Thread: Big matches you'd love to see

Tommy Got Hacked

Big matches you'd love to see

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Who's next?

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Re: Big matches you'd love to see

Cm Punk V Triple H

John Cena V Cm Punk

Chris Jericho V Edge

Edge V Cm Punk

Chris Jerico V Randy Orton

Will Add More Later

Shawn Michaels vs Rey Mysterio
    We saw the one time dream match, but before Michaels retires, I want to see a proper feud. It would be an insane way for Michaels to end his career with a few matches on PPV against Mysterio before Mysterio finishes him off at Wrestlemania.

Chris Jericho vs The Undertaker
    I'm not sure how good the matches would be, but just the fact that these two have never had a singles match is enough to warrant a big match. I don't know how they managed to never have a match. I can understand not on PPV, but they've never even wrestled at a house show one on one.

Shawn Michaels vs CM Punk
    With Michaels' past drug abuse well know, the story could be perfect for a feud. This is another Shawn feud that needs to happen before he retires.

Those are the only big matches that I'd be interested in seeing.

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Only ones I'd really like to see are Michaels vs Punk and Taker vs Jericho. Michaels/Punk would be epic though. I'm just imagining Michaels hitting the SCM after slipping out of the GTS or hitting it after shoving off Punk's corner bulldog. That feud would be much better than the Hardy one, for obvious reasons, but moreover because Michaels is probably the only guy I hate more than Hardy and would want to see Punk cave his face in with the GTS. ^_^

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

There are quite a few in the WWE's grasp right now. If they retooled the brands a bit they could have so many fresh big time championship bouts.

Cena VS CM Punk
    Punk holding the title 'til Mania followed by Cena crossing over to Smackdown as the fan's last hope of ridding the chickenshit CM Punk of their beloved World Heavyweight Championship could be gold.

Edge VS Christian
    With Edge's face turn being heavily hinted at, this match likely will never see the light of day. Christian is far too hot as a face to turn right now. The only way this would ever happen (I could see Edge retiring very soon) is if they threw a swerve out. Christian feuds with Jericho, Edge returns but aids Jericho as opposed to Christian.

Triple H VS CM Punk and HBK VS CM Punk
    Now that I think about it. Trading Punk over to Raw for a package deal would be in WWE's best interests. I love Smackdown right now (although it hasn't been very good for the last two weeks.) but there is just so much Punk could do as a long term heel champion on Raw. You've got Cena, Triple H, HBK, and an up and coming MVP who could be built in the background as a future opponent. That alone is easily over six months of fresh big money feuds.

Cena VS Batista 2
    For this to really be as hot as it should be Batista would have to turn and Cena would have to have the belt. Batista goat's Cena into a title match under the guise that Cena has never beat Batista. They flirted with this feud back at SummerSlam a year back but due to injuries it never flourished. If WWE hyped this match all the way from the Rumble to Mania it could get some huge buy rates.

As you can see, when the WWE builds just ONE new star it breeds a multitude of fresh matches. CM Punk could be WWE's heel meal ticket for almost a year on Raw if they really wanted to stretch things.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

I'd like to see Cena v The Undertaker again. Maybe Punk v Michaels.

Bourne v Punk would interest me.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    United States

Shawn Michaels vs John Morrison - See the Shelton Benjamin match in 2005. Morrison and Benjamin have similar styles, and Shawn is Shawn, so it has potential to be great. Hopefully it'd go into a feud.

Evan Bourne vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Rey Mysterio in a Ladder Match - The three best highflyers going at it. Not too sure about the technical value, but it sure as hell would be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Platinum View Post
    Although most wouldn't want to see, I still think Triple H vs Undertaker would be huge at this stage, especially at Wrestlemania, too.
    Ugh. Keep those two away from each other. Their 2002 feud was horrible.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Wouldn't really consider it big at this point....but to me it would be criminal for Bryan Danielson and HBK to not be televised in a match at least once before HBK retires.

Rising Above...

Status

I have to agree with the majority and go with the same picks:

Shawn Michaels vs. Rey Mysterio
    Shawn Michaels vs. CM Punk
    Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker
    John Cena vs. The Undertaker

But the two feuds involving the Undertaker are the ones that most interest me.

Takers' next Wrestlemania match has to be against either Cena or Jericho in my opinion. I'd slightly favour the Jericho match up, because the hype and pre ppv interaction between the two could be really good. Especially if they allow Jericho and Taker to create the segments themselves; Jericho has a history of thinking up good ideas to build feuds. The Cena feud would probably come off as more of a feud out of respect from the Cena side... which probably wouldn't be that interesting to us. So i'd have that as a Summerslam feud. Also I'd like to see Cena beat the Undertaker at a big event, but not end the streak, that's why I'd choose Summerslam over Mania.

In a way I’m kind of disappointed David Hart Smith is probably a good few years off being an established and polished wrestler. I think a feud between him and Shawn could have the potential to be great. They have all the back story with the matches against Davey Boy, and the Hart Foundation. As well as DHS looking to gain revenge for what Shawn did to his uncle at Survivor Series 97. That could have had the potential to be huge. Shame Shawn will have long hung up his boots by the time Smith is ready for a feud like that.

rko1 melbourne

Status

Y2j v miz
    Taker V Kane for WHC
    HHH v Undertaker
    Morrison v HBK
    Swagger v Edge
    Orton v Christian

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

I have, in my opinion, the perfect idea of a "past vs. present" match.

If John Morrison and HBK were to ever cross paths in the WWE, they could have an epic feud. HBK could be the heel, and could ridicule Morrison for not ever being able to meet HBK's standards of having enough "star power". John Morrison could then turn to his aggressive manner, seeing is how HBK would be 100% over with the crowd as a heel. Morrison could then challenge HBK with matches and they could be win/loses between them. Then, when it looks as if they're even, HBK attacks Morrison, potentially injuring him. Then this is when the feud starts to heat up. There are times when they interfere in each other's matches, and then they meet backstage and get into fights. Then, like two weeks before WrestleMania, they have a cliche contract signing. All goes well, until HBK begins to talk badly about Morrison. They get into it, and Morrison tries the flying chuck, misses, and gets nailed with sweet chin music. Then they settle it at WrestleMania!

Thread Information