50,000 people are yelling Fire Millen it was classic :D

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Re: Top 5 WWE PPV's of the 2000's

I haven't seen every PPV from 2000 to present. It's on my to do list, but for the most part I've seen scattered shows here or there, or single matches from shows.

The first PPV that really pops into my mind would be SummerSlam 2002. Otherwise, I couldn't list a top five as I've missed so many PPVs that it wouldn't be at all accurate.
    lol?

Sweet Meat

Status

Wrestlemania 17, Wrestlemania 19, Wrestlemania 24, and Summerslam 02 are definites for me.

I don't know about a last one though.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Underdog

Status

Royal Rumble 2000 - Yep, the first WWE pay-per-view of the decade, in my opinion, was the very best one. Taz debuts in MSG, Dudleys vs. Hardys being completely insane, HHH vs. Cactus Jack in one of the greatest matches in history, and the Rumble itself, which is always awesome, all is what makes this show the greatest in my eyes.

WWE/ECW One Night Stand 2005 - I loved ECW, so I simply loved this show. It could have been 20 minutes longer, and it overall could have been better, but it was just an awesome experience to sit through that pay-per-view while it was happening. Those fans were just epic, and the 'shoots' from Heyman and RVD, and The Sandman's entrance, all make this show what it is, which is one of the most rewarding pay-per-views this decade.

One Night Stand 2006 - RVD vs. Cena... craziest match I've ever seen, and it's the most re-watchable match of all time as far as I'm concerned. It never gets old.

Summerslam 2002 - Rey vs. Angle... bar none the greatest opener in WWE pay-per-view history. Loved it. HBK vs. HHH of course was also awesome, and Brock Lesnar vs. the Rock was simply incredible.

No Mercy 2001 - I just love this show from start to finish. Not a boring moment on it, with the two main events being spectacular with Chris Jericho vs. The Rock in what was BY FAR the greatest match these two ever had against one another, and the Triple Threat between Austin, RVD, and Kurt Angle. Just an awesome show, perhaps the most underrated show WWE has ever put on.

Royal Rumble 2002 - Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit. That is all.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

1st - Wrestlemania 17 - Easily the best PPV of the 2000's. Rock V Austin, HHH V Taker, TLC II, Benoit V Angle, Vince V Shane, Hardcore three way the whole PPV was just entertaining for everyone.

2nd - Wrestlemania 19 - This had everything a Mania should have. Good opening matchup between Hardy & Rey, some very memorable matches in HBK/Jericho & Lesnar/Angle along with a bunch of fun matches like the fourway for the tag titles. Despite some poor points it will always go down as one of the greatest manias of all time.

3rd - Survivor Series 2002 - I know some people wouldn't rate this PPV so highly but i thought it was one of th best PPV's WWE put on in 2002. Nice Opening tables matches, fun cruiserweight match & an Epic Elimination chamber match. This is still one of the only PPV's i am able to sit down and watch from start to end.

4th - Royal Rumble 2001 - Asides from the Womens title match this PPV was pretty epic & you have to say featured the best Royal Rumble match in history.

5th - Wrestlemania 24 - Not on everyones lists but still a great PPV full of good wrestling in Edge/Taker, entertainment in the MITB match, Maywhether/Show & Triple threat match & memorable moments in the HBK/Flair match mixed with just a great atmosphere.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

1st WrestleMania 17-The best WrestleMania ever. Rock vs Austin No DQ. TLC. HHH vs Taker. McMahon vs McMahon. Angle vs Benoit and an amazing Hardcore match, just awesome.

2nd. SummerSlam 2002-Another awesome ppv. Rock vs Brock. HHH vs HBK. Angle vs Mysterio, all awesome matches and not a bad match on the card.

3rd. ECW One Night Stand 2005. A memorable night in Wrestling history, one that I doubt will be re-created

4th. Royal Rumble 2000. The first ever ppv that I saw and the one that had me addicted to the WWE

5th. Vengeance 2003. Smackdown's first ppv on it's own and they pulled out all the stops. A great triple threat main event, Benoit vs Guerrero in a 20+ minute classic and Cena vs Taker plus more. Probably the most underrated and overlooked wwe ppv ever.

Thread Information