Thread: WWE Smackdown Spoilers for 07.10.09

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status

WWE Smackdown Spoilers for 07.10.09

- They showed the end of the Hardy/Punk match at the Bash, and then Jeff came out to a huge pop with lots of little girls and kids going bonkers. He was sporting an eye patch when he came out. He cut a short promo about his eye injury being about as realistic as Punk's eye injury.

(1) Kane beat Jeff Hardy in 7:00. Hardy began to comeback from the Kane beating when Punk's music hit and the Champ came out onto the stage. Hardy was distracted and was caught with a chokeslam.

(2) Dolph Ziggler beat John Morrison in 8:00 in the surprise of the night (for me at least). Prior to the match, Morrison is shown backstage talking to Teddy Long about going kareoking with him in the future. Morrison reminded Long that he has challenged the winner of the Hardy-Punk match at Night of Champions for a title shot, which Long confirmed. Ziggler wins with a roll-up (pulling the tights) after a fantastic counter-sequence with Morrison. I think that Ziggler has some real, serious potential as a heel. People were all over him during his entrance and during the match. Morrison was pretty well liked by the crowd.

(3) Melina & Eve Torres beat Women's champion Michelle McCool & Layla when Melina pinned Layla in about 5:00. Standard Divas tag match with a great pull-apart brawl between Melina and McCool at the end of the match, good heat for McCool in this segment. Lots of "Where's the Undertaker?" comments directed to McCool from my section.

- Jeff Hardy comes out to commentate on the Punk-Khali match. Punk came out and gave the promo that many people have been waiting for from him. Here's my best recollection of it, said as Punk is in the ring looking at Hardy, who is sitting next to JR:

"Are you happy Jeff? You come out earlier wearing an eye patch mocking me? I could have been seriously injured because of you! You see this right here? This is Dyhydroxy Sulfate -- I have to put it in my eye three times a day. It's the only foreign substance I'll allow in my body. Now Jeff, I know you know a lot about prescription medication but, see, to get this legally you have to get it from a doctor. If you want to be like me, with your little eyepatch, instead of doing that, why don't you try living a clean lifestyle, a straight edge lifestyle? Jeff, you have two strikes, do you know how many I have? ZERO. Do you know how many times I've been suspended Jeff? ZERO. Do you know how many times I've been to a rehab facility in my life? ZERO. Do you know what your chances are for beating me at Night of Champions Jeff? ZERO"

(4) World Hvt. champion C.M. Punk beat Khali by DQ when Kane interrupted with a chair and trades shots with Khali.

(5) Hart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd & D.H. Smith) beat Cryme Time (Shad Gaspar & JTG) in 6:00 with a Hart-Attack/Total Elimination hybrid-type move (Kidd with the sweep, Smith with the clothesline). Hart Dynasty had good heel heat, can't wait to watch their development on Smackdown.

(6) IC champion Rey Mysterio beat Chris Jericho in 15:00. Rey Mysterio got an insane pop, louder than the one's I've heard for Cena and Austin during previous visits to Bakersfield. Mysterio was clearly the star of the show and the one that the majority of the crowd was there to see. Great things in this match like you would suspect with these two. Chris Jericho is the best at what he does. Edge and Ziggler attacked Mysterio after the match to massive, massive heat.

PWTorch
    Time for you all Punk fans to cream.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: WWE Smackdown Spoilers for 07.10.09

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Status

I'm jizzing! and JoMo getting a title shot?! Holy shit! And the "where's taker?" chants.

Looks like an amazing Smackdown!

dxanman

Well... I guess I was wrong about them not bringing up the drug situation. Just proves how long I've been away from it lol

The Devil You Know

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Wow, Morrison getting a title shot. That's awesome! Hopefully they follow through on it and do it correctly. That's going to be awesome when it happens!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

all around the world CM Punk Marks are creaming all over their keyboards from reading this.

The show as a whole looks pretty damn decent.

Heel Champion

Status

My iTouch is a wee bit sticky. But it can be cleaned.

I cannot wait to see this.

Curtain Jerker

Status

i knew something like this would happen since edge is injured they want dolph to replace him at night of champions because they want jericho to hold to the championships

Thread Information