Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE TLC - ECW Champion Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin

Curtain Jerker

Status

Re: WWE TLC - ECW Champion Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin

Should be good. Both are at their best when ladders are involved. Don't care who wins, Shelton is boring and never gonna be anything big, so I guess he should win, to give his career something.

Christian is good, but pretty stale already. Move him to Raw or Smackdown after this. Although he'll just become a jobber to the stars or a high mid-carder at best. Looking forward to some crazy bumps, cuz you know they will deliver.

World's Smartest Man

Status

I'm looking really forward to this match. Christian has been performer of the year for WWE and Shelton has always had the talent and athletic ability to be a great champion. Add in the fact that its a ladder match and you strike gold. I see Christian retaining because he is such a strong champion with Benjamin getting a nice rub from the bout.
    "Why would I wanna be the World's Strongest Man when I could be The World's Smartest Man? Sure the World's Strongest Man can lift me ten feet into the air. But I can build a Liquid Nitrogen Bomb and blow up his house."

Sweet Meat

Status

Some people don't like how they want to "steal the show" as they feel it's not a wrestlers job to want to do that and they should just want to win blah blah but I think it works very well in the story since ECW and the ECW title has been neglected as of late and they want to stop that from happening.

Think the idea is too "smarkish"? I really don't but eh.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

A better way to set it up would have just been for Tiffany the ECW GM to have said Christian's lines.

Christian and Shelton both care about winning. Tiffany who is disappointed that ECW hasn't been granted PPV matches cares about showing Raw and Smackdown that they aren't the only two brands that matters. She knows both Christian and Shelton are the two guys who could steal the show in the type of match she is signing, a Ladder match.
    lol?

Curtain Jerker

Status

Christian has put credibility on this title with his 2 reigns as champ and Shelton granted he tends to mess up every now and theN, Knows how to put a show in these ladder matches. I hope Shelton keeps the belt Christian can move up to Smackdown but At the same time ECW will be left with one champ and hardly any contenders. So i hope Shelton can have a good feud with Christian as challenger.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I don't watch much of ECW, so I don't know the basis of this Ladder Match, but this could be a hell of a lot of fun.

Sweet Meat

Status

It's basically, Shelton wants to be champion, Christian wants to retain, but they both want to represent ECW by stealing the show.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I've liked the build personally, and I reckon it does have the potential to steal the show, but I also think that it has spotfest written all over it.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I've liked the build personally, and I reckon it does have the potential to steal the show, but I also think that it has spotfest written all over it.
    there's nothing wrong with it being a spotfest! As long as it's entertaining then it's all good.

Sweet Meat

Status

As long as it's a fun spot fest, I'll be fine with that. That said, I'd prefer a story to be told well.

Spoiler:

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Oh yeah, I have nothing against spotfests... I'm just saying, Shelton's all about the spots.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

I'm fairly excited for this match despite the prior knowledge that it will in all likelihood be spotastic.

One reason TLC's tend to not do it for me anymore is that like a lot of people I've seen it all done before. There are only so many times that Hardy can throw a Swantan Bomb off of a 70 foot ladder (JR's estimate not mine) through a table. I understand for newer fans who weren't watching in 2000 it's new and fresh thus it still gets over. I can respect that.

The reason despite that foot note that I am still excited is that I hold on to the belief that if properly motivated Shelton could deliver some spots that haven't been seen before. That, and there is a small chance that with Christian involved there might be a bit more dynamic then a traditional ladder match. Maybe a story being told. I don't really expect it, as it's not a necessary tool to get ladder matches over with 99 percent of the audience, but it wouldn't hurt it to say the least.

This match should go on first in order to provide a great opener much like they some times do with the Money In The Bank. That and it would also provide enough breathing time between it and the TLC.
    lol?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information