Thread: NWE

Russo Knows Best!

Status

NWE

For the last couple of years since the true development of NWE, largely down to the booking powers of Kishi (Solofa Fatu) the European based wrestling promotion has been building itself up although despite the involvement of a number of major player within its roster it has become evident that without any pulling power NWE will remain in the fallout zone between an indie promotion and a top tier federation. With only 15 wrestlers with full-time contracts it is still very much clear that a lot of work must happen; both structurally and financially if NWE is going to see some serious change for the better. Due to this all fifteen men were offered new contracts, with all re-signing.

-:Current Roster:-
    Black Pearl
    Chris Mordesky
    John Heidenreich
    Jungle Pac
    Juventud Guerrera
    Kishi (On-Screen Commissioner)
    Mini Dragon
    Orlando Jordan
    Spartan 3000 BC
    Supernova
    Ultimate Warrior
    Ultimo Dragon
    Vampire Warrior
    Vito

Destiny Girls; Annie Social, Lizzy Valentine, Regina and Sarah Jones were also given new contract deals as were referees Andrew Quildan and John Desbarres as well as in-ring announcer Todd Kennelly.

This appropriations became enabled when MAGNUMGROUP srl. found themselves put out with an offer they couldn't refuse from Italian Businessman Flavio Briatore and a group of retired wrestlers acting as one voice in terms of the business choices made. For legal reasons, and not wanting to damage the image of the company's natural growth they have asked to remain anonymous.

Due to the larger capital having been made available to NWE, former talent Raven, Low Ki, Sterling James Keenan, Rhino and Charlie Haas were all brought back to the fray along with previously unused talents; Davey Richards, Nick Aldis, Doug Williams, Rob Terry, Amazing Red as well as female talent in the form of Katie Lea and Rhaka Khan. Due to the intention of putting out a weekly product, Tony Schiavone and Joey Styles have also been brought into to fill positions on the commentary table.

NWE will air a one and half hour a program every week on Saturday Afternoon, to its domestic market of Europe as well as to Canada, USA and South Africa. The program will simply be known as Nu-Wrestling Evolution, and booking wise in terms of Pay Per View and major events will be decided and drafted together on a weekly basis dependent on the fruition of the project. All the can be now said is; “NWE the place to be.”

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Re: NWE

Live from The Coca Cola Dome
    Johannesburg, South Africa

15th August 2009 @ 18:00 EST

Match One

Super Nova & Juventud Guerrera
    vs.

Ultimo Dragon & Amazing Red

A simple tag match, with four men known for they skills as high fliers or rather luchadors. The opening contest sees two Mexicans in the form of Super Nova and Juventud team up against Japanese masked legend Ultimo Dragon and Mikey Whipwreck's protegee Amazing Red. This is an opening contest, that is going to be anything but boring.

- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -

Match Two

Vito LoGrasso w/ Annie Social
    vs.

The British Invasion (Doug Williams & Rob Terry)

When a two on one handicap match is on the books you always feel slightly concerned about the lone individual. With Annie Social in his corner however, will Vito LoGrasso have what it takes to beat the odds and get a victory over the British Invasion?

Match Three

Low Ki & Charlie Haas & Rhino
    vs.

Vampire Warrior & John Heidenreich vs. Spartan 3000 BC

A six man tag, that sees three past members of the NWE take on three men who remained. A match up that seems to be a face off between technical skill and sheer power. Will this be just a match to showcase talent, or does the set-up of this match leave either side feeling that they have to prove a point?

Match Four

Sterling James Keenan
    vs.

Davey Richards
    vs.

Nick Aldis w/ Katie Lea

This triple threat match sees three men from three very different walks off like. SJK the American who has made his name in Europe for UK's 1PW and NWE, whilst Davey Richards has taken the US independent scene by storm with major stints with Ring Of Honor. Aldis better known as Brutus Magnus is the well known leader of the British Invasion, and find himself being managed by fellow Briton Katie Lea. One has to make the assumption, that winning this match is going to be highly advantageous in terms of jostling for position.

Main Event
    Nu-Wrestling Evolution World Heavyweight Championship

Raven
    vs.

Orlando Jordan
    vs.

Ultimate Warrior
    vs.

Chris Mordesky

This fatal four way contest, will be contested for the vacant World Heavyweight Title. With four men with four very different careers, whether it be drugs related, sexuality related or a matter of mental state they will have the privelege of leaving all that baggage behind as they set a target of becoming a World Champion.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

As I told you earlier, I'm finding it hard to get hyped for this just because I'm not a huge fan of NWE's roster. Although I do applaud you for doing a BTB that hasn't been done before and I will tune in for the first show to see where you go with this.

Character wise, Raven would probably be the best World Champion.
    lol?

Russo Knows Best!

Status

15th August 2009

As Nu-Wrestling Evolution launches around the globe, to the number of countries that have its airing rights the camera pans across the Coca Cola Dome in Johannesburg before the camera is quick to cut backstage, as the commissioner known now simply as Kishi is standing backstage in suit and tie and is on the verge of beginning a conversation with Nick Aldis leader of the British Invasion, who has both Doug Williams and Rob Terry standing behind him clearly watching his back.

“Now I hope you understand that there is only so much I can do given my situation, as you understand there are a number of barriers currently in my way that prevent me from allowing what was previously suggested prior to all three of your signing your contracts.” - Kishi

Nick Aldis has a grimace or rather a scowl on his face, as he doesn't seem to happy with what he is being told. Being a man known to be vocal every since his time on UK Gladiators, one can't be surprised with the tone in which he responds.

“Now I understand that your a businessman and so I know that you may have complications, barriers and generally people that will get in your way. However, I will take this opportunity to remind you that 'said stipulation' was one of the many reason me and my boys walked out of TNA and came back to European shores, even if we are currently in South Africa at the moment on this world tour, isn't that right boys?” - Nick Aldis

“It sure is.” - Doug Williams

“Definitely.” - Rob Terry

“On this basis I will give you some leeway, however you got to fully accept that I do expect your offer to come to fruition sooner or later. For now I am not going to give you any sort of ultimatum, as no doubt you have other important things to worry about at the current moment in time. I am a patient man, but that doesn't mean I won't forget about it though.” - Nick Aldis

Both Rob Terry and Doug Williams had moved towards the door of Kishi's office, as Kishi just stood still for a second and smiled as he nodded.

“Don't worry about it Nick, I am always true to my word.” - Kishi

As the British Invasion looked like they had just about left, it was big man Rob Terry who left with the final word.

“For your own sake, you better hope so.” - Rob Terry

As the British Invasion leave, leaving Kishi on his own the brief moment allow for commentary member Joey Styles and Tony Schiavone to get in their first words of the night.

“I have no idea what exactly Aldis and Kishi were talking about, but from the tense mood and the nature of the way they were speaking it definitely sounds like this situation is going to evolve other the next few weeks no matter what direction it moves in.” - Tony Schiavone

“But onto more important business. Welcome everyone to Nu-Wrestling Evolution, live from Johannesburg, South Africa. My name is Joey Styles and I am joined by my commentary partner Tony Schiavone.” - Joey Styles

“And what an honour it is, largely to the fact that I am once again on a decent pay roll once more. Forgetting the politics for a second. I think it is time we concentrated on the first match of the night.” - Tony Schiavone

- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -

Super Nova & Juventud Guerrera

vs.

Ultimo Dragon & Amazing Red

The match in many ways was exactly what the fans wanted in terms of an opening contest, leaving them gawping and gasping at the sheer athleticism and skill that all four luchadors possessed. Although the team of both Mexicans seemed to be far more compatible it was, the individual prowess of both Ultimo Dragon and the Amazing Red that seemed to shine through. With the Amazing Red, very much keeping Juventud preoccupied, it was Ultimo who managed to pick up the win via the Dragon Sleeper that managed to have Super Nova tapping out due to the clear fear of passing out.

Winner: Ultimo Dragon & Amazing Red (via Submission)

In the aftermath of the match however, it was Red and Ultimo Dragon who had a final moment between them as they just stared at each other in the middle of the ring. It was evidently clear, that both men very much had the very same thing in mind.

The American born, but of Italian stock Vito LoGrasso is standing backstage with current manager Annie Social. Vito, being of Italian decent and NWE having domestically started within Italy has meant that Vito had instantly become a fan favourtie despite the attitudes or beliefs he seems to run through on a day to day basis always changing like an indecisive child. It is Annie Social rather at the moment, who is having to deal with Vito and his 'problems'.

“I can't believe management have put me in this match. How do they expect me to take on two men, when I have barley had anytime to prepare for it. I mean who do they think I am? - Vito LoGrasso

The looking on Annie Social face, just shows that she wishes she was somewhere else. However, she is getting paid extra by managing Vito so advise or rather reassurance very much being part of the job description she is quick to give Vito a response.

“Have you thought that maybe management believe that you are more than capable of taking on two men and are presenting this an opportunity to prove yourself?” - Annie Social

“Well you do make a good point, I mean there is no doubt that I am world champion material. The fans have been talking about it for long enough.” - Vito LoGrasso

Unfortunately for Vito, he has fallen into a trap that many popular wrestlers fall into. Being a fan favourite in the modern era, doesn't necessitate that you are world championship material. It simply means that you are liked nothing else. A fact that even Annie Social recognizes.

“Why don't you just focus on tonight, and the after you can start worrying about world titles.” - Annie Social

Vito LoGrasso w/ Annie Social
    vs.

The British Invasion (Doug Williams & Rob Terry)

It was more than clear that Vito very much had the odds against him, as both English men put on the pressure and utilizing quick tags and all the underhand techniques known in the game they allowed themselves to gain an advantage over Vito, who actually put up more of a fight than was expected as managed to kick out of a number of pinfalls that most had assumed would bring an end to the match. It was an interruption from Annie Social that totally distracted Rob Terry with her female charms that allowed for Vito to seem to get an advantage over Doug Williams as he picked him and launched him over with The Code of Silence. Despite, the power of the move when he dropped for the cover Williams managed to roll over Vita for a school-boy roll up in what can only be described as stealing the expected victory.

Winners: The British Invasion (via pinfall)

The Brits seemed more than happy with the result of the match, leaving an exasperated and clearly frustrated Vito LoGrasso in the ring. It was Annie Social who thought looked the more irritated of the two left in the ring as the broadcast cut to an advert break.

*ADVERTISEMENT BREAK*

Low Ki & Charlie Haas & Rhino
    vs.

Vampire Warrior & John Heidenreich vs. Spartan 3000 BC

Although clearly not planned, the match was announced to be under tornado tag rules by in-ring announcer Todd Kennelly prior to the beginning of the the match which was instantly met with a positive reaction for the South African fans as this ruling allowed for a lot more freedom and brutality to occur from both of the teams involved in the match. Notable points of the match included Rhino connecting with a perfectly timed gore to Spartan 300 BC, not to forget Low Ki and Vampire Warrior exchanging blows on top of the turnbuckle that saw both men tumble over in the confusion and crash onto the concrete floor below. However it was the erratic and unpredictable behaviour of Heidenreich that came through in the end as he managed to catch a flying Haas in mid-air only to bring him down to the canvass with a Spinning Side Slam to the end the match after a quick count.

Winner: Vampire Warrior & John Heidenreich vs. Spartan 3000 BC (via pinfall)

After the match, it was victor Vampire Warrior and Heidenreich who found themselves in a conversation if it can be called that as both men walked in the general direction of the men's locker-room.

John as that match wore on, and the sweat dripped down my back I was presented with a vision that can only be described as the perfect solution for all the animals and monsters of the night, and all those that are tormented for their punishment in the day. The fact that a man of your stature and in-ring prowess is able to encapsulate everything that is needed for such a task a new I had to make you an offer you couldn't refuse.” - Vampire Warrior

However, before anyone is allowed to here anymore of the conversation Vampire Warrior leads Heidenreich into a room along the corridor and leads John inside it, with no light present. The camera crew seemed wary, and not wanting to pursue and lose their chance as the door is slammed shut behind them.

Chris Mordesky is sitting backstage, lifting up a number of hand weights in the gym in a process of preparing for tonight's main event which could see him become the new World Champion. To his left is another man that is set to compete, although much sooner in the form of young up and comer Davey Richards. Both men seem to be busy on focusing on their workouts, but it is Mordesky who finally breaks the silence between the two of them as he drops his weights on the floor with a crash, loud enough to gain Richards' attentions.

So who exactly are you taking on tonight.” - Chris Mordesky

Richards doesn't seem to be sure, about Mordesky but for the sake of keeping face is quick to reply. Despite what his personal feeling might be, it is clear that he knows a man like Mordesky should be respected for his achievements within his career so far.

I've been given the privilege of taking on Sterling James Keenan and that damn mouthy Brit Nick Aldis. Although, thinking about it Keenan spent so long working for those shit-faces at 1PW! that he is effectively a Brit by default now anyway. Got to do this for everyone at home really.” - Davey Richards

Mordesky smirks to himself, something which Davey is quick to pick up on.

What exactly are you smiling about?” - Davey Richards

Well for starter's where someone comes from and what they stand for really doesn't matter in this business. Well not unless you have that skills to get inside their head, and even then it is still 90% physical. In many case, the biggest obstacle in my view is myself.” - Chris Mordesky

Davey just looks confused, or rather perplexed and his silence is taken as a sign from Chris to carry on speaking.

In my opinion the greatest enemy when you step into that ring is self doubt and self awareness. When you have full control of both those two things, than in many ways anything is possible. Think about that a little before you step in there tonight.” - Chris Mordesky

Richards has what can only be described as a 'What The Fuck' face as he is replies to Mordesky as the muscle bound Adonis leaves the room.

Yeah sure, thanks for the advice.” - Davey Richards

Richards shakes his head in disbelief as Mordesky leaves the room. As he leaves the gym himself though, he finds himself standing in the way of another man set to compete in the night main event, Raven.

Tonight the wind will howl, and the bitterness of the night will scream in dismay. Only a true warrior will remain standing as the night comes the an end, quote the Raven nevermore.” - Raven

Yet again, the look on Davey Richards expressed just how the fans in attendance and the those watching at home are feeling, pure and utter bewilderment.

Sterling James Keenan
    vs.

Davey Richards
    vs.

Nick Aldis w/ Katie Lea

In many ways this match in terms of a booker's point of view, could be seen as the best thing about the entire card and it was a match that wasn't one to disappoint. Sterling James Keenan to begin with seemed to actually work in unison with Davey Richards with a shared goal of removing Aldis from contention as soon as possible. This was finally done, with both men connecting with a double running boot that sent Aldis toppling over the top ropes. With SJK and Davey Richards remaining both men went all guns blazing, but it was Richards that seemed to have the distinct advantage and after hit the DR Driver it seemed that the match would almost certainly be over. It was at this time that Katie Lea clambered into the ring, distracting referee Andrew Quildan. It was at this moment that Aldis re-entered the ring holding a pair of brass knuckles as he sucker-punched SJK before throwing him out of the ring and laying himself over Richard, as the referee turned back around and thus forced to simply make the count.

Winner: Nick Aldis w/ Katie Lea (via pinfall)

Aldis was joined by fellow British Invasion member, as all three men had been victorious. It was Katie Lea who was given a lot of attention though,as she was handed a British Invasion t-shirt it what can be seen as her induction into the solely British stable.

Backstage former world Champion Orlando Jordan, found himself being interviewed by one of the original Destiny girls Lizzy Valentine.

Orlando tonight you take part in a match, that could possibly see you become the NWE Champion for the second time in your career. The fact that Ultimate Warrior, that man that beat for the title last time is involved in tonight contest must be a worry for you?” - Lizzy Valentine

What happened in Barcelona was merely a freak incident and I can promise you right now, that Warrior will never get a victory over me ever again. And if he does, I promise I will leave this company forever.” - Orlando Jordan

Jordan walks off, and it is quite obvious that the name belonging to the Ultimate Warrior is one he doesn't respond to very well.

Nu-Wrestling Evolution World Heavyweight Championship

Raven
    vs.

Orlando Jordan
    vs.

Ultimate Warrior
    vs.

Chris Mordesky

The intensity of how important this match was seemed to radiate from the wrestlers themselves, to the point where the fans excitement seemed to be uncontrollable. Orlando Jordan was noticeably focusing his attention on the Ultimate Warrior to the point where he seemed so focused, that the Warrior seemed to stand no chance as he found himself being destroyed in the battle of attrition. However, Orlando seemed to forget that it wasn't just him and Warrior involved and found himself taken out from behind by Raven on one occasion causing him to clash into the ring post. With Raven focusing in on Jordan, Mordesky took hold of Warrior and locking in the Masterlock had the legend tapping in seconds crowning Mordesky the new world champion.

Winner: Chris Mordesky (via submission)

Mordesky seemed to be more than over-joyed as he found his hand being raised and the NWE World Championship being hand over to him, as the show came to an end with Mordesky lifting the world title belt above his head.

Thread Information