Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone as baffled as me at the Jericho's partner pick

Status
      Country                    United States

Anyone as baffled as me at the Jericho's partner pick

Okay talk about thrown together crap. First of all Big Show isn't even on Smackdown. You would think Jericho would pick someone from there.

Al though it sort of makes sense to have one from each that way you can pretty be on either show and it will make sense. But I dont know seems kind flimsy.

I realize they need to put Big Show in some sort of new program, but crap I just wish they gave the titles to Legacy, and they can build their tag team up.

Who do you think Jericho/Big Show will face next?

Do you think they'll give Legacy a rematch at Summerslam?

The Diamond Standard

Status

Re: Anyone as baffled as me at the Jericho's partner pick (Night of Champions Spoiler

I don't like the pick, but it makes sense that Jericho would want to pick someone big like Show. Perhaps Kofi and Evan Bourne will team up and go after the belts.

Status

Re: Anyone as baffled as me at the Jericho's partner pick (Night of Champions Spoiler

Yeah it does make sense, but I expect this to blow up in Jericho's face. And for Big Show to turn on Jericho, and screw him over.

Just think Jericho will treat Big Show like crap, and Legacy will win the titles.

Basic B*tches

Status

It's hard for me to believe that they don't have anything for Big Show to do, but it looks like the case here.

I'll be the first to admit that I was disappointed with how this all played out.. now, I'm not saying that I don't believe they'll be a good team, I think they will be and it did make sense that Jericho would pick a man as imposing as Show (even though the respective brands didn't match), but honestly.. Jericho doesn't NEED anyone. He's fine by himself and more interesting that way.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Jericho asked people via Twitter this morning to guess who his partner would be. I said "Your Twitter buddy, The Miz! I see through your shenanigans!"

Guess I was wrong....

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Wii #1

Status

I don't see why Legacy should get a re-match, they lost cleanly.

I don't like Miz. He is annoying (and now in the good way that heels are supposed to be, he is just plain annoying) and decent in the ring.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vintage Orton

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

It was surprising to me that Jericho picked Show because I thought he would pick Kane instead. I would've made a bit more sense to choose someone from his own brand rather than someone else but in a way it's better because now you will see the tag titles on both shows. Hopefully Legacy will get their rematch at SS and win this time.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

That's just retarded booking really. I mean from a kayfabe standpoint its good because its believable to casual fans. 7'0 400 & something pound monster by your side. Can't lose right?. Still wish wwe had been a bit more creative with their choice. At least have someone on SD be his partner since he's a SD superstar.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

They basically had an opportunity to do something great. They could have put someone with a bright future, with enough credibility, and with enough identity as Jericho's partner. They also could have done a great heel teacher/mentor thing, and they blew it. The Big Show needs to step aside. He does. I would actually rather see him program with the midcarders.

And this actually hurts the tag team division more. It shows the desperate build up they need. They seem to think having just one dominant tag team restores their division. It doesn't.

At least I get to call them JeriShow. And yes, I said it first.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Oh My Goddess

Status

Personally, I was hoping he would pick Swaggah. Big Show was so obvious that I never thought of it. I really have no problem with this. It puts Jericho and Show over as a dominant force and could add some prestige to the tag belts with a long reign. I see Miz and Maryse teaming up and starting a fued with Kofi and Mickie over their respective belts.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

pretty much no one would of guessed it would of been the big show but it makes sense from a kayfabe sense. Still wish they would of chosen someone else though who could of benefited from it.

Sicker Than Your Average

Status

Big Show as the partner was such a let down honestly. It ruined all the momentum jericho had because him and his partner is useless

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Big Show as the partner was such a let down honestly. It ruined all the momentum jericho had because him and his partner is useless
    Big Show is hardly useless. Also, picking him as his new partner didn't ruin Jericho's momentum, Edge getting injured ruined his momentum. Keep in mind WWE is trying to salvage a storyline here.

Brett is Back!

Status

The Big Show is now a superstar of very brand just like Jericho. This will be good for both of them.
    Favre and The Vikings are going to the Super Bowl.
    No one can stop The Favre and Peterson Connection!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Status

Meh. It makes sense from a kayfabe standpoint, but it sucks balls from a smarks standpoint. I would've much rather seen Christian, Miz, or Chris Masters as his partner. But instead we got the giant turd Bigshow! I can honestly only see Show dragging Y2J down. Which sucks for him because he's one helluva entertainer.

Stand back.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CCS View Post
    Meh. It makes sense from a kayfabe standpoint, but it sucks balls from a smarks standpoint. I would've much rather seen Christian, Miz, or Chris Masters as his partner. But instead we got the giant turd Bigshow! I can honestly only see Show dragging Y2J down. Which sucks for him because he's one helluva entertainer.
    Thats pretty much what I was going to write :/ lol, it'll be interesting to see who they take on next and if there will be a Tag Team Title match at Summerslam.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I actually would have loved the idea of Jericho not picking a partner and defending the tag team titles by himself. This would really work with how he put down Edge and said he does not need anyone worthless. However, if this were to happen, it would have looked pretty dumb, seeing as how he has been buried since losing Edge.

The Big Show, even if it was a pretty stupid move, give Jericho that strengh, seeing as he's basically destroyed a shit load of mid-carders.

As I posted earlier, I would have rather had a younger guy who could use the credibility and learn from Jericho.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Although it was anticlimatic I think this makes sense from a storyline standpoint. As much as I would have liked to see somebody elevated it wouldn't make sense for Jericho to go from a World Champion for a partner to a midcarder.

As for opponents, it'd be cool to see Jericho beef Christian. It would all intermingle in the storyline because Jericho is being a dick to Christian's kayfabe brother Edge who is also now a face.

You've then got two programs going into it, one Christian/Jericho for the ECW Championship and eventually Christian attempting to find partners to rekindle is past Tag Team glory and beat Jericho/Show. Edge eventually returns aiding Christian saving him from a beat down. You then have two big money matches in E&C VS Show/Jericho at No Way Out, along with Edge VS Jericho at Mania.
    lol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information