Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Royal Rumble has it's own PPV so should the Money In The Bank

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

If Royal Rumble has it's own PPV so should the Money In The Bank

When I'm on the toilet I either read Dragon Ball Z or I think of obscure wrestling scenarios. (no virgin)

It came to mind that in the current landscape of the WWE the Money In The Bank kayfabe wise has become greater than the Royal Rumble.

Every time the Money In The Bank briefcase has been used it has resulted in the title changing hands.

Some people might say "Oh but the Royal Rumble ensures you Main Event the biggest show of the year", but that Money In The Bank could also do that given that the holder chooses to go that route. The only thing the Rumble has on the Money In The Bank is tradition.

WWE should turn Judgment Day into a PPV called WWE Money In The Bank. Much like the Rumble have the 8 Man Money In The Bank headline the PPV. They could build it up immensly with qualification matches all month long. Hype up the fact that no MITB holder has ever walked out without the championship.

I like how MITB has become tradition at WrestleMania, but let's face it WWE could advertise Batista, Triple H, and Ric Flair having a circle jerk live for three hours straight with the Brooklyn Brawler and Pat Patterson on guest commentary and Mania would still get in the range of 500,000-1,000,000 buys. Having a Money In The Bank PPV is a big chance for WWE to take a lesser PPV and pop a big buyrate.
    lol?

Ole!

Status

Re: If Royal Rumble has it's own PPV so should the Money In The Bank

Wouldn't really work as the Rumble is an hour long match and involves 30 superstars, MITB at best doesn't normally stretch 30 mins and only involves 8 superstars.

Move it to a different PPV by all means but don't theme the PPV around it.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Bangin' It.

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I wouldn't really see a problem with theming a PPV around it. Sure it isn't as long as the Rumble, but it would still be pretty cool to have a set PPV each year which is primarily known for MITB. It could help the PPV draw and it would be interesting to see that as the main event rather than a title match. They could make the match longer than it is at Wrestlemania, put more into it, and give some young guys more of a genuine chance to shine in the main event of a PPV.

I kind of like MITB as a modern Wrestlemania tradition, but I also believe that it has started to harm the Wrestlemania cards as it uses up too much talent and encourages lazy booking rather than exciting one on one match-ups.

I would be in favour of a Money in the Bank PPV. It would be an interesting concept for a show and it would make it different from all the other PPVs. Wrestlemania already has enough about it to draw, so MITB doesn't really help it too much. It could certainly help a regular PPV though.
    Also you gotta think about the other matches that don't include the superstars participating in the MITB. Such as championship matches. So the PPV would probably stretch to the length of a normal PPV.
    Nothings better than simplicity.

Tommy Got Hacked

Ole!

Status

Thing is too, its normally fairly mid-card/upper mid-card wrestlers that are in MITB, i don't think they'd draw as well with mid carders in the main event which is why the rumble works, the rumble has nearly all the top stars involved and thats why its the main event, it draws.

God

Status

They could do it as normal but then do two other MITB matches for the two world titles aswell.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Tommy Got Hacked

Status
      Country                    United States

I think it could work, not to mention you can still have your title matches in there for the PPV build. Both world titles could be on the line still. Would be pretty cool to just center the PPV around that, and have it be named after that.

Still would love to see King of the Ring be a ppv. Really miss that one.

Ole!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    They could do it as normal but then do two other MITB matches for the two world titles aswell.
    So you suggest killing MITB like they did with the elimination chamber??

I see why you watch TNA now :D

God

Status

Well they have done it with Scramble matches, Elimination chamber and maybe HIAC aswell now. Just trying to continue their tradition.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Tommy Got Hacked

Ole!

Status

I dunno, I think considering the top stars would be on the show in World Title matches, it would still draw good numbers. Unlike a lot of other PPVs, it would feature a match you can only see once a year.
    Thats the problem right there.

The people you would pay the money to see on the PPV wouldn't be in the match that they were building the PPV around.

Its the reason Survivor Series works and why The Rumble works, the stars you want to see are in the matches the PPV is focused around.

If you advertise a PPV around MITB and then don't include the big stars in that match then it wouldn't be worth it, yeah you'd still see them on the show but it wouldn't be for the advertised match the PPV is built around.

Tommy Got Hacked

Ole!

Status

No, because as I said, the very fact that you get to see MITB and you don't see it at any other PPV would make it a draw.
    But you have to get the combination right.

Its why in a small way matches like Elimination Chamber and the Scramble Matches worked before they overkilled it, they featured who you were buying the PPV for.

You'd have to have people like Cena, Batista, Undertaker etc all involved in the MITB match for it to draw well enough to become a regular thing.

Tommy Got Hacked

Ole!

Status

What do you mean? King of the Ring didn't feature the top guys usually but it still had a PPV themed around it.

Having MITB as the main event of said PPV would just make it seem a bigger deal. You could get a balance of young up and comers and established main event talents in the match, putting over the fact that everybody wants the briefcase. I think it would work just fine.
    And where is the King Of The Ring now?

I'm not saying it wouldn't work i'm just saying it would need to have the bigger names to make it draw really well which is what MITB isn't for, it is for the mid card wrestlers to get their chance and if you were to centre a PPV around MITB then those stars who normally get to shine at Wrestlemania would be stuck lower down the card instead while the likes of Cena, Batista & Undertaker would get more spotlight than they already have.

And also if that were to happen, you wouldn't get the high spots you normally get with the people like Benjamin and Morrison.

Tommy Got Hacked

Ole!

Status

It's not a case of all main eventers or all up and comers though is it....

With 8 guys I think they could definitely strike a good balance.

Something like this (just an example):

John Cena vs Shawn Michaels vs Jeff Hardy vs Jack Swagger vs Rey Mysterio vs John Morrison vs The Miz vs MVP

Are you saying that wouldn't draw?

It probably would but not as much as:

Cena vs Batista vs Undertaker vs Orton vs HHH vs Edge vs Jeff vs Michaels

Its got to be thought through logically.

Yes i'd like MITB on a seperate PPV but it would become a throw away match on that PPV and would be overshadowed by the title matches instead.

It would become another opportunity for a main eventer to get a shot at a title instead of pushing someone new into the main event from the mid card which is what MITB is for.

Tommy Got Hacked

Thread Information