Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should there be a European title?

Curtain Jerker

Status

Should there be a European title?

Here's what im thinking. My philosophy on titles other than the World HW and WWE title is that they are proving grounds and popularity gainers for mid carders(many would agree with that). So if thats the case maybe they should add the European title for a few reasons.

1. Bring back the Grand Slam concept, many wrstlers can get it but they dont hav that missing european title(Mysterio, Punk, Edge)

2. A belt for the lowest of lows to work with- A guy like Kendrick isnt being used much because they dont kno what to do with him, make him the Euro champ and giv him credibility. And make him a face because he's better off that way. Finlay could hold that title( would make sense since he's irish) and start having him earn the fans respect.

3. To bring back some of the good old days. I used to love watching Mid carders working their way up by competing in tough matches for titles like the European and hardcore( RVD, Guerrero, Hardy) and some ended up being world champs. Maybe it'll work.

What do you think?

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: Should there be a European title?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

People's Champion

Status

The Grand Slam deal is with the current championships. So not even HBK is a grand slam champion for today cause he hasnt won the US title.

And No, they would have to get rid of a title just for it to make sence or put the title on ECW...which only had like 5 stars.

Bangin' It.

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I think thats the best idea I heard today. Bringing back the European title is a golden idea. Plus I know what you mean; I used to love watching mid-carders work their way up and fighting for the European and Hardcore titles. I loved how someone could randomly attack someone as hardcore champion and win the belt.. It was pure awesome and genius!
    Nothings better than simplicity.

God

Status

I dont think they would need a European title if they knew how to book the Intercontinental and United States title properly. The IC title is finally getting something but as far as i know, the US is doing nothing for anyone. Adding the European title would only take the already limited attention away from those two when its really not needed.

Besides, the lowest guys on the roster dont need a title to aim for. Thats why they are at the bottom. It would be like saying they are the best of the rest instead of allowing them to work their way up the card a little and then try and go for one of the two midcard titles. A lower midcard title quite simply isnt needed.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Glad this was moved.

Why should there be three mid card titles? They've killed mid-card contendership as there is.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Wii #1

Status

Not with the current brand split. Unify the 3 world titles together, unify the IC/US title, unify the 2 womens titles, and keep the tag titles permantly unified (right now they are "unified" the same way boxing titles are; meaning it is just one team holding 2 separate titles and not one team holding one title). Maybe then they could introduce a third-tier title.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

People's Champion

Status

But why would they bring these belts together only to bring in another title? It would be logical.

God

Status

To reduce the number of belts. As it is there are five singles titles in the WWE. What Kennedy is saying is merge them together to form two and then use the European as the third. It's still less titles.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

People's Champion

Status

It would be confusing I think....but isnt that what the Intercontinental title is...?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

They already have two mid card championships, one of which doesn't even get defended on PPV.

If anything, WWE should minimize the amount of belts in order to regain credibility. Each brand should have one singles title with the Tag Team, World, and Woman's belts all being tri brand affairs.

The biggest issue with the WWE creatively right now is that there is nobody who is THE MAN. I attribute this to there being two World Championships.
    lol?

Wii #1

Status

WWE has 3 world titles, not 2 (yes the ECW Championship is a world title).
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
    WWE has 3 world titles, not 2 (yes the ECW Championship is a world title).
    ECW is a World Championship in the kayfabe sense, but honestly what fan or wrestler would put winning the ECW belt on the same reigns as winning the WWE or World Heavyweight? Financially, the ECW Championship is a good position to be in because it gurrantees you a PPV spot and bonus each month, but it is likely nowhere as lucrative as Raw or Smackdown's belts since ECW never actually headlines PPVs or WrestleMania.

Also, keep in mind that for the last year or two nobody who has held the ECW Championship had held a World Championship in the WWE already. (Sans Kane, but we all know how that went.) The only guys that hold the ECW belt are midcard guys or guys being built up as future Main Eventers. Although the announcers might put it over as a World Belt, anybody who claims that it is on the level of the WHC or WWE title is kidding themselves.
    lol?

ukkid

Status

yes it would be cool
    I think that the WWE needs more titles lol

REP

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

The European title was only important for one night in 1997. Considering the guy it was made for has been out of WWE for nearly 10 years and dead for 7, I'd say it would be a waste of time.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

WWE already struggles to have their titles defended regularly as is. When was the last time Primo & Carlito defended their tag titles before The Bash on tv? Why would you want to institute a new title when they struggle to feature them as is?
    love ire & song

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Unify Women's/Divas' titles, IC/US title and the tag titles (permanently) then maybe wwe could have a European title with the holders of those titles able to compete on any of the 3 brands (think each brand should have their own brand).

That'll give wwe? 7 titles? In WWF/E's peak they had WWF, IC, Euro, Tag, Light-Heavy, Women's, Hardcore = 7, so that seems the right number. 8 seems a bit much.

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Unify Women's/Divas' titles, IC/US title and the tag titles (permanently) then maybe wwe could have a European title with the holders of those titles able to compete on any of the 3 brands (think each brand should have their own brand).

That'll give wwe? 7 titles? In WWF/E's peak they had WWF, IC, Euro, Tag, Light-Heavy, Women's, Hardcore = 7, so that seems the right number. 8 seems a bit much.
    Why unify the IC and US titles only to create another midcard championship?
    love ire & song

Bangin' It.

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    The European title was only important for one night in 1997. Considering the guy it was made for has been out of WWE for nearly 10 years and dead for 7, I'd say it would be a waste of time.
    That is a pretty good point.
    Nothings better than simplicity.

Thread Information