Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw July 20th - Preview and Live Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw July 20th - Preview and Live Discussion

Live 9PM EST!

Expect fur adorned guitars and chin locks of a different kind on what could very well be the most rhythmic Raw in history this Monday.

Perhaps accompanied by the famed rev of their scarlet red Ford Hot Rod, “The Eliminator,” ZZ Top’s burly bearded Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill roll into Raleigh, N.C., on Monday night to serve as the show’s first-ever special guest co-hosts.

“It’s no secret that ZZ Top is a big fan of WWE,” admitted an enthusiastic Gibbons in an exclusive interview with WWE.com. “When it comes time to addressing what one of our favorite things to do is, besides playing loud rock and roll, it’s watching some wild and raucous shenanigans in the ring.”

Multiple-time Grammy Award nominees, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees and stars behind countless hit songs such as “Gimme All Your Lovin’” and “Legs,” ZZ Top is one of the most globally recognizable rock bands of all time. “That Little Ol’ Band from Texas” is prepared to bring their boogie and blues style to Raw’s squared circle, live in the RBC Center.

“Coming in as a combination is probably not going to be too much different from the way we approach our appearances on the live stage,” said the lead vocalist of his pseudo-tag team with Hill. “We can’t think of anything we like doing better than playing [music], with one exception: Tagging up with WWE.”

The earliest recollection of Gibbons’ squared circle appreciation was birthed – much like himself – in Houston, Texas, where he watched Paul Boesch establish his promotion’s legacy in the Lone Star State.

“[Boesch] is well known and remembered with a recollection of the highest order,” Gibbons explained. “He was genuinely dedicated and a great community leader. People not only looked up to him, but also certainly enjoyed his action in the ring.”

Gibbons’ appreciation extends to this very day, mere months after the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania in his hometown this past April. He and his fellow band members have also been seen on SmackDown and Hollywood’s WrestleMania 21.

“[ZZ Top is] partial to the Texas boys,” he proudly proclaimed. “‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin’s been a dear friend, and he’s one of the great WWE stars along with Undertaker. Then again, you have Triple H, Big Show, Carlito … the list goes on and on.”

But despite his admiration for a number of ring warriors, Gibbons – in homage to the ZZ Top song of the same name – revealed the one, indisputable “Sharp(est) Dressed Man” of WWE.

“Vince McMahon,” affirmed the rock purist with a vigorous laugh. “He, like ZZ Top, is all about bringing a quality to the show that is unsurpassed – and that goes for his sense of style. He is definitely a well dressed man.”

While he’s sworn to be unbiased when it comes to those on the Raw roster with equally bountiful beards, Gibbons did identify another Monday night personality who just might receive their very own ZZ Top-enhanced entrance theme.

“We could re-write ‘Legs’ for Lilian Garcia,” he joked. “Instead of ‘she’s got legs,’ we would do a special version: ‘I’ve got legs.’”

The full extent of ZZ Top’s plans for their full control of Monday Night Raw remains yet undisclosed, but if their recently kicked-off tour with Aerosmith is any indication, WWE fans should certainly prepare for a change in tempo.

“We’re bringing some good ol’ American rock and roll around the good ol’ U.S. of A. this summer,” said Gibbons, a true “guitar hero.”

He added, “[The WWE Universe] can expect some interesting surprises. We’re going to be on Raw hootin’ and hollerin’ with the rest of the fans. It’s all about having a good time. Rock on!”

See Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill host a history-making Monday Night Raw, live on the USA Network at 9/8 CT.

Users with bad / fake email accounts

Status

Re: Raw July 20th - Preview and Live Discussion

ZZ top as GM's...Should be interesting, i expect no shocks, nothing exciting and Orton to get beaten up.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I thin everything regarding Night Of Champions is obvious at this point, so I'm not expecting anything exciting.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Hopefully its a good show. Yes that is wishful thinking but who knows Raw actually may do a good show.

Users with bad / fake email accounts

Status

ZZ top were born as old men. Just a thought!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

As long as Orton doesn't always feud with the sepcial guests, I'm fine with tihs. ZZ Top will be very interesting. Can't say I expect anything
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Diamond Standard

Status

I would love it tonight, if Vince came out at the end of the show and said "Please welcome next weeks special guest host.......................... JEFF JARRETT".

But alas that likely will not happen.

I expect a US Title match to be made tonight and Jillian to job to someone

Internet Favorite

Status

I expect Cena, Orton and Hunter to be in the main event. Again. I also expect Orton to lose whatever match he competes in, and Triple H to dominate.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by acailler View Post
    ZZ top as GM's...Should be interesting, i expect no shocks, nothing exciting and Orton to get beaten up.
    If you expect no surprises, nothing exciting, and Orton to get beat-up.....what exactly do you think is going to be interesting?

That's a very contradictory statement.

Status

I'm here, ready to go.

Status

21 minutes. Yay.

Status

Damn I'm burnt as hell. 6 hours at Six Flags in insane heat ftl

Status

Kings Dominion > Six Flags.

Just sayin'.

Status

Dont know what that is, but I road on Bizarro about 4 times today haha. It's the Superman rollercoaster only with a few new effects.

Here's what it looks like on the front row

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYOoxyYgha0

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    Kings Dominion > Six Flags.

Just sayin'.

Yes. Six Flags is just too darn crowded for my tastes. Kings Dominion also has better rides and a better funnel cake.

BOT, I can't imagine ZZ Top doing anything but cutting a weak promo and ogling the Divas.

Status

Six Flags in New England isn't that crowded. I'd say the biggest coasters only take around 35-45 minutes to get on. Other ones were either no wait or 15 minutes.

Status

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FII0IxES4

Volcano. Best coaster ever.

Status

That looks pretty cool. I mostly only like coasters with a huge drop at the beginning those are my favs haha.

Wii #1

Status

"Only" 35-45 minutes? That is too freaking long for any ride. When I went to Six Flags Darien Lake (now just Darien Lake Theme Park Resort since Six Flags sold it), I only went on the Superman: Ride of Steel ride once because it was not worth the 45 minute wait in line. I love the park, but the long waits are annoying.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
    "Only" 35-45 minutes? That is too freaking long for any ride. When I went to Six Flags Darien Lake (now just Darien Lake Theme Park Resort since Six Flags sold it), I only went on the Superman: Ride of Steel ride once because it was not worth the 45 minute wait in line. I love the park, but the long waits are annoying.
    lol 45 minutes isn't bad for me. I need time to calm down after a big coaster. But ya I mean I could pay another 28 bucks on top of my season pass to go to the front of the line but f that.

Thread Information