Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE signs new diva

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

WWE signs new diva

SHIMMER Women's Wrestling issued the following today:

Everyone at SHIMMER - WOMEN ATHLETES would like to congratulate Serena Deeb on officially signing a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

From the first day she stepped into a wrestling ring, it has always been Serena's goal to earn a job with WWE. Serena moved from Virginia to Kentucky on her own dime for the sole purpose of enrolling in the Ohio Valley Wrestling training program several years ago, and she has been a mainstay in the OVW women's division ever since.

Serena debuted for SHIMMER on May 21, 2006 as a last minute substitution when an opening on the lineup created an opportunity. During the three years that followed, Serena displayed tremendous drive, determination, and eagerness to constantly learn. She has always tried to improve her game, be it in SHIMMER competition, at OVW, or in her handful of appearances for Ring of Honor.

Despite OVW losing its status a WWE developmental territory last year, Serena remained focused on achieving her goal of impressing WWE officials enough to be given a chance. All of Serena's hard work has now paid off, as she will soon be relocating to Florida to start with WWE developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling.

Personally speaking, I feel that Serena Deeb is one of the top three female babyface talents in North America today. She's got unbelievable fire, and can project emotion better than most wrestlers of a similar age and experience level. These are essential attributes to go along with the sound athletic wrestling fundamentals which she also possesses. She's a complete package, and is perfect for television.

Serena's training at OVW not only prepared her quite well for professional wrestling in general, but also specifically for the style of wrestling which WWE is looking for. Serena's continued instruction at FCW will only sharpen her existing skills, in preparation for the next stage of her career.

The three match series between Serena and Sara Del Rey were truly breakout performances for her as a wrestler. I feel those matches excellently displayed Serena's unbelievable potential to become a star in this industry. In her outings several weeks ago at the SHIMMER Vols. 23-26 tapings in Chicago, Serena continued to show that she absolutely deserved the spot at the top of the card that she had worked her way into.

I'd like to thank Serena Deeb for all of her contributions to SHIMMER during the past three years. From all of the memorable matches, to sacrificing her car on the drive up for the SHIMMER Title Tournament weekend, Serena gave so much to our product. Though we'll greatly miss her at future tapings, Serena has now been given the chance of a lifetime-- to work her way to the top of her chosen profession.

Good luck, Serena... and congrats!

Source: Pwinsider
    Never Seen her compete but gonna check out some of her matches on youtube.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Re: WWE signs new diva

I've got a couple of Shimmer DVD's, most of the women are just as interchangeable as usual. I think she's got a large chest, but that won't be why WWE hired her. It'll be the wrestling skills, I'm sure of it.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Aint she the one that was on ECW about a month ago in the background or something.

AWESOM-O

Curtain Jerker

Status

Meh, the women's wrestling in WWE isn't particularly interesting. It's not like her signing is going to change anything really.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

The EST of WC

Status

The Bellas should really be released right now they surprised they are still around they aint really done anything since they debuted. As for Rosa she could of been good but after Beth accepted her & let her roll with her & Santino she has just become really useless & done nothing. They could of done a lot more with her.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

The Bellas could've been great if the twin angle had played out on a larger scale. Instead it was just Smackdown filler.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Ugh, seriously? I can't stand her. She was so overpushed in Shimmer, it's not even funny. Not to mention OVW. She's alright, but she's nothing special. She's like on the level of Alicia Fox, and I really hope she doesn't use the spear as her finisher. She's probably not going to stay around for long or do much, which if i'm honest, really is for the best.

The EST of WC

Status

Watched some of her matches & she does seem decent enough & could do well in the WWE if given the chance.

Tommy Got Hacked

The EST of WC

Status

Yeah when i read this i decided to go check her matches out on youtube since i had never heard of her till i saw this. I reckon they would put her on SD & hopefully as a face. SD needs another face that can wrestle right now. The only face on SD that can wrestle is Melina.

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

She'll be in developmental for at least six months. They generally seem to keep divas down there for a fair bit of time.
    love ire & song

Tommy Got Hacked

walk

Status

The move of Gail Kim away when a heel just won the belt was lolworthy.
    love ire & song

God

Status

I suspect she will end up on Smackdown, probably debut on ECW first though. She's good in the ring, but i dont think she is brilliant by any means. With Smackdown so short on good female wrestlers, i think she will get a nice spot but i dont see her winning the title anytime soon.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Tommy Got Hacked

walk

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yeah Gail Kim out and Natalya (another heel) in, when Michelle had just buried Melina.

They really made sure Smackdown was the Michelle show didn't they?

And people say Taker doesn't do politics lol. I think if you're sitting in the back making sure your girlfriend gets pushed over more talented women, you need to retire.
    The other move that baffled me was Fox away when she could get more exposure as McCool's undertstudy now. I'm guessing Michelle didn't like her on a personal level, and now she's destined to be future endeavoured.
    love ire & song

Tommy Got Hacked

The EST of WC

Status

That reminds me what happened to Jillian. Aint seen her in a lil while on Raw. Does she compete on superstars or has she competed on Raw in recent weeks?

Tommy Got Hacked

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information