Thread: The Fall of Theodore Long

People's Champion

Status

The Fall of Theodore Long

I am one of the few people who actually like Theodore Long as General Manager. I thought that he had done a great job up untile he had that Heart Attack thing liek a year or two ago. He gave the people what they wanted, and he kept the SMackdown people in line. I thought he was the best Smackdown GM since Stephanie McMahon.

So what did he do wrong that made TLO Vince's puppet?

Re: The Fall of Theodore Long

What he did wrong was not being entertaining. I was never a fan of Teddy as GM. He went from being an entertaining heel manager to being a shell of his former self after the face turn. It truly amazes me that he's been the longest GM (In total) than anyone else.

On Vacation

Status

Face GM's are boring as hell. Teddy Long just came out said "Holla Holla Holla" and that was it. Now Vicky, there was an entertaining GM.

It went wrong for Long when he had nothing entertaining to do. He didnt have a 'character' that was definable, which really hurt him. If, you know, the WWE showed any attitude at all, I'd have him ralley up the black wrestlers for a take over like his old gimmick.

Of course today its more like the Muppets Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Saviour View Post
    If, you know, the WWE showed any attitude at all, I'd have him ralley up the black wrestlers for a take over like his old gimmick.
    It's also unlikely since every male black wrestler in the WWE is a face with the sole exception of Big Zeke.

Vintage Orton

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Long was good at the start but has now faded out and doesn't really suit the GM position anymore. I feel that he needs to be refreshed so to speak and possible become a manager to someone like he was before and let someone else take the GM role such as Vickie although she annoys me with her EXCUSE ME!

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devils View Post
    Long was good at the start but has now faded out and doesn't really suit the GM position anymore. I feel that he needs to be refreshed so to speak and possible become a manager to someone like he was before and let someone else take the GM role such as Vickie although she annoys me with her EXCUSE ME!
    Maybe he needed to be turned heel with the whole Undertaker screw job and basically say "Screw WWE"? lol.

Thread Information