Thread: WWE Survivor Series - World Championship Triple Threat Match

Sweet Meat

Status

WWE Survivor Series - World Championship Triple Threat Match

World Champion Undertaker vs. Big Show vs. Chris Jericho

Although Big Show and Chris Jericho both hold Unified Tag Team Championship gold, they want something more – Undertaker’s World Heavyweight Title.

At WWE Bragging Rights, Big Show started laying the foundation for his quest by turning his back on Team Raw. . And although he suffered the wrath of fellow Raw members just a day later , by Friday Night SmackDown, The World’s Largest Athlete had already secured a signed contract to face The Undertaker at Survivor Series.

On that same edition of SmackDown, Chris Jericho defeated Kane to also qualify to face The Phenom – officially making it a Triple Threat Match.

Since winning the Unified Title at Night of Champions, the tag team champs have been on a roll, tearing through a slew of formidable opponents. But now, they must face not only each other, but their greatest challenge of all – The Demon of Death Valley.

Ever since winning the Heavyweight Title at Hell in a Cell, The Undertaker has showed no signs of letting up. At WWE Bragging Rights, the champion overcame the odds and successfully defended his gold against CM Punk, Batista & Rey Mysterio in a Fatal Four Way Match.

If The Phenom can take on three opponents and win, surely he can do the same against two. But, at 485-plus-pounds, one could argue that Big Show counts as two Superstars.

Can Jericho or Big Show find a way to topple The Undertaker? Or, will The Phenom make his opponents regret even stepping in the ring with him?

To find out, tune-in to Survivor Series on Sunday, Nov. 22, at 8/5 PT, exclusively on pay-per-view.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: WWE Survivor Series - World Championship Triple Threat Match

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Sweet Meat

Status

One thing that is good/bad is we'll be getting a taste of Jericho and Taker.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I like how both Smackdown & Raw have similar main events, but I don't like them having Undertaker & Jericho face of in this match. New matches are few and far between, certainly with established stars. If the rumours are true and Edge probably won't be fit in time for WrestleMania. I'd assume that we'd get Undertaker vs. Jericho if that was the case.

It reminds me of WWE promoting Undertaker vs. Batista vs. Edge when it was obvious we'd be getting Undertaker vs. Edge for the first time at WrestleMania. It just seemed pointless.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

The Newbreed

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I wouldn't put the strap on Jericho just yet. I say Taker retains here.

Wouldn't necessarily mind Big Show picking up the title though. Its not as much of a tossup as the Raw match is.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

I'd love to see Jericho and Show devise a plan where Show lays down for Jericho thus screwing Taker.

That way it could transition into a Jericho/Taker feud for the belt throughout the Road To WrestleMania and really solidify Jericho as a legit champion going into Mania where he could either face a returning Edge or if not possible Edge's "brother" Christian in his place.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedestroyer View Post
    I'd love to see Jericho and Show devise a plan where Show lays down for Jericho thus screwing Taker.

That way it could transition into a Jericho/Taker feud for the belt throughout the Road To WrestleMania and really solidify Jericho as a legit champion going into Mania where he could either face a returning Edge or if not possible Edge's "brother" Christian in his place.
    That wouldn't work simply because Show would say "Why don't YOU lay down Jericho?"

I would like to see a scenario like this Monday where you could have Big Show do most of the work then Jericho getting the cheap easy pin over Taker. This sets up a Jericho Undertaker fued for Royal Rumble and then you could have Jericho string Big Show along promising him the first shot after Taker, then dodge him till Mania where Show gets screwed out of his match once again by the Royal Rumble winner. Show then turns face post mania and the Unified Tag Titles are lost to someone more deserving.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    That wouldn't work simply because Show would say "Why don't YOU lay down Jericho?"

I would like to see a scenario like this Monday where you could have Big Show do most of the work then Jericho getting the cheap easy pin over Taker. This sets up a Jericho Undertaker fued for Royal Rumble and then you could have Jericho string Big Show along promising him the first shot after Taker, then dodge him till Mania where Show gets screwed out of his match once again by the Royal Rumble winner. Show then turns face post mania and the Unified Tag Titles are lost to someone more deserving.
    Jericho and Show agree that they both have a higher chance at walking away with a belt if they have a guarantee it will be off Taker completely. Show agrees to lay down for Jericho given he gets the first shot at it. Show gets screwed when Teddy Long vetoes it because Show is a Raw Superstar and got his one and only shot at Survivor Series.

Thus there can be a little bit of dynamic between Jerishow with the tension about Jericho having the belt. But Show can't outright blame Jericho as it is not his fault Teddy Long intervened. It also allows Jericho VS Taker's first one on one match to be a lot fresher as the Triple Threat was not a legit victory.

The final thing is, the story of the match would be pretty cool. Everybody would be confused at first, and slowly the announcers would clue in on what is going on. Taker would have to constantly attempt to break up the pin fall/take them both down. It wouldn't be a GREAT match by any means. But it would be something different.

The Devil You Know

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'm partly disappointed and partly happy about this match. On one hand, we're going to get some Taker/Jericho interaction for the first time ever but on the other hand, you've got Big Show in there to ruin it all. This is the launching pad for the Jericho/Taker feud everyone, including myself, wants to see but then instead of just Armageddon, it's now "Tables Ladders & Chairs", so that means if they did a singles match between Taker/Jericho in December, it wouldn't be a regular match and plus, I'm hoping they can somehow save a singles match between the two for Wrestlemania.

One of my big gripes about this match is that in order to stick with the "Survivor" concept that this event was founded upon, they really should make the WWE Championship Triple Threat and this, elimination matches. Overall, I think that would work better because then you could have Show get eliminated somehow to have the much anticipated one on one interaction between Jericho/Taker.

Curtain Jerker

Status

They should have saved Jericho and Taker for WM.
    What if Edge can't come back in time,then Jericho is left without a feud.
    Ugh,the best and only first time feud they have left now between two mega stars and they're already ruining it by rushing it.

Sweet Meat

Status

I'm 90% sure Edge will be back, plus I'm sure they'll be doing Jericho/Taker after this. As long as them mixing it up is limited, I'm fine with it personally.

Spoiler:

Curtain Jerker

Status

Jericho FTW - carry it to WM hopefully. I've hear rumours of UT vs Y2J at WM

Curtain Jerker

Status

Yah this was a wierd match but I expected the Undertaker to take down cina at end with the lights fading out on him.....I mean the madison square garden is all about wierd, and something to expect on the other hand

Curtain Jerker

Status

the WWE wanted to have symmetry in the main events and having DX in one and Jerishow in the other makes sense. They put Show in there because it gives him a reason to turn on Raw AND imagine if Jericho had been handed the shot, then Show would have to beat Kane for the shot which would only further undermine the SD roster wouldn't it? I think the WWE did it the right way.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I'm glad the main event is not Jericho vs. Undertaker. if it turned out anything like last week's match it would have been a huge disappointment... and that was on network TV.

Sweet Meat

Status

I thought the time they had was good stuff and obviously they'd go far more out if it was a big PPV match opposed to a barely built TV match.

Spoiler:

Thread Information