Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Real" Storylines

Tommy Got Hacked

"Real" Storylines

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Billy Bitchcakes

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: "Real" Storylines

As long as WWE doesn't go too far with it, and WWE has a history of doing that.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Gillberg View Post
    As long as WWE doesn't go too far with it, and WWE has a history of doing that.
    I agree. WWE has gone overboard in the past, but then again if the wrestlers don't mind having their real lives involved in stories then it doesn't matter. They do have a say in that, right?

Brett is Back!

Status

Well I don't know. If I was Matt Hardy I would be pissed off. Edge took his girlfriend for real and they made a story of it. Poor fella.
    Favre and The Vikings are going to the Super Bowl.
    No one can stop The Favre and Peterson Connection!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Yeah, it is really stupid and unneeded. The sad thing is that they are trying to get our attention. I mean, marks (mostly) understand that wrestling is fake but pretty much accept everything that happens in the show as a fallacy. So to them Punk/Hardy is just another storyline, with some Drug Policy Innuendos that they aren't catching.

They could have had Punk do/say anything to Hardy to solidify the Heel turn, but they chose is his real life drug issues for some reason.

I'm not exactly sure, because I thought WWE wanted to cater to the majority audience and whatnot. I'd of been fine with Punk fucking Hardy's mom or something like that, but that had to go the drug route.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

I'm all for it. Fans aren't like yesterday, unawares of wrestlers real lives, so we might as well move with the times and incorporate when neccessary.

Brett is Back!

Status

Kids look up to Jeff. Telling them that Jeff did(or maybe still do) drugs is a very good idea!

You may not remember it but Booker T's past was also brought up a lot.
    Favre and The Vikings are going to the Super Bowl.
    No one can stop The Favre and Peterson Connection!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Billy Bitchcakes

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin The Turtle View Post

You may not remember it but Booker T's past was also brought up a lot.
    Who could forget the time when he said he was a 5 time WCW champion?

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

If this was 10 years ago or so i would be against it simply because it would be breaking kayfabe way to much. Nowadays kayfabe is pretty much dead & buried & thanks to the internet wrestling fans all over the world are able to find out what goes on in superstars personal lifes & know exactly what goes on or has happened in a superstars life no real need to try & hide it from us anymore.

Plus by having them bring wrestlers past life situations into feuds they are able to make feuds much more intense i.e. HHH & Steph during the Orton feud. CM Punk commenting on Hardy's drug use while he is straight edge makes this feud so much more interesting as well.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

It depends on the dispute well enough. To some degree, with JEff trying to amend his problems, he's okay with people brining it up, because it just reminds him to keep improving. Same thing with MVP. It adds entertainment and passion in a feud, and it is usually what makes the best feuds.

To some degree, it really shouldn't be mentioned. (Matt Hardy)
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

I'm still waiting for the Randy Savage/Triple H/Stephanie McMahon love triangle storyline.
    lol?

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Platinum View Post
    For a while now, we have seen a lot of real life information about certain wrestlers used to create or elevate feuds in the ring. Last year we had Triple H alluding to Jeff Hardy's drug problems, and this has been picked up by CM Punk, who's straight edge lifestyle in reality could also be used as an example of this. Similarly, MVP's jail time was mentioned (to my knowledge) for the first time since he debuted by Jack Swagger on RAW last week.

What do you think about the use of real life events and characteristics in feuds? Do you think wrestling should be fantasy and should stay seperate from the real lives of the wrestlers, or do you think the addition of this information in feuds gives added realism and intensity and should be used more?

I personally like it, mainly because if a wrestler is talking about something they have actually experienced, they are going to be more passionate about it and will deliver better promos. Case in point: MVP last week.
    I definitely agree that real life issues brought into a storyline can make it all the more interesting. Punk and Hardy are a great example, as the fued has really benefitted from the juxtaposition of the pairs real lifestyles. KNowing Punk is straight edge, means that it's so much more interesting that he and Jeff are fueding, given Jeff's past.

Also MVP's promo abut serving his time, paying his debt, and encouraging kids to not make the mistakes he did was absolutely epic in every single way. It made him look phenomenal and the pop he recieved for it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin The Turtle View Post
    Well I don't know. If I was Matt Hardy I would be pissed off. Edge took his girlfriend for real and they made a story of it. Poor fella.
    Yeah, I'll bet he's so sad that the WWE had to rehire him because the fans were ruining their Kane/Edge/Lita storyline...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I'm not exactly sure, because I thought WWE wanted to cater to the majority audience and whatnot. I'd of been fine with Punk fucking Hardy's mom or something like that, but that had to go the drug route.
    I usually hate using internetism's but seriously, lulwot?

How can the WWE cater to the majority by having Punk fuck Hardy's mother? Especially considering she died when he was eight or something? Do we really need another Katie Vick storyline?

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by mileycyrusfan11 View Post

To some degree, it really shouldn't be mentioned. (Matt Hardy)
    Oh god, remember when Matt was rehired and he cut that promo, basically saying that Kane/Edge feud was fake? Stupidest promo I think I've ever seen.

Vintage Orton

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

it is well documented and adds more depth to a storyline but of course there is a limit on how far you can go with real life stories. I remember the Matt Hardy and Edge feud got very personal and so that's why WWE had to really seperate them with the brand extension. I do like the real life storied feuds just hope WWE learn from their mistakes on how far they will take them.

Curtain Jerker

Status

i think its kinda mean i mean the example with matt AND jeff. matt with the lita storyline and jeff with the drugs and the burned house i think its kinda of a an... how do i put it nicley... an asshole thing to do!

Indy Talent

Status

look at lod, whith animals drinking issues, and look at wcw with scott hall. real life when ppl have real demons can be dangerous as hell.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by breisleach74 View Post
    look at lod, whith animals drinking issues, and look at wcw with scott hall. real life when ppl have real demons can be dangerous as hell.
    Hawk's drinking issues weren't used until he'd conquered those demons (to my knowledge) and they were used with his approval. I can't speak for the Scott Hall, WCW angle though.

Indy Talent

Status

he had yeah but he and animal quit in the end cos they felt it was for too close to the bone. with scott Hall, they werent.

----------------
    Now playing: Morten Harket - Wild Seed
    via FoxyTunes

Thread Information