Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Morrison is a terrible face

Tommy Got Hacked

John Morrison is a terrible face

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Re: John Morrison is a terrible face

100% agreed. Last night's segment with Long was beyond bad.

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

The segment was just plain gay.

Anyway, I disagree. Morrison has a kind of character you can like. He's a cool smartass, who can back it up in the ring. The crowd's been getting behind him even with the lack of promo time (which he needs to get to improve), so he's shown he can connect with them alright as a face anyway. The charter may need to be tweaked a tiny bit to make it more Jerichoesque (as a face, not the honest man crap), though I don't think it's that bad.
    love ire & song

Wii #1

Status

I disagree on Morrison being bad as a face. I think it's a little too early to judge since that was just a bad segment. Morrison has been alright on the mic by himself, and the fans obviously want to cheer him.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Last night's segment was beyond horrible.

Morrison is fine as a Midcard to Upper Midcard face, he just isn't nearly interesting enough to be a Main Eventer and center a show around. That is, unless something were to happen like what happened with Hardy where the fans pushed him to the Main Event. (Although I do not see that happening.)

I don't get why they don't give Morrison a mouth piece like Melina (no pun...). From what I remember she is pretty good on the microphone although I could be mistaken. Morrison is pretty mediocore on the mic.

WWE needs more managers who can get people over by talking whether it's male or female.
    lol?

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedestroyer View Post
    Last night's segment was beyond horrible.

Morrison is fine as a Midcard to Upper Midcard face, he just isn't nearly interesting enough to be a Main Eventer and center a show around. That is, unless something were to happen like what happened with Hardy where the fans pushed him to the Main Event. (Although I do not see that happening.)

I don't get why they don't give Morrison a mouth piece like Melina (no pun...). From what I remember she is pretty good on the microphone although I could be mistaken. Morrison is pretty mediocore on the mic.

WWE needs more managers who can get people over by talking whether it's male or female.
    When your gimmick is that of a smartass, having a manager defeats the purpose of your gimmick.
    love ire & song

I call it like I see it.

Status

I think the segment was god awful as much as the next guy, but I disagree that he is a terrible face. I mean sure he isn't the best mic worker, but he is sure a crowd pleaser by the amazing stuff he does in the ring. If he were given a gimmick just a little similar to the gimmick HBK had in 1996, I think it would work for him. With the exception of last night, I have enjoyed the Morrison face run. My only problem is that, they never really cemented why he all the sudden became a face, in the proper manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This picture for the win!

Favorite Superstars: The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, MVP, John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho

Favorite Divas: Mickie James, Alissa Flash, Sarita,Tara, Layla, Bella Twins

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Think he's good as a face but he is better as a heel. that thing with long was terrible but it would've been terrible no matter who it was.

Rise Above All!

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Think he's good as a face but he is better as a heel. that thing with long was terrible but it would've been terrible no matter who it was.

Have to agree with you there True Blue. the promo was beyond horrible.

I just think that creative needs to give Morrison enough mic time (a lot like how The Miz does). If this were to happen, I'm sure he would explain why he is a face

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

The Main Event Maker

Status

He got blindsided by The Miz and got drafted to a different show. That's how he became a face.

Wii #1

Status

Yeah, Miz basically made him a face by attacking him. Morrison didn't do anything, the fans just started cheering him and WWE rolled with it. WWE is sometimes smart to do this, like how they made The Rock a heel because the fans were already booing him and loudly chanting "Rocky Sucks!" even though he was supposed to be a face.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
    WWE is sometimes smart to do this, like how they made The Rock a heel because the fans were already booing him and loudly chanting "Rocky Sucks!" even though he was supposed to be a face.
    False. Cena?

Once Punk turns full blown heel, they should have a mini feud between him and Morrison. Not for the title because it is too early, but similar to the Punk-Edge feud a couple months ago. Morrison will shine as a face that way.

Tommy Got Hacked

Wii #1

Status

Yep, Long said Morrison will get a title shot against the winner of Punk/Hardy, although he didn't say when that title shot would be (would be awesome for SummerSlam, but it would probably just be on SmackDown).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tommy Got Hacked

Oderint Dum Metuant

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Creative sticks him in some lame ass, shit segment, and all of a sudden he sucks as a babyface? The crowds sure dig him.

With Edge out maybe a year, he's going to have a golden opportunity to step up.

Bangin' It.

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Classic View Post
    100% agreed. Last night's segment with Long was beyond bad.
    Well its a good thing that I don't watch Smackdown
    Nothings better than simplicity.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I though Morrison was a terrible heel, so I always expected him to be an even worse face.

He hasn't got The Miz to back him up now, and it's showing.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Dangerous Hobo

Status

Unfortunately, he's the second most over face on SmackDown now. R-Truth is gunning for that spot, but he won't get it while Morrison is getting pops that even rival Hornswaggle's.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Finlay once got a massive pop on a ECW show in England. Todd Grisham said his countrymen loved him. I think there might've been some sound trickery going on. And I think there must be some going on with Morrison. The only way to tell would be when Morrison get's on PPV next. So Survivor Series then.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Thread Information