Thread: WWE Bragging Rights - World Championship Fatal Four Way

Sweet Meat

Status

WWE Bragging Rights - World Championship Fatal Four Way

World Champion Undertaker vs. CM Punk
    vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Batista

At WWE Bragging Rights, new World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker will defend his title in a Fatal-4-Way Match against three former Word Champions: CM Punk, Rey Mysterio and Batista.

The Deadman defeated CM Punk inside The Devil’s Playground at Hell in a Cell to win his seventh World Title. Five days later, The Straightedge Superstar stormed his way into Friday night, demanding that SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long give him his mandatory rematch on his terms. But before the issue could be resolved, Mr. McMahon emerged to “help” Long make “his” monumental announcement – the former Straightedge Champion’s rematch would be a Fatal-4-Way at WWE Bragging Rights, and it would also include The Master of the 619 and The Animal.

With his most recent acquisition of the gold, The Phenom has arguably transcended other SmackDown Superstars to reach a level of competition all his own. The Undertaker’s reputation has become as intimidating as his deadly arsenal of weapons. And now that he holds the World Title as his “holy grail,” is it conceivable that any Superstar will ever overcome his wrath?

However, in a Fatal-4-Way the odds are against The Undertaker. And because he does not have to be pinned to lose his championship, the fate of the World Title could ultimately end up out of his control.

The Undertaker’s history of battle with Batista has been nothing short of epic, and SmackDown’s “blue chip acquisition” has shown no sign that WWE Bragging Rights will be any different. Since moving from Monday Night Raw, The Animal has been more ferocious than ever, scoring victories over the likes of United Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show, respectively. With his outrageous momentum driving this fierce competitor like never before, Batista is capable of knocking anyone off the mountain so that he can have it all to himself.

Despite losing the title to The Demon from Death Valley, Punk’s aggressive performance at Hell in a Cell will stay etched in the minds of the WWE Universe forever. He has continued to show his ability to emerge as a strong competitor for any type of match thrown at him, no matter the odds. His A-list skills, fused with an anything-to-win attitude, make the three-time World Champion a very dangerous threat to the gold.

And if the match wasn’t explosive enough already, enter the TNT-like assault of the ultra-athletic Rey Mysterio. The Master of the 619 has refused to be denied as one of the top Superstars in WWE, as his high octane-offense has continued to propel him to new heights. Second only to his heart is his barrage of dangerous maneuvers that may allow him to walk out of WWE Bragging Rights with the gold around his waist.

The fast-paced fury and unpredictable mayhem of a championship Fatal-4-Way will test four of the most dominant Superstars on SmackDown. Who will emerge with the World Heavyweight Championship? Find out live at WWE Bragging Rights, Oct. 25 at 8/7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Takes life. Seriously.

Status

Re: WWE Bragging Rights - World Championship Fatal Four Way

Could be a decent match if done right. But I'm pretty sure it will be a yank job like most Fatal 4 Way matches are. But it definitely has a great deal of people to work a good match. Rey and Punk always work good together. Batista has improved in working matches and the Undertaker can work fantastically, the question in his case if he is able to or wants to in this match. It isn't as serious as Wrestlemania or anything big in his career, so who knows if he'll have much reasoning. If Hell In A Cell was any determination of the quality his matches are going to be, I would say his performance will be very mediocre.
    If you're reading this it means you're looking at a really old post, or I just recently posted again for some reason. Enjoy it!

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Putting Taker in a fatal four-way seems to me to just be a way of masking Taker's current inability to work a long match. I expect to see him taking a lot of breaks and Rey/Punk doing a lot of the work.

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Putting Taker in a fatal four-way seems to me to just be a way of masking Taker's current inability to work a long match. I expect to see him taking a lot of breaks and Rey/Punk doing a lot of the work.
    I was thinking the same thing. They'll have Taker "laid out" for long periods of time during the match. With Rey and Punk going at it, and Batista with the occasional domination. Who knows, we may see the start of the Batista/Taker feud in that match.

rko1 melbourne

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CuttingEDGE View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. They'll have Taker "laid out" for long periods of time during the match. With Rey and Punk going at it, and Batista with the occasional domination. Who knows, we may see the start of the Batista/Taker feud in that match.
    yeh that sounds about right, There is no way in hell that taker should lose this match, and if he does, wwe have issues

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I'm looking foward to it. I've wanted to see Rey Mysterio face off with undertaker for years.

The only problem I have with the match is that the odds are stacked against the only heel in the match.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Sweet Meat

Status

I honestly wouldn't be too shocked if Punk won it back. Between WWE's hot potatoeing and Undertaker apparently not being able to go much, a Punk win seems very possible. Imagine him gloating for months of beating Rey Mysterio, Batista, and The Undertaker to win back his coveted World Heavyweight Championship ~! Golden.

But.. I really don't want ANOTHER title change.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Sweet Meat

Status

You make some good points.

Either way I'm intrigued by both the outcome of this and how long it gets, plus the match should be quality too.

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I hope Rey wins the title. He's become one of my favorite WWE wrestlers and he really deserves a good reign with a world title. I know it wont happen but a guy can still dream.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I think Rey's taking the pin here, setting up a Batista heel turn. Or we may even see the Batista heel turn during the match. Vince has been backing Punk since he came to SmackDown, why would he put his golden boy in a Fatal Four Way he wasn't going to win. Batista's come into this as a hired merc in my eyes. We're getting the start of a new Corporation faction I think, with Punk as the new Rock.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I think Rey's taking the pin here, setting up a Batista heel turn. Or we may even see the Batista heel turn during the match. Vince has been backing Punk since he came to SmackDown, why would he put his golden boy in a Fatal Four Way he wasn't going to win. Batista's come into this as a hired merc in my eyes. We're getting the start of a new Corporation faction I think, with Punk as the new Rock.
    Intresting idea, but I still don't see it. I think it'll either be another boring Batista title win or Undertaker will retain. The Iron Man match will go on last and I think that if anything intresting happens it'll be saved for that MATCH.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Well, I sincerely hope something interesting happens in an hour long match featuring Randy "Rest Hold" Orton.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

To be fair, it's most devastating chin lock in wrestling. And it will only take up 10% of the match time.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

That's a full six minutes of headlock though!!

Anyway, I hope something interesting happens in this one to, because in complete honest I just don't care about it. The Fatal Four Way stipulation only makes sense if Punk wins in my opinion... Or if it finally reveals Vince as the man pulling the strings to keep Punk in Title contention by having Punk lose in some contrived manner. I can't the match ending definitively at all though. Whoever wins it, will do so in a way that makes us all feel a little robbed.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Great looking match, which we all know is taking place due to Undertaker not being 100%, this will probably be better than any Undertaker/Punk match we've had so far.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Enjoyable little match, but nothing special. It went exactly how I thought it would, lots of finishers early on and nowhere near enough time.

I think WWE should've help off the Undertaker/Rey exchanges until after a stare down.

I loved the Batista heel turn. Very well done in my opinion, but I would've had Batista beat up Rey slightly more just so he's kept off TV for a couple of weeks.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

My kinda interpretation of the aftermath:

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be too shocked if Punk won it back. Between WWE's hot potatoeing and Undertaker apparently not being able to go much, a Punk win seems very possible. Imagine him gloating for months of beating Rey Mysterio, Batista, and The Undertaker to win back his coveted World Heavyweight Championship ~! Golden.

But.. I really don't want ANOTHER title change.

Yeah I forgot about that. I would prefer they didn't have any interaction until a one on one match down the line (whether that will be at this year's Mania I don't know. In an ideal world I'd have Cena/Taker and Jericho/Edge). That said, they will still be two HUGE names who have never had a one on one match and WWE will be sure to put that over if and when they have one.
    Last edited by Jim; 11-15-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Information