Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Like Legacy?

~** The French Kiss~**

Status

Do You Like Legacy?

I kind of do and I kind of don't. Don't get me wrong , I love Randy Orton.. But Ted and Cody they really don't fit together well..I get the whole generation thing , but I think the Edge , Zack Ryder , and Curt Hawkins thing was muchh better. What do you guys think?

.Best Diva Ever.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Re: Do You Like Legacy?

Orton was amazing around the time when he kicked McMahon in the head. He was the best thing the WWE had going for them. I've slowly lost interest in his character since then.

I cannot take Chicken Legs Rhodes seriously. Maybe I'm harsh on him but I feel if his name was Cody Andrews and he was not related to Dusty he would not be anywhere near the WWE for at least another 4-8 years if at all. I find him boring in the ring and even more boring on the microphone.

Ted Dibiase has the "it" factor. He also has a decent physique on a good frame. I haven't really seen him in any big time matches, nor have I seen him do anything promo wise beside his recent thing with Orton and his debut promos but he seems pretty solid on the mic for a younger guy. I'll reserve judgment on his actual in ring ability until I see him in some actual one on one PPV matches.

As a stable, I don't think Legacy is anywhere near where Evolution was. Evolution is up as one of the top stables ever. It was just at a low point in wrestlings popularity so it won't get it's props. It lead to one of the best WrestleMania/Rumble storylines in recent memory which was Batista/HHH. Also, they always were booked with credability. Legacy is not. I understand that neither Dibiase or Rhodes should be able to beat Batista, or HHH one on one but constantly being taken out despite gang attacking one guy ruins it for me.
    lol?

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

ukkid

Status

I dislike the legacy , but randy orton really cool , but can he fight for his own battles ?

Oderint Dum Metuant

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I liked the concept of it when it was first talked about, but they quickly became the weakest heel faction I have seen in a long, long time. And Randy Orton bores the ever loving shit out of me.

King Resthold.

Status
      Country                    United States

Legacy is in a tough spot right now, if they were being better received I think they probably would have had the tag titles right now. I don't think it's time yet for that. I'd love to see Orton retain the title for awhile, and eventually see Legacy get the tag titles. They are booking these guys so weak though, I really hope they start changing that, and building them into stars.

Ted Dibiase Jr.:

Ted really has a real good look, and will be the better out of these two IMO. He has decent ring skills, and actually is doing pretty good for having to live up to that name.

Cody Rhodes:

I don't really like his look, he has decent ring skills, but I dont know how far he'll be able to go.

Legacy should be on a 6 month plan. I want to see Orton hold onto the title through January, and for Legacy to get the tag titles around Summerslam. Orton has had the belt less than a month. Please for the love of God let him hold the title for a half year, and build up the title again. Five title changes already in one year? Just fucking stop already. No need to keep change like this.

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Legacy are unfortunate that they have come about at a time when WWE books heels so weakly. In this era of WWE, every heel looks so much weaker than the face they are competing against. Of course, faces have always been "the better man" to an extent, which is why heels have to resort to cheating, but now more than ever, the heels are made to look like total bitches, and this has been particularly apparent in the booking of Legacy.

I agree with iamthedestroyer in that Orton was the best thing going in WWE before the build up to Wrestlemania 25. He had a lot of momentum, he was great on the mic and he was providing the sort of heel character we don't really see nowadays. He was vicious, sadistic and he didn't care who he had to take out to get what he wanted. Once he got involved with Triple H he immediately started to look weak. Triple H nearly took out the whole of Legacy in the Rumble, and since then he has constantly dominated three guys. It makes them look pretty awful. Then there is the fact that Shane McMahon, a 40 year old non wrestler, was able to dominate Orton for large periods during their encounters. The Orton/HHH feud was old anyway, and now it has just dragged on for so long that people have completely lost interest in Orton, and with it Legacy, who have basically been booked like his lackeys, hardly competing in matches of their own but instead just helping out the leader. It should have been the angle that really got them over, but instead it does more damage than good as they really have just looked like jobbers. All they are really is targets to distract Triple H so Orton can strike. They don't really pose any sort of threat individually, and even as a team, Triple H seems capable of taking them on alone.

It is hard to get into a stable angle when the stable looks so ridiculously weak. The whole point of a heel stable is that they should look unstoppable. They should be so dominant on the brand that you ask yourself, who can stop them? Unfortunately the answer to that was revealed very quickly: Triple H can. When you picture Evolution and how they dominated WWE at the time, holding all the titles etc, it is hard to draw any comparison between them and Legacy. Legacy is more Edge and the Edgeheads than Evolution. It's a main eventer and a couple of lackeys. Nothing more, nothing less.

------

As for the actual ability of the guys, I think that Orton is obviously good both on the mic and in the ring, but not perfect by any means. In another era he could be a phenomenal heel, and even in this era he is a very good one, but he is booked to look far too weak, as explained before. He's the finished article, but it's more interesting to assess the abilities of the up and comers:

Cody Rhodes: The guy seems to have SOME ability, and is fairly solid in the ring, but I have to agree that it is only really his last name that has got him his spot in WWE. He is reasonably comfortable on the mic for a young guy which is good, and he can do the basics well in the ring, but I really don't buy him as a serious threat, partly due to his physique. I am usually critical of the idea that people have to have "the look" (big, muscular) to make it in WWE, but when Cody Rhodes is in there with guys like Batista and Cena, it looks like they could snap him in half at will. It really isn't believable. At The Bash when he interfered to stop Triple H pushing Orton over the line to win the stretcher match, it looked ridiculous that he was able to match Triple H's strength.

Ted DiBiase Jr: Undoubtedly the star of the team, Ted has impressed me whenever he has had the opportunity to, being more than capable in the ring and extremely accomplished on the mic. He also has a better look than Cody and seems more believable as a future star of the company. I think he is overrated to an extent because people are already talking about pushing him to the title within the next year, and he is NOWHERE NEAR ready for that sort of push.

As said though, it is hard to judge the two young guys in full at the moment, because they really havn't had much of a chance to show what they can do in the ring, instead fulfilling the lackey role to the main eventer. It would have helped them a lot more if they were actually wrestling during this Legacy run and looked a big deal in their own right, but ah well.

I don't really see what more the stable can do. I'm actually hoping for a breakup sooner rather than later, and seeds are being planted....

They just looked too weak, too soon basically.
    This pretty much sums it up exactly right. I disagree about the breakup since I don't think DiBiase is ready to go out on his own, however you've pretty much summed it up right apart from that.
    love ire & song

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Can someone fill me in on when DiBiase became so impressive?

AWESOM-O

walk

Status

When he debuted he had good mic skills. He also had a few good matches with Cena.
    love ire & song

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

walk

Status

I was more thinking of Priceless leaving Orton and staying together in a tag team, but it would be hard to do that without turning them face, and they shouldn't be faces.
    I think they should be kept together until DiBiase goes singles. They really have nothing to gain out of becoming a tag team without Orton since tag wrestling is pretty much dead in WWE. I'd prefer they used Legacy as a vehicle to build Rhodes and DiBiase up by having them become more competitive against bigger stars as they go on, with maybe a US Title reign for one of them (DiBiase, preferably).

Problem is that WWE need to stop booking Legacy so weak for that to work. :\
    love ire & song

Wii #1

Status

Rhodes and DiBiase have come off as little more than weak lackeys of Orton. Orton himself has been weak as WWE Champion since he has yet to get a decisive one-on-on victory (like at The Bash, he got squashed by Triple H. Triple H got DQ'd on purpose, and then Orton would have lost the third fall if Rhodes and DiBiase hadn't interfered). The fact that Shane McMahon by himself was able to almost take out all 3 in a fight made them look weak. I don't think The Legacy has helped anyone in the group, it's actually hurt Rhodes and DiBiase because they went from being a credible tag team to nothing more than lackeys.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

No. A monotone heel stable, why would I?

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

~** The French Kiss~**

Status

I think either Ted or Cody or even the both will soon leave Legacy.. But for all we know they might add another person.

.Best Diva Ever.

I was more thinking of Priceless leaving Orton and staying together in a tag team, but it would be hard to do that without turning them face, and they shouldn't be faces.
    You could always just have them drift away from Orton. Have them stop appearing with Orton and saving him. Meanwhile, continue to have feuds with face teams (If there were any. :>_>: ) There you go, they stay heels and are able to escape Orton.

I call it like I see it.

Status

It was one of those things that looked good on paper, but as I seen it playout...I can say that this is easily one of the most boring stables I have ever seen. Orton dosen't need them, they don't need him...they make each other look bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This picture for the win!

Favorite Superstars: The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, MVP, John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho

Favorite Divas: Mickie James, Alissa Flash, Sarita,Tara, Layla, Bella Twins

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Legacy has gone beyond boring. and they have no credibility, 3 men can't take down HHH and then ric flair kicks all their asses, boring and embarrassing.

Wii #1

Status

They lost credibility the moment Shane McMahon (who is not a wrestler) was able to take them all out by himself.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic B*tches

Status

I don't think Rhodes and DiBiase have been booked weak.. they've been booked inconsistently. One week, they help Orton in a big way, help him secure the title, or beat a team like the Colons straight up without cheating and then the next week they're jobbing to Shane McMahon or taking sledgehammer shots from Triple H. I'd just like to see some more consistency. They should be spineless pricks, but they should also be booked collectively as an effective unit.

As others have said.. I think DiBiase is the star of the team but I wouldn't agree with a face turn. He's a natural heel much like his Dad. He seems like he could be such an arrogant and egotistical asshole. In-ring wise, he's beyond his years. Very crisp. Rhodes too, but he lacks the natural charisma.

Bangin' It.

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Legacy is ok i guess...No further detailed comment...
    Nothings better than simplicity.

Thread Information