Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The IC Title match removed from Breaking Point!

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    United States

The IC Title match removed from Breaking Point!

HAHA this is probably the dumbest thing WWE can ever do. We all know that this match would have been match of the night. Now WWE removes it. That's the match I was most looking forward to, now that's all WRECKED!!! It was Ziggler's 3rd chance at the Intercontinental Title now who knows when the next time he'll get a chance. Let's just hope they put it back on and this is all just a mistake! Check it out here: WWE: TV Shows > WWE Breaking Point > Matches

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: The IC Title match removed from Breaking Point!

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Platinum View Post
    Who's we? There's no way it would have been as good as Punk/Taker, Cena/Orton, Christian/Regal or even DX/Legacy.
    It's the match no one has seen before and both of those competitors are amazing wrestlers. A lot of people wanted to see what they can do in a match with each other. We have seen Cena/Orton MANY times before, it's getting extremely old. I don't think Christian/Regal will be very good. They're not gonna be given enough time is what i'm thinking. We'll see about DX/Legacy. It's gonna be all of those guys putting submissions on each other. They try to make it "extreme" by making it Submissions Count Anywhere! I don't know how you can't say that Morrison/Ziggler would have been Match of the Night! I guess Taker/Punk will be good. That's also a match we've never seen before. We'll see.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Um..they fought each other on Smackdown.

Plus, thank Rey Mysterio. There is no build up from Ziggler and Morrison, and from what I've read, I think they're saving it. It does strike one less potential good match off the card, but nothing too big. Not match of the night.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Tommy Got Hacked

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Okay, I have to disagree with you, Tommy. I'm not big on Morrison, but come on. You did even like Mysterio/Morrison?
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status

I guess you guys are right! Maybe i was overreacting but i still wanted to see those guys go at it for the title! Even if it's on Smackdown, i'm fine with it.

Tommy Got Hacked

Scumbag Role Model

Status

You were just saying Morrison hasn't put on a great match. I don't think he's amazing but he did impress me with that, the match against Bourne earlier this year and the match against Hardy a month ago.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Tommy Got Hacked

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

The match definitely needs some build up, so I see no problem here.

Main Eventer

Status

The match needed build, but I still think it would of been a pay per view caliber match. Little disappointed but this leaves hope for a good angle for the two.

Maria joins J-Mo?

Tommy Got Hacked

Broadcast Journalist

Status

I was looking forward to this, too. As was said, a lot has been invested in the IC title to just eject it from the next PPV. It's a waste. On the bright side, at least Taker/Punk and others will probably get a few more minutes.

Wii #1

Status

Why are people jumping to the conclusion that the match is canceled? WWE has removed matches from the PPV site before and kept the match.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
    Why are people jumping to the conclusion that the match is canceled? WWE has removed matches from the PPV site before and kept the match.
    When?

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I thought the match made sense with Ziggler being the number one contender before Morrison snuck in and won the belt. But I don't care if it's off the card. I like Ziggler with a talented opponent but that's about it.

I would speculate about another match replacing it. But I think it just means we're going to have some really long submission based matches.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

For both wrestler's well being, this match shouldn't have happened so soon. Basically, both men are not in a position where they can lose at Breaking Point. First, there's John Morrison. Since coming over to Smackdown, Morrison has been pretty direction-less. Is he a main eventer or a mid-carder? He gets some big wins, but still lacks and real spot on the brand. Now that he's champion, he has a spot. However, before losing the belt, he really needs to reinforce that spot with some wins. Winning and losing the belt so quickly would hurt him in my opinion. The last thing any SD booker wants to do is hurt Morrison since he seems as if he could break out in the main event any time now. On the other hand, there's Dolph Ziggler. While he does have a couple of good matches with Rey Mysterio that has helped his push, he's 0-2 on PPV when it comes to the title. Eventually, looking good isn't enough. Had Mysterio remained on the roster, I have full faith that Ziggler would of won the title this Sunday. Going 0-3 on straight PPV's, I really feel as if it would of been time to throw someone else into the challenger's position for now.

The next PPV is on October 4th. Rey Mysterio's suspension ends on the 2nd. If it was up to me, I'd book a triple threat for No Mercy/Hell in a Cell between Ziggler, Morrison and Mysterio. In that time, have Morrison keep winning matches while Ziggler keeps looking good and reminding people he has a title shot. On the PPV, Morrison takes Mysterio out with any major move, but Ziggler steals the win and the title. Morrison looks good, but Ziggler gets the belt. You'd have two major options after that. Either finish the Ziggler/Mysterio feud at Cyber Sunday/Bragging Rights with Ziggler going over and then continuing the Morrison/Ziggler feud or go straight into the one-on-one feud between Morrison and Ziggler.

At least for now though, there's no reason to go ahead with a Ziggler/Morrison match at Breaking Point. I'd much rather see the Christian/William Regal match that we were screwed out of at Summerslam.

WAKE UP

Status

Oh well, no big deal. I like Dolph a lot but am still waiting for him to wow me and I have trouble sitting through lengthy Morrison matches.

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

Who's we? There's no way it would have been as good as DX/Legacy.
    Can't see Rhodes and DiBiase carrying Triple H somehow.

Morrison is basically a mindless spotmonkey who struggles to fill time in longer matches and doesn't know the basics of psychology imo.
    I wouldn't go that far. As a heel he was one of the more sound wrestlers going in the 'E. It just seems to me like he's trying to hard to impress the fans with 'KEWL FLIPZ~' at this point, which is a bit disappointing. Unfortunately, considering he's being pushed now more than ever I can't see it changing.

Should also point out that I do quite like Morrison.
    love ire & song

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information