Thread: Adrenaline Rush - July 1st 2009 - Live from Fargo, ND

God

Status

Adrenaline Rush - July 1st 2009 - Live from Fargo, ND

Jim Taylor: Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to what is sure to be an action packed show tonight as CWA Adrenaline Rush comes to you live from Fargo, North Dakota.

Shadow Equinox vs. Ralph McCoy

- Shadow Equinox finally won when it mattered last week. Will he do it again?
    - Ralph McCoy has become an instant fan favourite in CWA.

Demon Deeds once again berated Equinox as he led him to the ring. Deeds was sure to let Equinox know that failure was not an option. Once in the ring, Deeds tried to intimidate McCoy and ended up getting slapped for it. McCoy instantly backed up as the referee ordered both men to separate. Deeds decided otherwise ad continued to walk in the direction of McCoy. Shadow Equinox grabs Deeds by the arm and pulls him back. Deeds seems stunned by this and shoves Equinox off him. Equinox has seemingly had enough as he again grabs Deeds but this time sprays him with some Black Mist when he turns around, much to the delight of the fans in attendance. Equinox lines up and takes Deeds down with the Inner Demon before dumping him out of the ring. Equinox turns to McCoy and offers a handshake before the match starts.

Both men wrestled back and forth with each man having several chance to gain the victory. Equinox hit the Spear but McCoy was able to kick out at two. Not only did McCoy kick out, he got a second wind and took the fight to Equinox. McCoy hit a snap hurrancanrana before hitting a Code Red for a long two count. McCoy quickly went off the ropes to follow up but Equinox was ready for him and hit the Inner Demon to stop McCoy dead in his tracks. Shadow Equinox made the cover and got two before Demon Deeds dragged the referee out of the ring. Equinox tries a baseball slide but Deeds dodges the attack and smacks Equinox in the side of the head with a lead pipe. Deeds shoves the barely conscious Equinox back into the ring where he is soon on the receiving end of the Frog Splash from McCoy for the finish.

Lindsay Monahan: Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner and advancing to the final at Redemption, in 11 minutes and 34 seconds, is Ralph McCoy.

McCoy climbs the turnbuckles in celebration of his achievement. McCoy soaks in the reaction before turning and coming face to face with Demon Deeds. Deeds swings a right hand but McCoy is ready for it and ducks it. Deeds spins until McCoy grabs the back of his head and pulls him in to hit his signature move Dust ‘till Dawn. McCoy stands over Deeds before going to Equinox and offering him a hand up. Equinox accepts the gesture before raising McCoy’s hand is victory. Both men then walk backstage as Equinox continues to congratulate McCoy on his victory.

Next the lights in the arena go out, and Supernaut hits out over the speakers. Ultimate Pain's trademark spotlights zoom over the audience at an ever increasing speed. Finally the spotlights go out, before almost instantly coming on again in the centre of the entrance ramp, where Ultimate Pain stands, dressed in his usual casual attire, aviators included, with his World Heavyweight Title being held above his head in one hand. The crowd gives him a decent reception after his heroic victory last week. Pain then slowly places the belt over his shoulder, before making his way down to the ring. Pain then climbs into the ring, and once again strikes a pose showing his belt to the fans. Pain then makes his way over to Lindsay Monahan to request a microphone from her.

Ultimate Pain: I haven't got much to say tonight for a change so this I'm going to keep this brief. Tonight I'm facing one half of the kinkiest father son combo I've ever met. I almost feel like I should be letting Adam Brown beat me to save him from his Dad's belt yet again. Then again, I'm on an eight match undefeated streak, have just beat one of the biggest names in wrestling history, am the leader of the greatest stable in wrestling today, and of course I'm the World Heavyweight Champion of CWA no matter how hard anyone in the back tries to deny that fact. So Adam Brown, or Poppa Pump, or whatever you're calling yourself these days, you picked the wrong man to try and make a name of! I'm in no mood to lose. I'm in no mood to mess about, and definitely not a no-hoper like yourself! Do you really think you're going to pick up your first victory against the CWA Champ?

Ultimate Pain seems to ponder this seemingly impossible thought before snapping back to reality.

Ultimate Pain: Well, you definitely aren't going to become the second man to beat me here in CWA Brown, believe that. For I am, the Ulllllltiiiiimaaatteee...

Pain lowers his aviators before looking around the audience soaking up the atmosphere. He then grabs the camera, bringing it close to his face, and shouts into it.

Ultimate Pain: PAAAAAIIINN!

Randy Robinson vs. Top Dog

- Randy Robinson is making his CWA debut tonight.
    - Top Dog has been experiencing some mixed form as of late, one week he’ll be dominant, the next he’ll be unrecognizable.

Top Dog and Randy Lock up in the middle of the ring. Top dog transitions into a side Headlock. Randy pushes him off into the ropes. Top Dog comes off and hits a clothesline Randy springs up and he is hit with a punch in the face and then hit with a neck breaker. Top Dog drops a leg drop on Randy he goes for the cover but Randy kicks out right away. Top Dog locks in a head but Randy will his self up to his feet after a few seconds. Top Dog quickly halts his momentum with a bulldog. Randy rolls out of the ring, Top Dog follows him but Randy rolls back in, and when Top dog follows again Randy stomps on the back of his head. Randy gets a couple of stomps on the back of him. Randy goes for the Ram STF. Top Dog quickly goes to the ropes. Randy has to let go of the hold. Randy stalks Top Dog as he gets up. He step up for the Ram Attitude Adjustment. Top dog slips out and goes for The end. Out of no where Randy counters in to a roll up and score the pin fall.

Lindsay Monahan: The winner in 7 minutes and 33 seconds, Randy “The Ram” Robinson.

Backstage and we see Michelle Kelly talking to a member of the crew when suddenly Jay Walters comes in the parking lot door. Jay walks past her and continues down the hall. She tries to make eye contact with the mysterious Walters but he keeps walking. There’s an eerie silence over her and the crew member when she suddenly follows Jay down the hall.

Michelle Kelly: Mr. Walters a minute of your time?

Jay continues walking as she tries to keep up.

Michelle Kelly: Last week you demanded a contract after cowardly beating the Doc up.

Jay smirks and keeps walking, she is still on his tail.

Michelle Kelly: Tonight you get a chance to get what you demanded when you face Quinn, how do you think you will fair?

Walters’ stops and looks at Michelle.

Jay Walters: Wrestling is my life. It was taking away from by them ass-holes on the other channel and it won’t be taking away from me again. Especially by some guy who would rather work behind the desk in the creative department then inside the squared circle. Tonight I get a contract at his dispense, and when I have it that’s when The New Chapter will be written.

Walters walks away down the hallway leaving Michelle standing alone in her tracks.

Michelle Kelly: That guy’s got problems.

Walters mutters something as he opens the door to his locker room.

Jay Walters: More then you will ever know.

The Ultimate Pain vs. Adam Brown

- The Ultimate Pain is currently eight matches unbeaten.
    - Adam Brown specifically requested this match in a bid to make a name for himself.

The two face each other in the ring. Brown lunges towards pain going for a hard clothesline, but Pain ducks under, then catches him with a neck breaker. On the mat, Pain puts on an arm bar. Brown struggles for a bit, before using both the barred arm and his free hand to raise Pain off the mat, and slams him on the ground, breaking the hold. Brown kicks Pain on the ground, kicking him over to the corner, where he stamps him until the ref’s count of four. Pain staggers to his feet, and Brown greets him with a short arm clothesline. He goes for the cover, and gets a two count. Brown pulls pain off the mat, and hooks him for a suplex, but pain counters with a pair of knees to the gut, then hooks Brown’s leg and executes a fisherman suplex of his own. On the mat, Pain applies a key lock to Brown. Brown gets to his feet, reverses the hold and whips pain off the ropes. He crouches for a back body drop, but Pain rocks him with a running knee lift off the ropes. Pain then whips Brown off the ropes, and plants him with a sidewalk slam. He goes for the pin, and gets a two count. Brown gets to his feet, but Pain quickly takes him right back down with an STO. He covers him again, and gets a near fall. Pulling Brown off the mat, Pain nails him with a European uppercut, and then a boot to the gut. Trying to end it right there, he tucks Brown’s head and goes for the Ulti-Bomb, but out of desperation Brown counters with a back body drop.

When Pain gets back to his feet, Brown hits a flying shoulder tackle, sending Pain staggering back into the ropes, and into the corner. Brown heads over, and drives Pain with a serious of hard shoulder thrusts into the corner. Taking him out of the corner, Brown plants him in the middle of the ring with a power slam, then goes off the ropes and lands a leg drop. Brown covers Pain, who kicks out at two. Brown kicks Pain over onto his stomach, and then lands a pair of elbow drops to the small of the back. He then scoops Pain off the mat, and executes a backbreaker, leaving Pain clutching his lumbar region. Brown goes down to the mat, and locks on a grounded bear hug. Pain looks to be feeling his namesake, and soon the ref raises his hand to begin the count as he fades away, but Pain shoots his hand up. Pain struggles his way to his feet, then elbows Brown in the head a few times to break the hold. Pain lands a pair of rights, and follows it up with a DDT. He goes for the pin, and Brown kicks out at two. Pain hooks Brown for what appears to be a suplex, but Brown counters with punches to the ribs. Brown then hoists Pain for a suplex himself, but Pain drops down behind him, and catches him with the full nelson bomb. Clutching his back, but realizing his opportunity, Pain hooks Browns legs, and cinches in the Ulti-Vice; with no where to go, Brown taps out, giving the champ another victory.

Lindsay Monahan: Your winner, in 8 minutes and 09 seconds, is the Ultimate Pain.

A video package is shown next of the career highlights of Dr. Jack Adams. It begins with his debut in the CWA, then his Lightweight Championship win and loss, and his announcement of the loss of his wrestling license. Next is some footage of Dr. Adams as a medic in the CWA, helping various wrestlers and leading the medical staff. Next we see the confrontation with Mr. Quade, the contract signing, and highlights of the unsanctioned match on the previous Adrenaline Rush. The package ends on his victory with the help of Jerry Black and Roberto.

The video package finishes and Dr. Adams' music hits. The crowd roars as he appears on the ramp, obviously still in pain but beaming with happiness and relief. He makes his way to the ring, tagging nearly every hand on his way. He gingerly walks up the steps, enters the ring, and pulls a mic from his blazer pocket. He raises the mic and opens his mouth, but the crowd starts to chant, "Welcome back! Welcome back! Welcome back!" Adams beams a wide smile at the crowd and waits patiently for them to settle, then tries again.

Adams: You know, the last time we met like this, I was announcing my involuntary departure from ring competition. Four months later, here I am announcing my voluntary return.

The crowd pops again and a smiling Adams just takes it all in and waits for the noise to die down.

Adams: Thanks to my trainer and friend Jerry Black, and my friend Roberto, I was not only able to walk away from that match, but I walked away from that match with a clear conscience. In addition to that, I got rid of a vindictive politician who used every resource at his disposal to rob me of my livelihood. If I see or hear from him again, even by proxy, I can sue him for all he's worth for breach of contract, and he knows it. I've finally seen the last of Lok.. I mean, "Mr. Quade".

The crowd likely knew this already, but roars at hearing it from Adams himself.

Adams: I feel like the sad, bitter man I was when I first arrived here is gone, and a new Jack Adams has arrived. For the first time in years, I am truly happy. However, one thing that hasn't changed about me since my debut here in the CWA is my thirst for competition. I crave it. I thrive on it. Even as I lay in bed in the medical bay, I wondered who my next challenge would be. I didn't have to think about it long before my next challenge found me.

Adams looks up at the Tron as another package is shown of Jay Walters sneaking into the medical bay and attacking Dr. Adams. The scene ends with Adams lying in a heap on the floor and Walters walking away. The crowd boos loudly.

Adams: Ever since that night, I've been trying to figure out what exactly is motivating Mr. Walters. Is his self esteem so low that he has to attack an injured man to get attention? Is he trying to get my attention in particular? Is he just a deranged individual gets a kick out of inflicting pain? Then I came to a conclusion: His motivation is of little consequence. No matter what his agenda is, he is now the primary blip on my radar, and that is very bad news for him.

The crowd cheers loudly as Adams stares directly into the hard camera.

Adams: Mr. Walters, you may have the upper hand when I'm lying injured on a bed with my eyes closed, but I'm a far greater challenge when I'm at 100%, standing, with my eyes wide open. You want attention? You like inflicting pain? Well, I'm offering you an opportunity to do both. You see, I'm currently accepting new patients and you are in dire need of an adjustment. My date book is wide open, so do yourself a favour and make an appointment. Simply put: I want a one on one match. If you refuse, you'll just confirm my suspicion that you're absolutely gutless.

Adams heads for the ring stairs, grins, and pauses.

Adams: It's great to be back.

Dr. Adams' music hits again and he heads up the ramp to the backstage area.

Shaun Quinn vs. Jay Walters

- Jay Walters is making his CWA debut after being signed from a wannabe backyard promotion.
    - Shaun Quinn is looking to impress Charles Anderson with some gimmicks to gain a spot on the creative team.

Jay charges at Shaun and hits him with a forearm to the face. Shaun staggers and hits him back with a hard right hand to the face. Jay rubs his jaw and then slaps Shaun in the face. Shaun tries to return the favour but Jay ducks it. Jay springs up and he hits Shaun with a kick in the stomach and then hits a snap suplex. Jay drops a elbow on Shaun and taunts him on the ground. He goes for the cover but Shaun kicks out right away. Jay picks up Shaun and pushes him over to the ropes and sends him into the turnbuckle. Jay charges at Shaun but Shaun moves out of the way. Shaun chokes Jay in the corner. The ref separates it and Shaun argues with the ref. When Shaun stops arguing with the ref he is taken by surprise by the C.O.I., right on the money. Jay looks down at Shaun in disgust. He looks around at the crowd as Shaun is struggling to his feet. Jay stalks Shaun and when Shaun reaches his feet Jay hits the Final Chapter. Jay holds the Guillotine and Shaun passes out from the hold. The ref stops the match.

Lindsay Monahan: Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner via submission in 6 minutes 5 seconds, is Jay Walters.

We go backstage now to the office of Charles W. Anderson. Anderson is as per usual sitting at his desk when we go on air.

Charles Anderson: Ladies and Gentlemen, please bear with me for a few moments as I have a very important announcement to make. I have found the culprit. Yes, the culprit who ambushed poor Ruben Johns last week. I have found him, and I have offered him a life time contract for taking care of that annoying piece of business. Next week, he shall be in action before he goes on to face Mr. Johns in singles action at Redemption. Want to know who it is? Tune in next week and find out.

Anderson smiles as the camera quickly fades out.

Joey Nicholas vs. Don de Vries

- Don de Vries impressed in his singles debut last week against St. Deuce. He will however need to be on top form to defeat the determined Joey Nicholas.
    - Joey Nicholas is bidding to make wrestling history at Redemption. A win tonight will put him one giant step closer.

Don de Vries got off to a good start in this one with a lot of strong offence. It seems Nicholas was over confidant (I know that’s a stretch but bear with me) and didn’t think his opponent was going to put up much of a fight. De Vries gave Nicholas several early scares before Nicholas took control and began to pick apart his opponent. Nicholas went to work on the neck after de Vries landed awkwardly following a suplex. Nicholas spotting the injury and went to town on it. Nicholas used every neck related move he could think of to inflict as much damage as he could including DDT’s, Pile drivers and neck breakers. Nicholas eventually put de Vries down with the Deal Breaker but decided not to go for the pin. Nicholas instead stood in the corner and waited for his opponent to get back to his feet. Nicholas took a nice breather before charging at de Vries and running into a knee lift. Nicholas stumbled backwards but de Vries was unable to follow up and Nicholas hit a second deal breaker before getting the pin.

Lindsay Monahan: Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner and advancing to the finals at Redemption, in 9 minutes and 17 seconds, is Joey Nicholas.

As we are shown replays of the previous match, the entrance music of the CWA World Tag Team Champions, The Future plays causing the replays to be cut short. Daren Storm and Axl Storm make their way through the entrance curtain before parting ways for Alexis to come out between them and lead them to the ring. Dressed in casual jeans and tee-shirts the tag champions don’t look as if they are here to compete. The trio reach the ring, climb inside and do their ridiculously choreographed pose for the fans, as if they cared. After several seconds of simply posing, Daren Storm asks for a mic and is given one by Lindsay Monahan.

Daren Storm: In case any of you inbreeds don’t know who we are, we are the unbeaten, undisputed, CWA World Tag Team Champions who represent the strongest faction in wrestling today. We are quite simply, the Future.

Daren Storm again poses for the fans which prompts Alexis to snatch the mic from his hand.

Alexis: We are not here for fun and games, we have some business to tend to, so if you two wouldn’t mind, how about we get on with it?

Alexis gets probably the biggest face reaction she will ever receive following that comment.

Alexis: No need to cheer me, I know I’m great.

The cheers quickly turns back to the more familiar boo’s as Alexis hands the mic to Axl Storm.

Axl Storm: As Alexis said, we do indeed have some business to tend to, that business regards our CWA World Tag Team Championships and the fact that no team in CWA is anywhere close to our level. If you had any sense whatsoever, you would have been able to figure that out simply by looking at our record in CWA. Which, for the record, stands at a perfect 4-0. It’s not a coincidence that we also hold the CWA World Tag Team Championships, it’s simply a fact that we are better than everyone else. We don’t have a problem with being better than everyone, after all, we have learned to live with it our whole life. We do however, have a problem with one thing. For some insane reason, our contracts state that unless we are competing at the pay per view event, we don’t get paid. It doesn’t matter what the reasoning is, we simply don’t get paid. We’re not going to allow that to happen.

Axl Storm passes the mic back to Daren Storm who appears ready to talk business.

Daren Storm: Indeed we are not. That’s why, earlier today, we came up with a great idea. An Invitational tag team tournament with the winners getting a shot at us at Redemption. Unfortunately, that idea went out the window when we looked at the roster and seen that no-one had a chance of winning a tournament, let alone providing a decent match for us. It was at this point in which we came up with a second, better idea. We are going to hand pick a tag team from the CWA roster, and build them into credible opponents. This may seem like a mammoth task, but we are prepared to put the time and effort in and are even willing to team with them in an eight man tag at Redemption. Now, before all the teams in the back cream themselves at the thought of being on the same side as us, let me make one thing perfectly clear. We are not on your side, you are not and will never be good enough to stand beside us, should you be the lucky team that we select, well, lets just say it will be the runaway winner if you are asked to pick a career highlight.

Daren Storm then continues the game of pass the mic as it goes back to Alexis again.

Alexis: Tag teams of CWA, you have been put on notice, next week, we will make our decision. It would be advisable that you all start sucking up to us because lets face it, none of you are going to be picked on talent. Next week, my team will embark on what many will consider to be impossible, build a team that is able to survive in the ring with the greatest team of all time, my team, the Future.

Alexis drops the mic at her feet as it is once again posing time. Oddly enough, the fans don’t boo them out of the ring, instead they seem to be intrigued with what has just been announced.

Rich Stone vs. Roberto

- Roberto used his re-match clause at Hostile Takeover. He didn’t leave as champion, but he didn’t lose either raising questions about weather or not he is entitled to a second chance since he didn’t lose.
    - Rich Stone doesn’t need to worry about the result as much tonight as he is already guaranteed a title match in the near future.

Roberto and Stone put everything they had into this one just for the chance to get in the ring with the champion again. Stone used his wide variety of strikes to keep Roberto at bay for much of the match. The striking would however only last so long as Roberto adapted and found a way around it. Roberto got himself and opening and quickly went to work on the legs of Stone. You cant kick, if you don’t have legs. Roberto focused his attack entirely on the legs and knees as Stone began to show signs of weakening. Roberto went for the Colours of the Rainbow in an attempt to finish the match but Stone blocked it and managed the hit a stiff clothesline to leave both men down in the middle of the ring. Stone is first to recover as he stalks Roberto and hit’s a Spike DDT but isn’t finished at that. Stone pulls Roberto back to his feet and nails him with the Franchise Tag. Stone crawls on top and doesn’t hook the leg in a show of arrogance. Luckily it didn’t come back to bite him in the ass as the referee counted the three.

Rich Stone rises back to his feet but is in for a shock when the referee pushes his arms back down and tells him he hasn’t won. Stone shoves the referee before turning to see Roberto’s left foot on the bottom rope. Stone mutters to himself before grabbing Roberto by the head to pull him back to his feet. Roberto surprises Stone and catches him in a small package for the three count.

Lindsay Monahan: Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner, and new number one contender, in 24 minutes and 12 seconds, is Roberto!

Roberto is in too much pain to celebrate. Rich Stone meanwhile is irate at what he believes was a fast count for shoving the referee a minute ago. Stone screams at the referee but he isn’t going to change his mind. Stone, still fuming, turns back to Roberto and hit’s a Super kick before hitting a second Franchise Tag. Stone stands over Roberto with his head in his hands and a look of pure hatred on his face to end the show.

===Quick Results===
    Ralph McCoy def Shadow Equinox
    Randy Robinson def Top Dog
    The Ultimate Pain def Adam Brown
    Jay Walters def Shaun Quinn
    Joey Nicholas def Don de Vries
    Roberto def Rich Stone

===On Screen Promo‘s written by===
    PS
    The Brain
    Jay M. Punkster
    God

===Matches written by===
    Sonic
    johnnybiggs
    God

===GFX by===
    Dr. Doom

===Matches graded by===
    The Brain
    PS
    God
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

People's Champion

Status

Re: Adrenaline Rush - July 1st 2009 - Live from Fargo, ND

Who Tried to kill me!!!!!!!! GRrrrrr! lol.

Good show!

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Great show
    Redemption is shaping up to be a solid show
    I knew it was a matter of time before Equinox turned on Deeds lol

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Equinox turning face was pretty cool. Nicholas vs McCoy should be good too. Also looking forward to seeing The Future's little pet project develop. Good stuff all around.

Dat ass....

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Great show, good work all around.

Team Cyrush T: ftBest

Danger Zone

Status

congrats Roberto on winning but I want to see these scores for myself that was literally the best I had, and Im disappointed that I lost. Congrats again Roberto on a job well done

Ramrod!

Status

Awesome show! Hehe, Redemption is going to be fun

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    congrats Roberto on winning but I want to see these scores for myself that was literally the best I had, and Im disappointed that I lost. Congrats again Roberto on a job well done
    Thanx, but it was a close match. You came out looking really good actually, even tho you lost, so I dont think this loss hurts you at all.

Great show Darren and to all involved.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 07-03-2009 at 01:36 AM.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

I'm surprised Sonic didn't win personally, no offence Narc (I dunno what to call you anymore, haha)

Roberto's promo was good with pretty poor spelling/grammar (and was extremely late), whilst Stone's was good, but I felt it dragged too much.

I had Stone down to pip Roberto personally, but I guess the other graders went the other way.

Nice show anyways guys. I can see this Ruben Johns storyline being epic

And he scores goals...!

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    I'm surprised Sonic didn't win personally, no offence Narc (I dunno what to call you anymore, haha)

Roberto's promo was good with pretty poor spelling/grammar (and was extremely late), whilst Stone's was good, but I felt it dragged too much.

I had Stone down to pip Roberto personally, but I guess the other graders went the other way.

Nice show anyways guys. I can see this Ruben Johns storyline being epic
    Narc sounds good, I guess I'll always be known as that .

My promo this week was late and it wont happen again. I always leave everything for the last minute, but Ill try not to from now on. I always think I got 2 weeks, but the 2 weeks fly by really fast lol.

The spelling/grammar was poor, but I think it always is anyway. This week even worse tho, 'cause I was rushing to do it.

God

Status

The lateness hasent been used against anyone yet. As i've said in other threads we are working on a point deduction system that will be in use from the PPV on.

Also, Son of Sam, Sawyer, Narc, whatever it is this month needs to pick a name and stick to it imo >.>
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

Everytime I change my name, I always say it's the last time and at the time I actually mean it. But Im someone who gets bored pretty easily and I like change. This time tho its the actual last time and I really mean it

Thread Information