Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE TLC - ECW Champion Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin

Sweet Meat

Status

WWE TLC - ECW Champion Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin

ECW Champion Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin
    Ladder Match

ECW Champion Christian will return to the match that made him famous when he defends his title against Shelton Benjamin in a Ladder Match at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs.

These two Superstars are no strangers to this dangerous bout. Christian built his reputation competing in high-risk Ladder Matches, including the first-ever Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match at SummerSlam 2000, a grueling contest many fans considered to be one of the greatest WWE matches of all time.

Benjamin, perhaps the finest athlete in all of WWE, has competed in a record four Money in the Bank Ladder Matches. While The Gold Standard has never walked away with the coveted briefcase, his amazing feats of athleticism have wowed the WWE Universe year in and year out. At the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, Benjamin’s memorable dive off the top of a 20-foot ladder became an immediate fixture of WWE highlight reels.

Knowing full well what they are capable of in this environment, Christian challenged Benjamin to a Ladder Match. Not only was the ECW Champion looking to test himself, but he wanted to compete in a bout that would steal the show. Benjamin, riding a wave of confidence after defeating Zack Ryder to become the No. 1 Contender for the ECW Championship, was more than up for it.

With Christian’s ECW Championship hanging high above the ring at WWE TLC, these two fearless competitors will pull out all the stops for the opportunity to grasp it. Anyone in the WWE Universe with a fear of heights will want to close their eyes when Captain Charisma and The Gold Standard meet on Dec. 13, live on pay-per-view.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

WAKE UP

Status

Re: WWE TLC - ECW Champion Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin

Should be good, I've been enjoying Benjamin as of late and Christian is your miracle worker of the year. Ladder match leads me to be iffy about it but it's not like a tables match so expectations are still high for this.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Sweet Meat

Status

Christian SHOULD be leading Benjamin to the best match of his career. As long as it gets time.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Haven't the two had a ladder match before for the IC title? I haven't seen that, but I remember seeing a link to it somewhere. I could be dreaming though.

It should be good so long as it doesn't get the Punk/Taker treatment and is only given 10 minutes. Benjamin for the most part has had some major highlights in the Money In The Bank so being given a one on one Ladder match on a PPV could give him a lot of momentum if he delivers a great performance.
    lol?

Sweet Meat

Status

One thing that gives this hope is WWE that due to not being a main event it won't be an ALL OUT ladder match and may be less spot driven and more story driven. I hope..

Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Since when has being a mid-card match ever stopped it from being a spotfest? Not that I think it will be, Christian is better than that.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Sweet Meat

Status

It wouldn't be as spotty as a lot of main event TLC's at least, since they're usually slightly more toned down. On the other hand they get less time to tell a story so it may be worse.

But I don't see it being that way.

Spoiler:

The Devil You Know

Status
      Country                    us=United States

This is the only match announced so far that interests me even in the slightest. Although Benjamin has a major history of botching tons in ladder matches, this has potential to be an all around great match, if given enough time to unfold itself into that. No doubt Christian will retain, don't see them giving the belt to Shelton.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Internet God View Post
    This is the only match announced so far that interests me even in the slightest.
    Yep, this is the best match on the card so far for me and I expect it to be very, very good.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Both of these guys need to be in the WWE or World title picture based on their talents alone

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    nl=Netherlands

I wonder if this is gonna top Christian's match versus Kaz back in TNA. To me that was the best ladder match ever.

Curtain Jerker

Status

These two Superstars are no strangers to this dangerous bout. Christian built his reputation competing in high-risk Ladder Matches, including the first-ever Tables

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Personally........having a guy like Shelton Benjamin in a ECW title match lowers the titles value even more than it already is.

I honestly really love Sheltons in ring abilities, but they have botched his storylines and direction so many times over the years that it becomes really hard to get behind this guy.

Why can't we just get TWGTT back on a permanent basis?

Christian should also be on Smackdown hopefully soon due to all the face injuries. This could be a chance to take the title off him.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedestroyer View Post
    Haven't the two had a ladder match before for the IC title? I haven't seen that, but I remember seeing a link to it somewhere. I could be dreaming though.
    No, they never had a singles ladder match against each other. They did have a IC title match at Survivor Series in a regular match. I believe I rated that match 4 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Personally........having a guy like Shelton Benjamin in a ECW title match lowers the titles value even more than it already is.
    I couldn't disagree more. The ECW title was at it's meaningless when Chavo Guerrero won it after being CW champion the previous year and losing several times cleanly to Punk. With this most likely being an one time deal for the feud, the title will only be looked upon in a greater light. Shelton Benjamin, regardless of whether he's pushed or jobbed out, is always a top guy to go to as far as ladder matches go.

The ECW title at the end of the year is going to end on an insanely high note for once.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I can't see it stealing the show like I've read on other forums, but it should be a good match.

Christian & Shelton might be more suited to a match like this, but I still think they could save a lot of the more impressive spots for the bigger ladder match. The D-X/Jeri-Show match also has tables & chairs as a shortcut.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Sweet Meat

Status

I think it could steal the show. Their last match was great and Christian is way better now.

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

More than likely, Christian will retain, and yes it will be a entertaining match

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

I think some people are building their hopes up on this one. I could see this being a massive let down.

Sweet Meat

Status

I think at the very least it'll be a fun match but I also think it has a lot of potential providing Shelton doesn't be lazy botchy Shelton.

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

This match will steal the show, Christian always puts on good matches, he's obviously got his background in ladder match and that will make for a great match with Shelton who's always great in MITB and will be able to do some great spots and have a great match. I can't wait for this, I didn't like the idea of this PPV at first but they're booking it very well especially with this match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information