Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE Superstars Preview and Results - 11/26

Sweet Meat

Status

Superstar WWE Superstars Preview and Results - 11/26

R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler

On the next "WWE Superstars," the arrogant young Dolph Ziggler will go head-to-head with SmackDown's rapping Superstar, R-Truth. Which exciting ring warrior will come out on top?

Goldust vs. Vladimir Kozlov

Two of ECW's finest will compete on "WWE Superstars" as Goldust squares off against Vladimir Kozlov. Can The Bizarre one stand up to the might of The Moscow Mauler and his associate, The British Brawler William Regal?

The Miz vs. Santino Marella

Two of Raw's most verbose Superstars will face one another on "WWE Superstars" as United States Champion The Miz competes against Santino Marella.

All this and more, only on Superstars!

Quote Originally Posted by Caldwell, PWTorch

R-Truth stands tall

WWE Superstars TV Report
    November 26, 2009 - Week 33
    Taped the Week of November 23
    Report by James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm covering the replay of WWE Superstars currently airing on WGN. So, follow along with the replay of the show, which started with Michael Cole
    introducing the show with a plug for R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler in a battle for a Thanksgiving basket of fruits and vegetables in the main event.

In-ring: U.S. champion The Miz came out first for the opening match tonight up against Santino. Ringside, Cole quizzed Jerry Lawler on what he's thankful for. Lawler somehow turned it into a plug for Easter that he serves rabbit stew. As the announcers talked up Miz's team winning at Survivor Series, Santino came out sporting his new goatee look. Food Network battle up next.

1 -- U.S. champion THE MIZ vs. SANTINO MARELLA -- non-title match

Crowd was hot early on with a "San-tin-o, San-tin-o" chant. Santino pointed to himself in his humble routine and asked, "Me?" Santino teased the cobra strike early on, then tried to calm it down. Santino then executed a headlock takeover and declared "I got him!" He followed with a series of arm drags, but Miz blocked a third drag and started pounding on Santino with left hand strikes before settling into mat holds. Cole and Lawler talked turkey for the first Superstars on Thanksgiving, then Miz brought Santino to his feet and landed an emphatic clothesline out of the corner. Miz called a spot for Santino to tease a comeback, then Miz executed a neckbreaker for a two count. Miz is really developing that in-ring work to go with his heel personality. Miz then went up top, but Santino blocked and started his full comeback. Santino did a big Hulk Up and declared it's cobra time. Miz kicked Santino in the hand, though, with a big boot. He followed with the Skullcrushing Finale for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Miz in 6:00. Excellent TV match. Miz played his heel role fantastically while Santino's comedy routine fit the match and didn't overstay its welcome. Highly entertaining and worth watching on a DVR replay viewing. (**)

Ask the Divas: Beth Phoenix is following Dr. C.M. Punk's orders not to indulge herself in gluttonous eating at Thanksgiving. In an "I'm better than you" tone, she said she's trying to maintain her "Glamazon figure."

Backstage: Kozlov was shown walking down the hallway with William Regal slumped at the shoulders walking behind Kozlov. Cole referenced Ezekiel Jackson leaving the Ruthless Roundtable on ECW TV.

[Commercial Break]

[Q2]

In-ring: Kozlov stoically walked to the ring with William Regal following behind. ECW announcers Josh Mathews and Byron Saxton were shown on-camera to recap Jackson snapping on Kozlov, followed by Regal on ECW two days ago. Goldust then came out as the opposition.

2 -- KOZLOV (w/William Regal) vs. GOLDUST

On commentary, Josh Mathews wanted to know whether Regal and Kozlov have communicated with Jackson since Tuesday to see where his head is at. Texts, emails, phone calls? Hm, Kozlov texting. Interesting. The match moved to the floor early on with Goldust ramming Kozlov into the ringpost before cutting to a break.

[Commercial Break]

Back from break, Kozlov was in control working over Goldust with multiple headbutt strikes before executing a belly-to-belly suplex. Kozlov worked over Goldust's mid-section before missing with a boot strike. Goldust then made his comeback with a running bulldog before catching Kozlov in the air for a bodyslam and a two count. Regal was rather concerned ringside as Kozlov kinda blocked a move off the ropes. Clunky and awkward block. Goldust then visibly called a spot for Kozlov to go home. Thus, Kozlov hit his Iron Curtain uranage finisher for the pin and the win. Post-match: Kozlov was all-smiles, then Regal put a bigger smile of Kozlov's face with a running knee strike on Goldust to add insult to injury.

WINNER: Kozlov in 7:00. Goldust did his best to work around Kozlov's weaknesses as an in-ring performer trying to simulate a real competition. Rough finish, but Regal's facial expressions ringside were a good distraction from the in-ring action. Kozlov is a more marketable heel being kept in short-form matches where he's not exposed as a weak in-ring performer. (3/4*)

Plug: The "always entertaining" R-Truth up against Dolph Ziggler in the main event later tonight. ... Jeff Hardy DVD plug: They rolled the Hardy DVD video hoping to make money off Jeff.

[Commercial Break]

[Q3]

Superstars profile: John Cena. They included graphics for "hustle," "loyalty," and "respect" being spelled out from the dictionary. Same as "say your prayers, take your vitamins, and believe in yourself." They included audio of Cena's attempt to impress Jesse Ventura with the press conference promo on Raw this past Monday.

Announcers: Smackdown's Todd Grisham and Matt Striker were shown on-camera to introduce the Raw Rebound with Ventura hosting Raw and finding the "breakthrough star" in the form of Sheamus to be next in line for a shot at John Cena.

In-ring: After the announcers broke down the TLC PPV card, R-Truth came to the ring rapping for the audience. He's up next against Dolph Ziggler.

[Commercial Break]

[Q4]

3 -- DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. R-TRUTH

Grisham said he spoke with Ziggler about being on a "six month plan" to become a champion in WWE, and Ziggler is currently on month five. Well, that's one way to explain six or seven IC Title match losses to John Morrison. Probably triple that number if you count the unaccounted-for-on-TV house shows. Match started with Ziggler in control, but Truth knocked him to the floor. Grisham and Striker debated why Ziggler hasn't been able to score a title win and Striker suggested that additional stroke of the hair is one second that he could use to score a three count instead of a two count. Ziggler started toying with Truth, but Truth came back with a dropkick through the ropes. Truth then came over the top with a missile-like plancha with his shoulder crashing into Ziggler and the ground. They cut to break with Truth asking what's up.

[Commercial Break]

Back from break, Ziggler was in control working the left arm and shoulder that Ziggler smashed on the ground executing the missile plancha. Ziggler then knocked Truth to the floor and tried to get a count-out, but Truth broke the count and Ziggler aggressively attacked Truth. Ziggler continued the attack for a few minutes before Truth made a comeback, only to take a Sean Waltman-style faceplant from Ziggler for a two count. Ziggler then missed with a corner attack and Truth nailed his spinning axe kick off the ropes for a two count. Ziggler tried to come back with his finisher, but Truth countered with the Lie Detector spinning fist smash for the pin and the win. After the announcers recapped the finish, the show closed with Truth celebrating with the fans.

WINNER: Truth in 15:00. Solid TV main event. Ziggler played a good, aggressive heel to receive the focus during the match before taking the expected loss. WWE is behind Truth right now, so it will be interesting to see how far up the card he goes with Rey Mysterio now out of a top babyface slot. Truth does need to upgrade that finisher, though, if he's going to be considered a more credible potential main-event level act. All of the movement is created after the initial contact, which looks weak. A different kind of two-star match than the opener, which was at the two-star level for sheer entertainment purposes despite being half the match length of the main event. (**)
    Last edited by Dook; 11-27-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: WWE Superstars Preview and Live Discussion - 11/26

Unless it involves the utter destruction of Killings, Ziggler/Killings sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

I don't know. I think Truth is watchable. Maybe not capable of anything worth note, but he's watchable. Dolph can be quite good at times too.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Dolph is one of my main reasons for enjoying Smackdown, but he can't carry someone incredibly annoying like Killings to a watchable match, imo.

If Killings gets to complete his entrance without being assaulted, it's already a bad match.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

Lol. I enjoy his entrance and it really gets fans to like him. I mean I can see why people find him annoying but he's not that bad imo.

Also, the Miz wrecking Santino = fun.

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

According to the reviews Killings/Ziggler was match of the night at the ECW/Superstars/Smackdown tapings.

Sweet Meat

Status

Whoa. Hmm.. well I'll be sure to comment on it later.

Anyone else going to watch it when it's on? Doubtful.

Spoiler:

Ole!

Status

Looks OK though but what a difference a year makes.

Kozlov was in the main event at survivor series last year and now look, a superstars match with Goldust

RIP Bradley

Sweet Meat

Status

Yeah, pretty bad.

Though I won't lie, Goldust has been extremely fun since coming to ECW. Despite that.. my hopes for the match aren't high.

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm gona watch it live if there's a feed. I don't have cable at all anymore. LOL I might be the only one in here though.

Sweet Meat

Status

I'll be here. good to know I won't be alone.

Let's hope it doesn't suck.

Spoiler:

Final Battle 2010

Status

I'll check it out, since I'm home today. I'm only looking forward to Ziggler/Truth.

Sweet Meat

Status

Yeah, it's a pretty weak card even by Superstars standards.

Wish we got Yoshi v Vladdy instead.

Spoiler:

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    I don't know. I think Truth is watchable. Maybe not capable of anything worth note, but he's watchable. Dolph can be quite good at times too.
    In my opinion Killings hasn't been watchable since 2002/2004. Anyone else laugh when the announcers put over how everyone in the battle royal hadn't won a world championship, even though Killings won the NWA-TNA Championship in 2002 and 2004.

Sweet Meat

Status

Eh, the TNA/NWA title isn't counted by WWE. At least not the modern NWA title.

I found it more lol that guys like Swagger who were ECW champions aren't considered world champions then a TNA champion.

Spoiler:

Final Battle 2010

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
    In my opinion Killings hasn't been watchable since 2002/2004. Anyone else laugh when the announcers put over how everyone in the battle royal hadn't won a world championship, even though Killings won the NWA-TNA Championship in 2002 and 2004.
    If Vince didn't make it, it doesn't exist. >_>

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post

I found it more lol that guys like Swagger who were ECW champions aren't considered world champions then a TNA champion.
    Same can be said for Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Mark Henry. Didn't Chavo have a decent run with the strap before losing to Kane in a matter for seven seconds or whatever it was?

WWE did a good job of discrediting ECW and anyone who was successful on the brand.

Sweet Meat

Status

lol the best part was when Chavo, the ECW champion, was in the Rumble match

Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

On a completely unrelated note yet actually on topic, I love the superstars theme.

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    United States

US Champ Miz. I see I haven't watched in so long haha.

Thread Information