Thread: SWF: Shoot Wrestling Federation

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    England

SWF: Shoot Wrestling Federation

***Full roster to be posted in this space***

----------
    Backstory:

Frustrated with his direction in TNA, Kurt Angle made the shocking announcement to resign from the company and terminate his contract immediately. Having had broken bonds with Vince McMahon, it was quite evident a move back to the WWE would be out of the equation, and Angle questioned his future.

A month after his resignation, Angle made it clear of his intent to participate in the UFC. His first opponent couldn't be a better pick, as he was scheduled to face none other than a former rival in the wrestling business, Brock Lesnar, in an highly promoted exhibition bout. The bout attracted the highest audience in the history of UFC, recording a staggering audience of over 100,000 fans in the arena, as fans from the wrestling world joined in to watch. Olympic champion Kurt Angle won his debut match after a grueling match via a 6th round TKO.

Post match Angle realized how much of a sell out he really was, and saw a business opportunity in the wrestling industry to bring it back alive, with the theory of mixing the ideals of Mixed Martial Arts with Sports Entertainment. On July 11th, via a web announcement that would soon change the foundations of the wrestling industry forevermore, Kurt Angle officially launched Shoot Wrestling Federation, a wrestling promotions who's objective was clear to offer competitive wrestling with an influx of sports entertainment that couldn't be matched by its rivals.

On July 14th, Angle released the following statement on his website as part of his blog:

“Over recent days there has been a lot of people doubting the business model for my company, that is mixing the ideals of MMA into sports entertainment. Firstly it hurts me to see the current state of wrestling. Recently the mainstream industry has become a joke to what is sports entertainment, yes, this is about entertainment, but when you have guys dying in an explosion and then coming back to life, people giving birth to a hand, and having tasteless bikini contests every other or so week you know it's cheap 'entertainment', if you can even call it that. What I plan to do with MMA is give sports entertainment a new breath, give an edge of realism, an edge of true competition. That's what my company is all about. Being a World champion in SWF actually means something and means you can truly call yourself the champion of the world, as we only allow the best athletes to compete. SWF respects this business, we are serious about what we do, this isn't a soap opera, this is wrestling, but still sports entertainment. Rock N Roll was the past, attitude is the present, this is the future. SWF is as real as it gets...oh its damn real!

Kurt Angle."

Chikara Trainee

Status

Re: SWF: Shoot Wrestling Federation

Well a couple little mistakes, UFC fights only last 3 rounds no matter what type of fight. You would have to be fighting in almost a soccer stadium to fit 100 000 fans inside a show which I don't see happening in the UFC for years to come. Except for those two mistakes it looks pretty interesting and obviously something I can see Kurt Angle maybe doing minus the UFC stint.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Actually you have another error. Professional wrestling is actually male soap opera so you can't change that... at least I think so and yeah so no matter what, SWF would probably be categorized as Sport/Soap Opera on stuffs like tv.com and you can't really change that but other then that I like the backstory and from the banner you use I think it's evident that Lesnar which would be a pig plus, Hemme which is okay, and Danielson which is another big plus will be participating in this so called MMA/Sports Entertainment federation. I wish you good luck and will try to follow

On Vacation

Status

Championship fights in the UFC are 5 rounds...but six lulz

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Your banner is absolutely awesome.

That aside, your back story is so beyond ridiculous. It reads like one of Kurt Angle's ego driven wet dreams. I can just imagine this now.

**Angle wakes up in his Florida condo. He opens his fridge door and grabs a gallon of milk. He begins drinking it. He then gazes at his to do list for the next three months.**

-Buy More Milk (Check)
    -Sign With the UFC (To Do)
    -Sell Out Soccer Stadium While in UFC Despite The Average Viewing Audience Being 15,000 (To Do)
    -Face Brock Lesnar And Beat Him In Six Rounds VIA TKO (To Do) (Note that Angle is so delusional that he doesn't even know the proper UFC rules before he has his mind set on participating in the sport.)
    -Leave UFC as champion in order to start my own promotion which in three weeks time will not only send the WWE out of business but will also convince MMA's biggest drawing star to return to the industry which he hated. (To Do)
    -Pitch Script For Beverly Hills Cop 7 starring himself in place of Eddie Murphy to a Universal Rep (Check)

**Angle looks out to the Florida sun set realizing that he is on the cusp of realizing all his ATTAINABLE goals. He mutters to himself "wooo"**
    lol?

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Besides the fact that 100,000 people in a stadium is lulzy and Kurt Angle probably wouldnt have enough cash to start up any wrestling company on his own, everything else seems like it could be legit. Get ta crackin on yur btb mang!
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    England

Meh, the backstory was just to get the thing going really.

But I don't see how it's unrealistic at all tbh, except maybe the exaggeration of attendance figures. Kurt Angle can fight an MMA type style of wrestling, and there's already been rumours of him joining the UFC. So it's not unrealistic for him to take part in the UFC. Bear in mind Brock Lesnar did the same thing.

And I don't see how an MMA style promotion couldn't be classed as sports entertainment, the matches are an MMA style, which is basically a form of wrestling, and there's still storylines. It's not WWE type sports entertainment, but it's sports entertainment nonetheless.

Also, he may not have enough money, but this isn't going to be a global company with the production quality of WWE, it'll be more between the lines of ROH and TNA. Let's not forget the Jarrett's started up TNA, with very little financial assistance. And nowhere have I mentioned it's up to put the WWE out of business, the company just provides an alternative version of sports entertainment, seeing as how WWE and TNA are pretty much in the same boat.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I don't think it's too unrealistic honestly, besides the attendance thing, if it were me I'd probably wouldn't know what was the attendance either, you guys are picking at every fault he has, (I know but I did something meaningless) anyways I think your backstory is pretty good and it if you do well it could move on to be something great. Good luck with this and don't bring yourself down

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HartFoundation View Post
    I don't think it's too unrealistic honestly, besides the attendance thing, if it were me I'd probably wouldn't know what was the attendance either, you guys are picking at every fault he has, (I know but I did something meaningless) anyways I think your backstory is pretty good and it if you do well it could move on to be something great. Good luck with this and don't bring yourself down
    We're not trying to bring him down in an attempt to ruin his BTB. In general if five straight people agree your back story is probably ridiculous, odds are it is.

This doesn't mean this BTB doesn't have potential. I for one will give the first few shows a read and hope it succeeds.

One thing I want to know is since this seems to be a Sports Entertainment version of MMA will there be different weight classes for belts? That could be interesting but the downside is it'd severely limit the match ups.

Also what will the format look like? MMA and wrestling have major differences in their format. I'm curious how that will carry over here.
    lol?

Thread Information