Thread: CWA Rankings for July 1st 2009

God

Status

CWA Rankings for July 1st 2009

Position. Name - Originality, Relevance, Setting the Scene, Spelling/Grammar, Overall Quality - Total Score

09. Randy Robinson - 6.16, 6.66, 2.83, 2.33, 3.33 - 4.26

Randy Robinson made his CWA debut this week and got the win but he will need to improve his game if he is to remain undefeated for long.

08. Don de Vries - 6.00, 7.66, 5.83, 8.00, 5.50 - 6.59

Don de Vries found himself in a strong position to advance to the final of the X-Fly tournament, unfortunatly for him, he came up agains the in form and determined Joey Nicholas.

07. Jay Walters - 8.50, 8.33, 7.16, 5.33, 7.33 - 7.33

A strong performance from Walters on his CWA in ring debut gives him a good win over CWA veteran Shaun Quinn.

06. Rich Stone - 7.33, 7.66, 8.16, 6.83, 7.00 - 7.39

Rich Stone was looking to book himself a place in the main event at Redemption. While he will feel the referee played a big part in him losing, the fact is he came up just a little short. Stone can however take heart from the fact that he has a guanteed title shot in the bank anyway.

05. Roberto - 7.50, 8.16, 8.00, 6.16, 7.33 - 7.43

Roberto has earned himself another chance at CWA gold following his big win at Adrenaline Rush. Despite the positives, he was left lying in the ring by the man he had just beaten following a unprovoked post match attack.

04. Ralph McCoy - 7.75, 8.00, 7.25, 7.75, 6.75 - 7.50

Ralph McCoy got the better of Shadow Equinox at Adrenaline Rush but even he must admit he had a little help along the way. Not that McCoy should care, he is now in a title match at Redemption having debuted only a few weeks ago.

03. Shadow Equinox - 6.75, 7.75, 8.75, 7.50, 7.00 - 7.55

Shadow Equinox once again lost when it mattered but has he achieved something bigger than a win? Has he finally shaken free of the clutches of the manipulative Demon Deeds? From the looks of things, the two are no longer on good terms with each other.

02. Joey Nicholas - 7.16, 8.00, 8.50, 7.16, 7.16 - 7.59

Joey Nicholas once again lived up to his nickname of the Real Deal as he brushed aside another challenger as he bids to make wrestling history at Redmeption when he could become the only man to ever be the inagurial champion of two different title belts.

01. The Ultimate Pain - 6.50, 8.00, 8.75, 8.00, 7.00 - 7.65

The current CWA World Champion was challeneged to a match by rookie Adam Brown. Brown decided to try and make a name for himself against the top gun in CWA but ended up on the recieving end of a bad beating as Pain continued his winning streak that now extends to eight in a row.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Danger Zone

Status

Re: CWA Rankings for July 1st 2009

My crappy promo from last week got a higher grade then this one I did this week

so 6 pages of hard work< 1 page of throwing stuff together interesting

sorry to be a baby but as you can tell Im annoyed. Once again no disrespect intended to Sawyer, just aggravation talking here

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

The way i figure it we will all see a very good triple threat match at redemption

Ramrod!

Status

Hehe, now I need to really step my game up if I want to beat Paid Laid!

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

I love the fact all these people are sending in promos.

Sonic, post your promo, Im dying to see it.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

The grammar let you down a bit this week Sonic, but yeah, that seems a little low.

I really don't think mine should have been #1 this week, it wasn't that good at all.

And he scores goals...!

Danger Zone

Status

The grammar wasnt the part that upset me because that is obviously my own fault. The thing that was angering me the most is the 7.00 for overall quality.

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

Ok, I just read your promo and you definitely should have gotten a higher mark. But I'll tell you this without putting you down, because I do agree that the mark is low.

The best promos for me are the ones that are short and sweet and the ones that build a character and are easy and fun to read. Now, they can be long too, but if they are, they gotta keep me interested all the way though. I dont wanna be bored by the end of it.

For example, some of my favourite promos so far were the ones done by Half Boy (the one with the numbers), The Brain (the one which introduced Black), PS (his introduction promo).

They werent long, they didnt really didnt set up the scene to a tee, but they were really fun reads that built up their character and to me it seemed I was actually watching them on tv. It seemed I knew the guys like I know HHH or Edge or Y2J...I dont know if Im explaining it right, but I hope you get my point.

Not to pat my own back, but Roberto going to the LK show is my favourite promo of them all. Not 'cause it was mine, but because it was a really fun read I think. When it was over, it made me want to read more.

I know Im not that great of a writer, Im probably not even decent, but that promo was really entertaining. I also built up Roberto so well with all those promos and skits from the backstage areas.

I think building you character in the back areas helps making your promo even more interesting than it actually is. If I know the character, the promo to me seems 100 times more exciting. Like Doc Adams for example, he built his character to perfection so far. Everytime he posts something, it builds his character even further.

Now, reading your promo, it was done well imo, but by half through it, I couldnt wait for it to be over. It was too long and saying the same thing...you know what I mean? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I felt and maybe thats how the judges felt. The grade was still too low and the truth is, maybe you should have still gotten over this week.

But you looked good in losing, and its better for the all storyline that I actually won I think. When Pain beat Roberto, it was actually a good thing for CWA. I was going away, and it actually made more sense that Pain won anyway. The Brotherhood seem legit now and everything.

You losing makes Redemption interesting (3 way). Also I just saw that Ralph won his match against Shadow Equinox, even tho his grade was lower. Thats a great move, it makes for a more interesting final and it puts a new guy in the spotlight.

I still dont think thats an excuse for you losing. If your promo is better, you should win. But look at the bright side, you're still a main eventer even with loss.

Again, I think yours should have passed this week and that is the only explanation I got for your loss sadly.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 07-03-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Danger Zone

Status

Thanks for the tips I guess Im not used to this style of efed where short and sweet does the trick. I used to be a part of an efed where my promo is championship caliber. I guess I need to adjust more to this style of efed.

Once again sorry for being a little baby with this I just hated how low my score was, I dont care about losing becasue its all about fun but I thought I did a lot better than this

Broadcast Journalist

Status

As a grader, I can tell you Sam was pretty much dead on why I gave you a lower score than you thought you deserved. The promo dragged. I know you put a lot of time and effort into it, but you must consider the reader when you write. I was tired of reading it about halfway through.

Having said that, if you write a promo of that length that actually keeps me hanging on the next word, then that's a massively win promo. That's what we mean by quality over quality. The promo needs to be dense with substance, not just 3 pages of describing the same scene.

Again, I know you went to a lot of trouble on that promo. I'm just offering some advice on where you should focus your attention on your next one.

True Heart and Emotion

Status

any suggestions for anything i should change?

CWA'S New Chapter is about to begin

God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M. Punkster View Post
    any suggestions for anything i should change?
    Your spelling is the only big thing. It's improved but it still brings your score down, everything else you are pretty good on and will just take you finding what scenario's you're best at.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

King of New York

Status

I know were supposed to be creative and all but is it not insulting to see a guy named after an already made fictional story. Randy Robinson? Nice job by all the participants that participated in CWA none-the-less.

Click As Well

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Malone View Post
    I know were supposed to be creative and all but is it not insulting to see a guy named after an already made fictional story. Randy Robinson?
    Eh, the member Clearly who was behind the character is banned so I figure Robinson will soon dissapear in soon time

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

Hey Darren, are you gonna post all the promos?

Thread Information