Thread: Pro Wrestling Showdown

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Pro Wrestling Showdown

Pro Wrestling Showdown - PWS

- Exclusive all male roster, although with interest in forming a women's division in the near future / bringing in women as valets

- Limited resources and funding, so dependent on a large number of workers being on open contracts with only a limited number having being offered anything contractual/written

- Three title structure similar to TNA, although with an interest of bringing a World Tag Team Titles & a Cruiserweight Titles in the foreseeable future

- Very much an indie, with no serious expectations or aims to grow past a certain level within the near future. Against bringing old and retiring wrestlers, and remaining much more loyal to the independent scene. Good relations with Michael Quackenbush and Gary Silkin allowing for much more free movement of ROH and Chikara worker with open contracts

Title Belts (3)

PWS World Championship
    PWS Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
    PWS Openweight Championship

Roster (29)

Fire Ant
    Solider Ant
    Worker Ant
    Vin Gerard
    STIGMA
    Colin Delaney
    Player Uno
    Player Dos
    Prince Devitt
    Ryusuke Taguchi
    Jay Lethal
    Consequences Creed
    Eddie Kingston
    Davey Richards
    Homicide
    Vladamir Kozlov
    Chase Stevens
    Monty Brown
    Petey Williams
    Matt Sydal
    Paul London
    Matt Morgan
    Chris Sabin
    Chris Hero
    Super Dragon
    Steve Corino
    Chuck Taylor
    Sheamus O'Shaunessy
    Nigel McGuinness

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Re: Pro Wrestling Showdown

Pro Wrestling Showdown 1

Pro Wrestling Showdown airs for the first time on live television, at a later time of 10PM due to the lack of demand from the bigger television networks. An opening video package is shown, allowing the audience to get an understand of the talent that PWS is very much going to be promoting and showcasing on a weekly basis. Particular attention is paid to the likes of Chris Hero, Sheamus O'Shaunessy and Chris Sabin. As the video comes to and end, the camera is quick to motion towards the mainstage as a shot of the commentary is given to the onlooking audience.

“This is Pro Wrestling Showdown the place where...” - Paul Heyman

“Boring! Come on Paul, as a woman I know for certain that a generic line like that just isn't sexy enough as we all know...sex sells.” - Traci Brooks

“Oh deary me, I should have known better. You really think your the expert of the wrestling business out of the two of us Traci?” - Paul Heyman

“From that response I know for one, you ain't getting any. And secondly, I am pretty sure that it wasn't me who couldn't deal with financial matter that inevitably sent a wrestling promotion six feet under. Oh yeah, that was you.” - Traci Brooks

“Your a real piece of work, I have the right mind to...” - Paul Heyman

Traci however, carries on as if Heyman wasn't even speaking. Something, which the guys in the truck pick up on as they for a moment cut off Heyman.

“Tonight's debut show, will see three matches that will blow most men socks off. And a few women's tops off, if your already in party mode girls. And I can't think of a better way to kick of proceeding than with a traditional singles match up.” - Traci Brooks

Fire Ant
    vs.

Prince Devitt

An opening contest, on the first televised show is always going to be one that is watched with anticipation and ruthlessly judged leaving no prisoners behind. The styles of both men seemed fairly compatible, although it is understood that both men are known far more for competing within a team. Devitt looked strong in parts, although seemed to have an almost undoing determination to make use of the turnbuckle and ring ropes at any opportunity he good, whilst Fire Ant seemed much more comfortable in wrestling as it came and not really having any hot spots within the ring. This seemed to work more in Fire Ant's favour who in transition lifted Devitt up and over with an Inverted Death Valley Driver to wrap up the match.

Winner: Fire Ant

After the match, the camera cut backstage to find none other than Colin Delaney standing next to backstage interviewer Christy Hemme. The match that the interview wasn't scheduled would lead one to assume that Delaney has one if not a few things he wants to get off his chest. The fact that Delaney seemed to be quite frustrated about something or another, seems to make Christy slightly unsure of herself.

“Colin can I take this time to inform you that you are going to be the first wrestler ever to have his voice heard during a live broadcast of Pro Showdown Wrestling, how do you feel?” - Christy Hemme

The fact that Delaney was annoyed before, means that the look on his face can only suggest that he is more pissed off than before. Walking forward he grabs the microphone out of Christy's hand as he looks at her.

“Don't you know who I am. I am Colin F*CKING Delaney. I was so valued in promotions like this, that it wasn't long before the big boys wanted to bring me to the party. Do you know who the WWE are Christy because I worked for them.” - Colin Delaney

“I worked for them too.” - Christy Hemme

Despite Hemme's insistent voice it is clear that Delaney isn't listening which means that the camera has lost interest as it focuses soley on Colin.

“Now I don't have time for idle conversation especially when something that needs to be dealt with, needs to be brought up. For some God awful reason who ever is calling the shot for this company needs a serious kick to the Adam's apple. Whatever possessed you hire the likes of the Colony. I mean for God sakes, a cross between the Power Rangers and Ants! Do we really want to see sh*t like that in professional wrestling? No. And I am sick to death of all these gimmicks to the point, where I am going to have to deal with this problem myself. Fire Ant, Solider Ant, Worker Ant and all the other Ants can kiss my ass for all I care.” - Colin Delaney

Delaney still looks like he needs to hit someone, but seems to have finishes his rants as he hand his microphone roughly back to Christy before storming off. The look on Christy's face shows that she really doesn't know what to say.

“It certainly seems that young Delaney has a problem with the Colony, something which I am sure we will see evolve over the next few weeks.” - Paul Heyman

“I don't really know why you can't come up with anything original, instead of just stating the obvious. Don't you think the fans had pretty much come to that conclusion themselves?” - Traci Brooks

“Its not really a matter of...” - Paul Heyman

“I believe I just asked you a question, now I you going to have some manners and answer it? - Traci Brooks

“I am sure they did but...” Paul Heyman

“Next up tonight, we see Eddie Kingston go one on one with none other than Homicide. A man who has not been joined by his good friend and tag team partner Hernandez on PWS on the understanding that Homicide has come to Pro Wrestling Showdown with a clear steer towards singles competition. No doubt though this match will be one, that will generate some excitement amongst the fans in the build up.” - Traci Brooks

“Did you know that...” - Paul Heyman

“Did I say you could speak yet? - Traci Brooks

Eddie Kingston
    vs.

Homicide

Kingston in certain ways looked at a disadvantage going into the match, as his actual technical skills are no where the level that Homicide has managed to achieve whilst working with some major names in the business in recent years. A number of perfectly executed moves from the man of Puerto Rican decent looked as if he very match had a debut win in the bag. However an unexpected Back Fist To The Future left Homicide rocked, and everyone was thinking that Kingston very much had the match turned around. However, Kingston became to cocky and went over the top which resulted in a botched move reversed into Da Gringo Killa giving Homicide the easy pinfall.

Winner: Homicide

A disheartened Eddie Kingston left for the back, as Homicide continued to celebrate his win in the ring. As Kingston started walking backstage though, clearly not in a talking mood he found himself be blocked by Davey Richards.

“I suppose that is the reason why people like me spend more time on Ring of Honor, whilst people like you are more inclined to trudge your way through the sh*t that is Chikara.” - Davey Richards

“I know your not serious. Tell me your joking and I will let you off this one time.” - Eddie Kingston

A smug look appears Richards' face, one that Kingston doesn't respond too all that well.

“Are you sh*tting me? After your perform like that, live to the nation you expect me to worry about you and your empty threats. Your just another nobody and don't you forget that.” - Davey Richards

Eddie seems to just snap, as he throws a punch at Richard as both men begin to brawl in the back, however the fighting goes no further as a number of security workers and backstage staff appear and pull the men apart as Kingston has the final word.

“Your dead Richards! Dead!” - Eddie Kingston

As both men are dragged off in separate ways, the unique commentary team that is Traci Brooks and Paul Heyman are given some air time once more.

“I think that reaction just confirms all our suspicions. Eddie Kingston really just is a little bitch that can't handle losing. People just need to grow up and deal with it.” - Traci Brooks

“I think that is a little harsh Traci, I mean I am pretty sure the only reason Kingston reacted in the way he did was because Richards was pushing all the wrong buttons.” - Paul Heyman

“Don't kid yourself, Kingston looked like he was on the verge of having a temper tantrum before he even walked into Richards. If anything he should be grateful for the air time, god knows he didn't deserve it.” - Traci Brooks

“In the last match of tonight, we will begin the first of four first round matches in the mission to crown the first ever PWS World Champion. With eight men involved in the tournament, we have a guarantee that one of these men will be a World Champion if they manage to win three matches in a row.” - Paul Heyman

“And first two men to have their slice of the cake will be Chris Sabin and Super Dragon. There is no doubt in my mind that this match, will be definitely one worth watching no matter who comes out the victor.” - Traci Brooks

Chris Sabin
    vs.

Super Dragon

The match was certainly quick off the mark, with an early advantage going with Detroit's own Chris Sabin. Sabin notably hit a tilt-a-whirl headscissors takedown before hitting the Leaping of Faith! Super Dragon seemed to look to be down and out, as Sabin continued to catch out Super Dragon as he smashed Super Dragon's with the Hesitation Dropkick. Sabin picks up Dragon and attempts to throw him with the Cradle Shock, however Dragon reversed the move and spunk Sabin around knocking him out cold with the Barry White Driver.

Winner: Super Dragon

The show closed with Super Dragon celebrating in the ring, as Traci Brooks and Paul Heyman had their final say.

“I guess that is a shock win right there, I am assuming that every expected...” - Paul Heyman

“Shut up and show your respect for Super Dragon.” - Traci Brooks

“I was just saying it because...” - Paul Heyman

“No one is listening Paul. See you next weeks folks.” - Traci Brooks

Jobber

Status

Overall that was a good show for the first show of a new company. Though I would have put 1 or 2 more matches into the show with all the talent that you have on the roster, to me you could've had more than three signles matches in there, a Tag Match or something like that would have added to the appeal.

Overall: 7/10 The Show was shorter than I expected but the promo's were good and I enjoyed the Colin Delaney Segment, and Traci Brooks on Commentary. But to get higher you must make your shows longer.

Russo Knows Best!

Status

An hour long show, so three matches is generally the most you could fit in. Although, I will get longer segements and promos out once I develop a few basic storylines.

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Pro Wrestling Showdown 2
    Pro Wrestling Showdown hits the air once more, as a video package plays showing the best of last weeks actions plus shots of those expected to make appearances over the next couple of weeks. In particular the Eddie Kingston Homicide encounter, and the Super Dragon vs. Sabin match are given as the opening credits are shown, before the camera cuts backstage to all three members off the Colony with Solider Ant and Fire Ant standing on each side of the self elected voice of the Colony; Worker Ant.

“In 2006 three ants formed the Colony, in 2007 we started winning matches after matches, BLKOUT, F.I.S.T, the Ring of Honor students, we were on a major role...” - Worker Ant

Before he can continue Soldier Ant elbows Worker Ant in the ribs, as he whisper something into his ear. Worker Ant gives a response that is anything but silent.

“What do you mean I have used this material before? Back to what I was saying, since the Colony formed we have stood up for one thing, all that is right, all that is good and all that is just in wrestling.” - Worker Ant

Worker Ant finds himself interrupted once more, although this time by it is Fire Ant who has a quiet word with Worker Ant. Once again though, Worker Ant holds nothing back forgetting the microphone is in his hand.

“What do you mean that is three things? I only made one point okay, now will you two just stop interrupting me already?” - Worker Ant

Worker Ant shakes his head not looking at all pleased, as Solider Ant goes back to his salute poses whilst Fire Ant starts to jump up and down on the spot as if he has ants in his pants. Worker Ant just looks back at the camera once more as he begins to talk.

“Colin Delaney you think the Colony is a joke! You think we are something that tarnishes professional wrestling and gives it a bad name? You think we are nothing more than a cheap gimmick? You know what I think Delaney. You are nothing more than a hypocrite. Have you seen the company you keep? Have you ever watched a DVD recording of you in action, because I will inform you that I have and it is one of many things I will regret watching to this day. If you were thinking we were going to call you out, and start some war with you then I regret to inform you that that won't be happening anytime soon. You see you are nothing but a scrub, period!” - Worker Ant

As the opening scene fades, we cut to commentary which in recent reviews have been talked of highly largely due to the fact that finally the wrestling world has discovered someone with the ability to shut Paul Heyman up. Even if it may be only temporary, whilst the snake in the grass seeks out some sort of contingency plan.

“I think the Colony put it pretty well, I mean lets be honest what the hell has Delaney ever done in this business other than embarrass himself that makes him thinks he can tell anyone what to do and where to go in this business.” - Traci Brooks

“Delaney is allowed to have an opinion, I mean this is the....” - Paul Heyman

“No he isn't, just like you. You have got to learn that some people just don't care what you have to say and the sooner you deal with it the better. And just in case you were going to say it, I am Canadian and not American so I don't give a sh*t about any constitutional rights you want to bring up.” - Traci Brooks

“Where do you get off? You have absolutely no...” - Paul Heyman

“First up tonight we will witness the first ever tag-team match in Pro Wrestling Showdown history, between the Super Smash Bros and Lethal Consequences. Word in the back, is that both teams are very much being considered as contenders for the Junior Heavyweight Tag Team titles.” - Traci Brooks

Super Smash Bros (Player Uno & Player Dos)
    vs.

Lethal Consequences (Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed)

Not a match for the traditionalist, largely down to the fact that both Player Uno and Player Dos appeared to be on a very different script. Instead of actually wrestling, both men seemed to be determined to play to the audience whether it was joining in a chant or do some sort of dance in the middle of the ring that was often met with an angry kick from both Lethal or Creed as a response. Eventually though the Super Smash Bros decided to play ball, to the point where Player Uno though he had the match won when he hit Consequences Creed with the Dig Dug Driver. Unfortunately at the exact same moment Jay Lethal hit the Lethal Combination to Player Dos, and rolled him up for a quick pick.

Winners: Lethal Consequences

“Close match there, that saw both teams put on a truly entertaining match. Which ever member of management in the back is going to take on the role of an authority figure, I would recommend that both these teams are considered as capable contenders for the Junior Heavyweight Tag Team belts.” - Paul Heyman

“ I would agree with you there , although Apollo 55 surely have to be seen as another team worthy of holding the belts. Both Devitt and Taguchi have shown how dynamic they are as a team, during their stint together within New Japan Pro Wrestling. Moving on though, it seems that free agent Katie Lea is backstage with none other than official interviewer Christy Hemme.” - Traci Brooks

“That sounds hot.” - Paul Heyman

“Shut up pervert!” - Traci Brooks

Female talent Katie Lea, who at the moment in time doesn't actually have any sort of contract with Pro Showdown Wrestling stands next to Chrisy Hemme. The two time Ohio Valley Wrestling Champion stands still, clearly wanting for Chrisy Hemme to break the silence between them.

“So Katie Lea welcome to Pro Showdown Wrestling. Currently you are out of work, so on behalf of everyone at home we would love to know what exactly you are doing here at PWS?” - Christy Hemme

Katie Lea smiles as he move forward slightly and licks her lips.

“Why did I come to PWS? Quite simple actually, because my heart has been telling me too. You see there is one person that I just can't get out of my head and it is driving me crazy?” - Katie Lea

“So basically you are saying that you have a crush on a member of your roster...willing to divulge the information with us?” - Christy Hemme

Katie Lea smiles once more, and she looks like she has something to say but almost as if something is pulling her back.

“I will tell you what, next time I come back to PWS...I promise I will personally.” - Katie Lea

“Thats a date.” - Christy Hemme

Katie Lea smiles as she walks off, leaving a clearly excitement Christy Hemme smiling to herself, clearly wondering who Lea's mystery crush is.

“I wonder who Katie Lea's crush is I hope its...” - Paul Heyman

“Carry on dreaming, word is though that some sort of confrontation has just broken out in the back.” - Traci Brooks

The figures of Matt Sydal and Paul London can be seen shouting and swearing at each other, as they are being kept away from each by various members of the roster. It is clear that both men have something to get off their chests, which is fitting as both men have scheduled to take each other on next.

Matt Sydal
    vs.

Paul London

Both men seemed to go all out in this match, after a both men's blood has boiled in a pre-match argument. The fact that both men are notorious for their high flying move-sets meant that this was a match that was anything but boring. Whether if it was hurricanranas, ezuigiris, diving cross bodies or springboard assaults neither man held anything back. The match ended when Sydal went for the Shooting Star press but, was taken out in mid-air double drop kick that was only followed up by a 450º Splash to take the match.

Winner: Paul London

“What a match we had there with two of best luchadors, if they would welcome that name currently working in North America at the current moment in time. That sure was a great match, what do you think Paul?” - Traci Brooks

“Well I would say that...” - Paul Heyman

“Boring! Anyway, moving swiftly on we have the second match in the current series for the World Champion. The next two men to compete in the first round, will be PWI's 7th best wrestler of the year Nigel McGuinness against the 'Blue Print' Matt Morgan and what a treat we are in store for...next!” - Traci Brooks

Matt Morgan
    vs.

Nigel McGuinness

A match that wouldn't be seen as a mismatch largely due to the fact that both men are not only in perfect physical condition but technically are very aware of their surroundings within the ring. On the off though, Morgan looked very much to be pulling the strings. This included McGuinness being on the end of a nasty rear naked choke, before being sent down to the mat with a Carbon Footprint! Morgan arguably went too far, as he clambered onto the turnbuckle going for some sort of splash move. McGuinness though recovered quickly, to hit the Tower of London to take the match and advance to the next round of the finals.

Winner: Nigel McGuinness

McGuinness enjoyed his win, as he stood over Morgan's knocked out body with the knowledge that, along with himself and Super Dragon there were two other men who he could come up against in the next round.

“And there we have it yet another man to make it through to the Semi-Finals. McGuinness proved to everyone, why having the blueprints doesn't always mean you are guaranteed the victory.” - Paul Heyman

“And before I have to chop this idiots Ponytail off, goodnight and see you next time.” - Traci Brooks

Sand in the potato salad.

Status

Love the rosters, and the shows are good. Kinda short, but good. I'll definitely be keeping up with this.

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Love the rosters, and the shows are good. Kinda short, but good. I'll definitely be keeping up with this.
    Sort of throwing realism in slightly...late evening 10PM airing. One hour slot...so three advert breaks = 48 minutes.

Three matches etc. Progressive.

Thanx for the comments though

Who's next?

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

looks great good roster nice backstory will be reading

Thread Information