Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Survivor Series - Batista vs. Rey Mysterio

Sweet Meat

Status

WWE Survivor Series - Batista vs. Rey Mysterio

Batista vs. Rey Mysterio

Standing side by side, Rey Mysterio and Batista have won tag team gold (Watch), grieved the loss of a “family member” (Watch Eddie Guerrero Tribute), and forged a powerful bond in numerous squared circle battles. But at Survivor Series, these two former World Champions – once as close as brothers – will become the most dangerous of adversaries.

Just one week after being named as two of the Superstars, along with CM Punk, that would challenge World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker at WWE Bragging Rights in a Fatal Four Way Match, The Master of the 619 and The Animal were forced to go head-to-head with each other on SmackDown. The hard-fought match ultimately ended in controversy when the official missed Batista’s shoulder leaving the canvas as he made a three-count, resulting in a victory for Mysterio. Despite the questionable outcome, the friendship between the two tremendous competitors emerged unscathed. However, greater tests would lay on the horizon.

Two days before WWE Bragging Rights, while joining forces to face Kane & Unified Tag Team Champion Chris Jericho, Mysterio sacrificed himself for Batista, walking into The Big Red Machine’s brutal chokeslam. This selfless act allowed The Animal to pick up the tag team triumph for the determined duo. But more importantly, it demonstrated Mysterio’s unparalleled heart and the deep devotion he had for his friend.

When the fateful pay-per-view finally arrived, both Mysterio and Batista gave everything they had in a whirlwind match where every man had no choice but to fight for himself. However, when Mysterio stopped The Animal from a possible pin over The Deadman, Batista became enraged. The Undertaker went on to win the match, pinning Batista with a devastating Tombstone. Only seconds later, in a horrific moment that the WWE Universe will never forget, Batista suddenly snapped, ferociously attacking his stunned comrade-in-arms.

Five days later on SmackDown, Mysterio tried to mend the mighty rip in their heartfelt alliance, but Batista would have none of it. After demanding that Mysterio get out of his ring, the seething, stone-faced Batista chose to leave himself, literally turning his back on his closest ally with more rage in his eyes then ever before.

Batista believes Mysterio cost him the World Title. And after completely casting aside their longstanding friendship, there is little doubt that he will be heading to Survivor Series hell-bent on destroying his former ring companion the moment he steps in the squared circle.

Though no doubt shocked by the aggressive actions of a man he considered a brother, Mysterio’s resolve is clear. He is bound and determined to show Batista a side of him he has never seen before. And once the high-octane, masked Superstar sets his sights on a target, few can outmatch him.

Who will survive at Survivor Series? Find out Sunday, Nov. 22 at 8/7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Rey my love

Status

Re: WWE Survivor Series - Batista vs. Rey Mysterio

rey will kick his ass

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Thye should've made them both captains in a Survivor Series match. They could easily save the first one-on-one match until TLC. It was a great oppertunity to hold of the match and build it up for a while.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

If Rey wins any way other than DQ, I'll be sad.

WAKE UP

Status

I dunno, Rey beats Batista, Batista gets madder and they continue the fued... I'm just happy this match is happening.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I dunno, Rey beats Batista, Batista gets madder and they continue the fued... I'm just happy this match is happening.
    They did it with the Mysterio/Guerrero feud with Mysterio somehow winning with rollups and what not. It's an effective way to build a feud up with Batista losing his sanity. Going into this, it's pretty much expected the feud will last over the course of a few PPV's. So people probably assume there will be some kind of dirty finish (DQ would be the best guess). Having Mysterio win with a surprise rollup would be a nice surprise.

Sweet Meat

Status

That would be greatness, especially if he just went fucking berserk on either Rey, the ref, or just like, everything ringside.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    That would be greatness, especially if he just went fucking berserk on either Rey, the ref, or just like, everything ringside.
    For the first match, I'd rather Batista didn't go crazy. Have Batista just seem shock and Mysterio say it's over now. On the next episode of Smackdown, Mysterio can come out and ask Batista to come out. Mysterio apologizes that the title got between them, but after a good clean match at Survivor Series, they can hopefully put it behind them. Follow that up with Batista destroying Mysterio. Run some kind of injury angle to finish Mysterio off for the rest of the year. They can keep Batista busy with a Matt Hardy match at TLC before bringing Rey back at the start of 2010. If they plan this right, they can keep the feud going until Wrestlemania without burning the fans out.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I think this feud really hangs on whether Batista works hard or not. Rey can only carry his opponents so far, which is why he's always at his best with someone we know will work hard with him for the benefit of the angle. Hopefully the fact that he and Dave are actually friends will mean they both work their arses off in the ring.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I kinda think they rushed the heel turn,but it's been good so far.
    I'm thinking Rey will and Batista will snap and almost kill him later on.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Well this is probably the only match on the card that has a good story behind it. The clash of styles will be good, Rey will provide the excitement & batista will provide the shock. a win from rey, either a clean one or one by DQ will carry this fued on nicely.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Agreed with everyone else - should have built this up much more before a one-on-one. They could have a great rivalry if not rushed.

Curtain Jerker

Status

They could have done this:
    Turned it into a Survivor Series match up pitting Batista, Ziggler, The Hart Dynasty and Punk? vs. Mysterio, Morrison, Cryme Time and R-Truth.

I think this will happen
    . Dave loses. Simply just to keep the fued going and Batista wanting to tear Rey apart even more.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I think Batista is going to destroy Rey and put him out for good.

Sweet Meat

Status

...I wouldn't count on it.

I liked the hype from SD last week with Batista ready to destroy Rey. Hopefully the match delivers and I'm sure it will, but sometimes Rey just doesn't seem to be good in personal feuds.

Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Such as when?
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Indy Talent

Status

I reckon these two will have great chemistry together, Rey can carry Batista somewhat to a great match here. Once again, it's only the first match between the two, I wont be expecting much. This will set-up a future occasion between the two.

Sweet Meat

Status

Like his style in general doesn't fit "personal" feuds because he can't really brawl. Though he has done more kicks and stiffer hits to make up for it.

Spoiler:

Indy Talent

Status

I didn't like this match very much. Should of, could of been better and accomplished the exact same what it did..

**3/4.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I think they should have started this storyline a long time ago. I don't Batista and Rey had time to build this storyline properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information